35 | The Regret

My Perfect Stranger

✗ Lee Gikwang ✗

When Rima walks pass after me the moment I offer her for lunch, my heart feels uneasy. I see her talking to Doojoon and then walks out from the filming site.

"Gikwang," Sora calls my name and I look at her. She gives me a sympathic look, "I don't want both you and Junhyung to be hurt because of love."

I know perfectly what she is trying to say; if this keeps going on, someone will be hurt in the end. Someone must has his or her heart to be broken by another.

"Love doesn't hurt," I smile weakly to her. "It's us who hurt ourselves."

I excuse myself and approach Doojoon to ask what he was talking with Rima just now. Doojoon gives me a questioning look, "You know, I'm not that insensitive, Gikwang."

I blink, waiting for him to continue his words. He sighs heavily, "I don't know what is happening between you, Junhyung, and Rima but I really hope it will not distract our work."

Before I can say anything to him, Doojoon tries to make a clear statement about his thought, "I don't hate Rima. I agree that we owe her for her talent but I'm trying to be professional here. I hope both you and Junhyung think the same."

I hold my breath and nod slightly to him, "Don't worry. Nothing will happen. No bad things will happen for sure."

Doojoon examines my expression and finally tells me that Junhyung is in the dance practice room until his turn. Rima asked where Junhyung is so I assume she is with Junhyung now.

I walk out from the site and try to find both of them. I find a dance room with opened door so I open it without hesitation, checking the room, "Junhyung, are you insi-"

The regret strikes me in instance when I see Junhyung just broke the kiss between him and Rima. Rima's head is laid down on Junhyung's laps while he is hugging her waist with one of his arms.

I clench my fists while no word slips out from my mouth. I really want to say something but I don't know what I should say in this situation so I decide to fake an awkward laughter, "Looks like I just interrupted you two. I-I'm leaving then..."

Without waiting for their respond, I turn around and leave the room, slamming the door impatiently. My brain freezes and I don't want to think of anything.

It's a good thing that I have finished my filming because I don't want to return to join the others right now. I walk out from the CUBE Entertainment building with bleeding heart.

I thought their relationship was only an act. I thought there was nothing special between them. I thought...

I thought I had a chance.

"Gikwang!"   Rima's voice echoes but I don't want to turn around. I don't want to see her face; at least not now. I keep walking away from her, fastening my pace.

"Huah!" I immediately stops when I hear her high-pitched yell. I turn around to see Rima is sitting in the middle of the street; she just tripped over because she was running to catch up with me.

I don't even have a chance to think whether I need to help her or not because a car is heading to her in fast speed. I rush to her and push her aside, hugging her until both of us roll to the side of the road.

The car drives away; it doesn't even stop to check for her condition... as if the driver wants to hit Rima in purpose.

"Are you alright?" I shove away the thought and check her condition. I check whether she is bleeding or not and I quickly heave a relief sigh when I realize that she is alright.

"Gikwang...," she murmurs my name and our eyes meet for a split second. I can see the pain in her eyes but, unfortunately, I'm not ready to talk with her... yet.

I put her right arm around my neck and carry her with bridal style. I tighten my grip on her shoulder as I tell her softly, "We need to check if you're wounded. Hang on for a second."

My eyes wander around until I find the nearest bench. I walk to the bench and help Rima to sit on the bench carefully before I sit next to her, pulling my hand away from her.

There are seconds of awkward silence between us before I finally take a deep breath and clear my throat, "Is there anywhere hurt? Do you need to go the hospital?"

Rima shakes her head slowly, dropping her gaze to the ground. She doesn't look at me, intertwining her fingers together. Why do I feel hurt just by looking at her like this?

As if my body can't follow my brain, I reach out my hand and pulls the red ribbon she is wearing to tie her long hair, letting her hair to fall down. She looks up and turns to face me with surprised look.

"I'm sorry...," I force a smile, tucking her loose hair behind her ear. "I was supposed to knock first, wasn't I?"

"I...," Rima pauses and bites her bottom lip, looking away from me. "I'm not... I..."

Maybe I have lost from Junhyung. Maybe Rima has fallen for Junhyung.

Maybe... this is the sign for me to stop loving her.


✗ Kim Rima ✗

My heart was going to jump out if it's possible when I saw Gikwang. Having Junhyung kissed me so gentle was actually enough to make my heart explode; it's the first time Junhyung kissed me so lovingly that I was afraid he was going to break my defence.

