45 | The Comfort

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
"Ouch!" I squint, flinching a little because of the sudden pain.
 
"Ah, I'm sorry," Rima stops aiding my wound and looks at me with apologetic face. "Is it really hurt?"
 
How I want to tell her that everything could be worse than now. It's a good thing that I only sprained my ankle and have some scars because of the mirror shards instead of having one of us got hit by the bullet.
 
When I heard the sound of the gun, I was extremely worried. I rushed with all my might while Yoorin was following me and we found Junhyung was struggling on the floor, trying to knock down Eric.
 
No one needed to tell me to help Junhyung because I noticed that Rima was tied by a handcuff while Hara stood with shock written all over her face.
 
Within seconds, both of Junhyung and I managed to secure the gun; I found out that Eric fired the gun to hit Junhyung but he missed and the bullet broke the mirror behind Junhyung.
 
Eric kept trying to struggle and I was off guard when he kicked the air randomly to release himself from our grip. That's why I lost my balance and fell back, hitting the fragile mirror.
 
The mirror shards cut my leg though it's not really serious. My ankle is sprained and I need to jump around with one leg to walk around or ask for others' help to walk.
 
Hara called the police while Yoorin contacted Yujin and Rima's father to inform about what happened. Junhyung, in the other hand, is now giving explanation to the police along with Hara.
 
Rima has done with the police and she quickly excused herself after the interrogation, helping me with my wound. She used the aid toolkit Yoorin asked from the staff of the theme park.
 
"It's alright," I smile to assure her. "It's not hurt at all."
 
"Don't lie to me," Rima sighs and then continues to clean my wound again carefully. "Don't smile when you don't want to smile. Just tell me what you're feeling."
 
My heart skips a beat after I heard her words.
 
And the next words just slipped from my mouth without even another thought.
 
"You're beautiful."
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I clean Gikwang's wound carefully, feeling really guilty.
 
It's all because of me.
 
"Who loves her? No one."
 
Maybe Eric was right. No one loves me for who I am. They're just being nice to me; that's what people do. Now look what I've done to the one I care for.
 
"Ouch!" Gikwang flinches because I press the cotton too strong. I quickly pull away the cotton and gasp in surprise.
 
"Ah, I'm sorry. Is it really hurt?" I ask him quickly, cursing myself for being so clumsy. What am I thinking?
 
"It's alright," he smiles gently to me, just like what he always did. "It's not hurt at all."
 
I don't know why but I feel annoyed by his genuine smile. I know he is not faking a smile but looking at his smile when he is actually hurting doesn't make me feel at ease, not even for the slightest.
 
"Don't lie to me," I drop my gaze to his scar again. "Don't smile when you don't want to smile. Just tell me what you're feeling."
 
"You're beautiful," he suddenly mumbles out loud, making me to stop my movement. I look up at him and his smile hasn't disappeared.
 
"Eh?" it's all I can say.
 
"You said I need to tell you what I'm feeling, right?" he pats my head. "That's what I'm feeling."
 
I quickly cover my mouth with the back of my hand, knowing that my cheeks are turning into red in instance.
 
My heart is beating rapidly as he caresses my left cheek with his right hand, "You're beautiful... and special."
 
Special?
 
"Rima," Yoorin interrupts the conversation and calls me over. "We have finished giving the statements to the police. They will bring Eric with them. You need to call your father. He is really worried, you know."
 
"A-Ah, okay," I quickly stand up, hiding my nervousness. Yoorin gives me a nod before turning around. I quickly call her name, "Yoorin!"
 
"Yes?" she responds and looks back at me. "What is it?"
 
I form a smile on my lips, "Thank you, cousin."
 
Yoorin sighs and gives me a 'okay' sign. She walks away and talks about something with Junhyung and Hara. After a minute, Junhyung makes his way to me.
 
"Yah, Gikwang, how is your wound?" he asks Gikwang, looking at his leg. "Can you walk?"
 
"Difficult but I think it's not that bad," Gikwang replies with a wide grin. "Maybe we need to call our manager to pick us here."
 
Junhyung rubs the back of his neck and glances at me. He returns his gaze to Gikwang, "Hara and Yoorin will accompany you to the hospital. I..."
 
He clears his throat awkwardly, "I still have time to enjoy my date today."
 
Date?
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
I stop my steps and look at Rima. She also stops her steps, still keeping her distance with me for at least two metres.
 
"It's not a date if you keep walking two metres away from me," I fix my shades' position, tucking my other hand inside of the pocket. "Are you really ashamed of me?"
 
