25 | The Coincidence

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
I blink, still wondering whether it's just a hallucination or a reality.
 
She nods slightly to me, giving me a sweet smile as she takes a seat next to me. She turns to look at her friend, telling them that her seat is right there. She wears the seat belt and then positions herself comfortably.
 
Her long and straight hair combines perfectly with her beautiful eyes smile. She looks really pretty and for a moment I think that she is an alive doll.
 
So this is Goo Hara, Junhyung ex-girlfriend.
 
I saw her pictures when I read the news about her break up with Junhyung. It's easy for me to remember her face since she has a really captivating smile, even though I'm a girl.
 
This is the girl who Junhyung loves, not me.
 
"Is there anything on my face?" Hara suddenly asks me, still having a smile on her face. I just realized that I have been staring at her for a while.
 
"Ah," she covers and I guess she thinks that I don't understand what she is talking about; it's kind of making sense since we're taking a flight from Seattle.
 
"I'm from Seoul," I quickly answer her with Korean and a wider smile forms on her face. I smile awkwardly to her, "It's just... I think..."
 
I hesitate for seconds, thinking whether what I should say to her. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know me; of course she doesn't know me. Who am I anyway?
 
"I'm sorry but are you Hara from KARA?" I finally ask her the question and her smile vanishes, giving me a guilty feeling after asking the question.
 
"Ah, yes, I am," she answers and gives me a polite bow, shoving away my guilt. Her lips form into a perfect curve. "I'm really happy to know that you know me. I'm really thankful."
 
She is a really kind hearted and humble girl. I can understand why her relationship with Junhyung stayed strong for almost two years... until they broke up of course.
 
Silence fills the air and I just give her another awkward smile before pretending to be busy with looking through the window. I managed to stay still until the plane takes off, flying on the sky.
 
"Did KARA perform at Seattle?" I decided to start a small conversation with her since I want to ask her another question but I guess I must perform the intermezzo part first.
 
"We had holiday for five days at Seattle," Hara gladly answers me, giving me a warm look. "Now we're on our way to Tokyo because we're going to perform tomorrow night."
 
"Ah...," I react, trying to think about another question. I'm not a really big fan of KARA so it's kind of difficult to act that I know about her group when the fact is I know nothing about KARA.
 
"Do you live at Seattle?" she asks me a question in return. "Are you going to Tokyo for a holiday?"
 
"I had an errand to run at Seattle for weeks. I will meet someone at Tokyo," I tell her simply. "It's really a coincidence to meet an idol like you here..."
 
She smiles and mutters, "It's my pleasure to meet someone who knows about me. Thank you for greeting me so I have a friend to talk during this flight."
 
Another awkward silence between us appears and I can't hold my curiosity anymore.
 
"I'm sorry if it's a sensitive question but...," I my bottom lip and scratch the back of my neck, "... why did you break up with Junhyung from BEAST?"
 
I can see the shock on Hara's face due to my question so I quickly add, "I just... kind of the supporter of your relationship with Junhyung so I was really surprised when I read the break up news."
 
Her gaze softens and she looks really awkward when she mumbles, "I... Actually it's Junhyung who broke up with me."
 
My eyes widen after listening to her answer. I thought it's Hara who decided about the break up. Junhyung's expression always changed whenever I mentioned Hara's name and that made me thought that Junhyung was the one who has his heart broken.
 
"It's the past so I think it's vain to talk about it now," Hara smiles kindly to me, "but thank you for supporting us. I hope you will also support KARA and BEAST till the future."
 
I may be not the most sensitive girl but, from Hara's eyes, I think it's pretty obvious.
 
She still has a feeling for Junhyung.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Good to see you," I open the door wider to let her step inside. "How's your flight?"
 
"Good," Sora answers shortly with her usual monotone. She turns to me right after I close the door. "Just dropped my luggage in my own room. Where is Yoseob?"
 
"Bathroom," I answer and sit on the bed. I look at her as she shifts her eyes to the television which is still covering about KARA's performance tomorrow night.
 
"You're going to return to Seoul in two days, right?" Sora suddenly asks me a surprising question. "Do you have a plan to watch KARA?"
 