Now that Gikwang is sitting right next to me, I am speechless; what should I say to him after he witnessed the kiss I shared with Junhyung?

When Gikwang carried me in his arms, my heart beat like crazy. When he asked if I was alright or not, I mentally slapped myself.

All of a sudden he pulls off my ribbon. I finally dare myself to look at him just to see the sad smile on his face as he tucks my hair, "I'm sorry... I was supposed to knock first, wasn't I?"

"I...," I stop since I don't find any alibi to give to him. Am I going to defend myself? Am I going to tell him that I actually love him? "I'm not... I..."

"It's alright," Gikwang pats my head and it just makes me feel worse; why does he treat me so nice? Is it because he doesn't have any special feeling for me so it's alright for him after saw me with Junhyung together?

"You look good with Junhyung."

His words crush me really hard. I feel like someone just stabs me with an imaginary knife as I can feel my eyes start to well up; I"m going to cry.

"I see...," I quickly look away because a tear has escaped my eyes. I blink for numerous times but it just makes tears to stream down my cheeks.

So is this how it feels when someone rejects your feeling?

I stand up and look up to the sky, preventing the tears to roll down. I can feel that Gikwang also stands up, approaching me until he can see my face, "Rima?"

He look surprised when he sees my tears. I try to avoid his gaze but he cups my face, wiping my tears gently, "What's wrong, Rima?"

How can he ask me about what's wrong?

"Rima...," Gikwang takes a step closer to me, lifting my face until our eyes meet directly. He leans closer to me, "Please, don't cry..."

I am captivated by his gaze so I don't move even though he is slowly closing the gap between us. My heart beats really fast and I can feel his breath on my face already.

When our lips almost brush, a familiar voice interrupts, gasping with surprise, "Gikwang!"

We pull away and turn to see the person who is looking at us with disbelief look. She covers with both of her hands. Her wide eyes stare at us and I know she is shocked because of what she just saw.

"Hara...," Gikwang murmurs her name, blinking with confusion. I think he must be confused why she is here, around CUBE Entertainment building because he asks her, "Why... What are you doing here, Hara?"

Hara chooses to ignore him and takes steps closer to me. I just have a few seconds to notice the anger in her eyes before she slaps my face.

My eyes widen in surprise because of hot sting of her hard slap against my cheek. I put my hand on my throbbing face, looking at her.

"I can't believe you...," Hara sobs, glaring at me with tears on her beautiful face. "I thought it's only a prank call when someone said that you're cheating behind Junhyung... How could you..."

A prank call?

"And you!" Hara turns to Gikwang with rage. "Junhyung thinks of you like his own brother, Gikwang! You two are unbelievable! I... I..."

"Hara, we-" Gikwang is going to explain the truth but I quickly cut his words because a plan just passes in my mind.

"Gikwang has nothing to do with me," I try to put an expresionless face. "It's me who is trying to be close with him behind Junhyung. He warned me but, well, I guess... I can't have enough with one."

Even saying fake words make me suffer inside... but maybe this is the best way for me.

For us.


I force myself to smirk and look at Gikwang, "I'm sorry. Maybe I should have listened to you. I'll talk to Junhyung after this."

"You're not serious with him?" Hara looks disgusted with me. Her lovely smile is nowhere and she looks hurt. "You're just playing with his feeling, aren't you?"

I must ensure myself to carry on this act further before I scoff with a cocky fake smile, "Guess someone is jealous here."

"Rima, what are you-" Gikwang tries to stop me by grabbing my wrist but I toss his hand away coldly.

"You said I must return to Junhyung, didn't you?" I say as I prevent my tears from betraying me. "Maybe you're right. Maybe I can stay just a little bit longer until he realize that he will be hurt by me."

I notice Hara has raised her hand once again but Gikwang stops her immediately, "Stop it, Hara!"

Knowing that this is the perfect chance for me to slip away, I walk pass Hara, heading back to the CUBE Entertainment building.

This is the only way I can get back my position back as a stranger in their world.

From Hara's expression, I know she still loves Junhyung. This way she will try to talk with Junhyung and maybe they will be together again, hating me if it's possible.

After that I just need to step out from their world.

There is nothing I need to hold on any longer. Gikwang even thinks that I'm better with Junhyung; he doesn't even bother what I'm actually feeling for him, does he?

I must remember that I'm only a perfect stranger for them.

Maybe falling in love is the biggest regret in my life.