"It's not a date," she heaves a sigh. "And for your note, I just had a very bad day. If you don't mind, I will love to spend my day in my comfortable bed and-"
 
"Fine, I'll pick the ride," I take her hand in mine, intertwining our fingers together. "You don't have phobia, do you? Let's take the roller coaster."
 
I know that she has a very bad day. Perhaps one of the worst day in her life.
 
Her pathetic stepbrother just kidnapped her, harassing her and almost killed her with a gun; Yoorin explained everything to us into the details after the police arrested Eric.
 
After calling Yujin, she assured us that she would do her best so the incident would not be leaked out to the public. Rima also called her father to assure him that she's alright now.
 
That's why I insisted to spend the rest of the day with her.
 
Just two of us.
 
I want to make her smile and forget about the whole bad day...
 
...with me.
 
"Time out!" she announces and stands still. "I'm exhausted. Can we just take a calm and quiet ride?"
 
I look at Rima and she does look tired yet her face looks brighter than before. I was smiling when I heard she screamed on the roller coaster; she screamed loudly as if she let her stress out.
 
My eyes travel around and finally I find the next ride to take.
 
The ferris wheel.
 
 
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"Welcome," the staff greets us and opens the door for us. "Please be careful with your steps."
 
I step in the blue cart, one of the thirty six carts of the ferris wheel. Junhyung follows me and sits across from me.
 
I sigh and look through the window, gazing at the evening sky in silence. The sun is setting down and the orange sky fills my sight. The ferris wheel moves slowly but sure, letting the visitors to enjoy sightseeing.
 
"Do you enjoy it?" Junhyung mutters out a question, gaining my attention. I glance at him and he continues, "I like your smile when we finished the ride of Gyro Swing."
 
Hoping that the sun can hide my blushed cheeks, I avoid his gaze and pretend to admire the sunset.
 
Looks like he is not satisfied with my silence answer. Junhyung moves to my side and rests his head on my shoulder comfortably.
 
"Y-Y-Yah!" I complaint. Aish, why am I stammering?! "W-What are you doing?"
 
"Making sure I enjoy myself," he smirks with closed eyes. "Rima, are you regretting the fact that the white ribbon represents me?"
 
To be honest, I didn't even think about the white ribbon until he mentioned it. Because of Eric, I even forgot about the reason why I'm at Lotte World in the first place.
 
I choose to give another silence moment as the answer. Junhyung straightens his body and cups my cheek with his hand so our eyes meet, "Do you prefer Gikwang to be here with you?"
 
Junhyung leans closer to me and I unconsciously close my eyes, feeling his breath on my face.
 
The next second I know, Junhyung laughs and ruffles my hair, "What's with that expression, Rima? Do you think I will kiss you?"
 
I feel really embarassed because I did think he would kiss me. I mean... what would he do with that close distance?!
 
"Do you really want me to kiss you that much?" Junhyung raises one of his eyebrows, touching my bottom lip with his thumb. "Do you allow me to-"
 
I flinch by his touch as the memory of Eric's rough action crosses my mind again. I shift backwards, closing my eyes reluctantly. Somehow I feel afraid all of a sudden.
 
"I'm sorry...," Junhyung murmurs and he my hair gently. I let him to move closer to me slowly.
 
He pulls me into a hug and buries his face in my hair, "I don't know what that guy said to you... but, believe me, you're not just a stranger for me."
 
"You're my everything."
 
With that simple words of him, my tears roll down. I start to cry, clutching his shirt and sob; Eric's words which have pierced my heart echoes again in my mind.
 
"Everyone loves you not for yourself."
 
I don't know what I'm feeling for Junhyung right now.
 
All I know is I find the comfort I've been longing for in his hug.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
I know the story line lately is kind of odd and I do appreciate any comments I receive for this story.
All of you, my readers, are the reason why I keep writing this story.
Your comment is a gift that makes me to smile everytime I read it. :)

So please do tell me if I need to do any revision or changes for this story! ^^
 
A little note for the relationship between Rima and Eric, the relation can be read from previous chapters where it's said that the man who made Rima's mother to leave is a composer.
 
There is also a chapter which mentioned that Eric's mother has deceased because of an accident. I hope it's not too strange. :D
 
Life lesson?
Don't judge the book from the cover. Yoorin may look like the rival but actually she cares a lot about Rima in her own way.
 
I will try my best to return the sweetness of the story little by little.
I'm never good in writing sweetness but I will do my best.
 
Junhyung or Gikwang?
I wonder~ :3
 
Thank you for reading, subscribing, and commenting this story! ^^