I fake a laughter and rub the back of my neck, "What are you talking about? Of course I'm not going to watch it. I didn't even know about it until I watched the news."
 
"It's alright, you know...," Sora tells me softly, "...if you still love her."
 
My heart aches when I hear her words. I quickly stand up and grab my jacket, heading to the door. I open it, giving my back to her, "I'll leave you with Yoseob then. I'll be right back in one or two hours."
 
Without waiting for her reply, I storm out from the room, wearing my favorite shades and jacket while I take the elevator to the hotel lobby. I clench my fists, walking out from the hotel building quietly.
 
It's not because Sora's words just now, about her thinking that I still in love with Hara. I must admit that I still feel hurt whenever I see her face even just on the screen but, really, it's not the reason why I decided to run away from the conversation.
 
It's because her words remind me of Rima.
 
"I'm just the perfect stranger who appeared at the right time in your life. It's impossible for you to forget the one you love for two years in just months, isn't it?"
 
I stop my steps and grit my teeth, murmuring to myself, "Is it wrong for me to love you, Rima?"
 
I heave a sigh and gaze at the evening sky. It's almost 5 PM and the sun is setting down. So it's true that the sun sets earlier here. I walk without even bothering where my feet lead me, wandering around alone.
 
For a while I think this is the most perfect situation where I can reflect on myself. I know I've been a mess ever since Rima left and the others are really worried about me, especially Gikwang.
 
"Kyaa!"
 
I accidentally bump into a girl who is drinking a glass of juice. Her juice falls on the ground and I immediately stop and blurt out my apology in Korean, "Ah! Mianhae!"
 
I cover my mouth quickly, reminding myself that I'm at Tokyo. I bow to her and mumble my apology politely in Japanese, "Gomenasai."
 
She doesn't snap at me or even yell at me. I somehow expect she will do it instead of giving me her surprising reaction.
 
"Yong Junhyung?!" the girl mentions my name out loud, causing people around us to turn and look at us. "Yong Junhyung! BEAST!"
 
Aish. She knows about me.
 
She squeals and calls over her friends who are in queue to buy takoyaki. I step backwards carefully when she starts talking with excitement to them, pointing her finger to me.
 
"Yong Junhyung!" the girl shouts, earning more attention. Some girls rush to me with excited expression, squealing happily and I know that it's not a really good sign.
 
Crowd keeps gathering and I know I can't handle all of them in once.
 
My instinct works faster than my brain. I turn around and run as fast as possible, ignoring their disappointed screams, "Kyaa! Yong Junhyung! Junhyung!"
 
I run for minutes non stop, trying to find a place to hide. I stop for seconds just to find dozens girls are chasing after me. My jaw drops in disbelief before I run again, increasing my speed so I can lose them.
 
Not that I hate fan service. It's just not the right time. I will be scolded for sure if I make a chaos because of my appearance at public street alone.
 
I stop when I have reached a public park. I sigh in relief when I find a public toilet; maybe I can hide inside there.
 
"Aish!" I groan when I read the sign that the toilet can't be used. It's locked and I can't open it even for the slightest. I don't think breaking a public facility is a good idea.
 
Before I can even think of another way out, knowing that the girls are going to find me soon, someone pulls me out from the place.
 
I thought it's one of the fangirls and she would shout, calling the other fans, telling them that she has found me...
 
...but she doesn't.
 
She pulls me quickly, holding on my hand firmly. She leads me far from the park until we find another public toilet. She doesn't step inside but she walks to the other side and I can see another door, leading to a small utility room where there is a mop, broom, bucket, and many more.
 
"Come inside! Quick!" she hisses and I obey her so she can close the door. She locks the door before finally heaving a sigh in relief, "Let's hope that they will not find us."
 
I blink, trying to get my senses back. Am I just imagining things right now? Is it just a mere coincidence?
 
The small window at a corner of the utility room gives us light inside. The bubble lamp is flickering so I can barely see her face, not to mention that she is wearing a black cap, hiding her long hair...
 
...but I know this voice.
 
It's her.