44 | The Rescue

My Perfect Stranger
✗ Kim Rima ✗
 
"What?" I can't believe my hearing. Did Eric just say that he is actually my stepbrother? My mother is married to his father? For real?!
 
"Remember the man who worked as a composer, the one who met your mother years ago before finally your mother left you and your father three years ago?" Eric lifts my chin with his finger. "That's my father."
 
I can't believe the world is a really small place. Of all people. why would he be my stepbrother? Why would he be my fiancee anyway?
 
"It's a good thing that I never published about my family. None of you noticed about my family background, didn't you?" Eric leans closer to me yet I try to avoid closing the distance between us. "I don't hate you, Rima. I just hate your mother."
 
"Yah!" I try to push him away with a kick but he avoids it smoothly. "Stop being such an immature kid, Eric! Your mother is not going to be proud of you."
 
He gives me a deadly glare, "Don't you dare to bring my mother in our conversation."
 
"You started it first," I answer him coldly. "Look, if my apology makes you feel better, just ask for it."
 
"Kim Rima, the Princess of Kim family, the most arrogant girl I ever knew," Eric laughs with sarcasm tone. "Who loves her? No one."
 
His words stab me real deep.
 
"Everyone loves you for your wealth. Everyone loves you for your status. Everyone loves you not for yourself," a sly smile appears on his face. "You like to cause a scandal, don't you?"
 
He steps closer to me and trails his fingers to my coat, "Why don't we make one then? I'm pretty sure public will like it. After Yong Junhyung, you have one with Lee Gikwang, and now me."
 
Having a bad feeling about what he is going to do, I try to kick him away but it's too late; he crashes his lips on me roughly.
 
With my tied hands, I can barely do a thing. At the time, Eric starts to take off my coat and roam his hands anywhere while I try to struggle from his grip.
 
He was going to undress me when someone... or perhaps two persons step inside with loud voices.
 
"Rima!"
 
I know that voice.
 
 
✗ Yong Junhyung ✗
 
"Are you sure they are here?" I turn to look at Hara. I loosen my grip on her before returning my gaze to the notification sign in front of the attraction.
 
It said that the attraction of Mirror Maze is closed due to a maintenance.
 
Hara gives me a simple nod, "Maybe he booked this attraction or else... I don't know. I didn't follow them inside."
 
I look around to find the back door. Hara follows me in silence until we find the back door.
 
My intuition keeps telling me that it's Eric, the one who met her. Rima sure doesn't have many male companions and if I narrow down the possibilities, I'm pretty sure it's Eric.
 
I open the door carefully and sneak inside. I give a sign to Hara so she can follow me. I take a few turns, ignoring the mirror around, until I find two figures.
 
Rima's hands are tied and Eric is kissing her. When I see the scene, I forget about all the sneaking plan, "Rima!"
 
Eric breaks the kiss and stares at me with cold eyes. Before I can even reach their stands, Eric has pulled out a gun from nowhere, "Stay still, Yong Junhyung."
 
I freeze on my stand and I glance at Hara. She gasps in surprise, taking a step backward. I hold my breath and I lock my eyes with Rima's.
 
"Yah, Eric Hazelwine!" Rima calls his full name. "Stop being such a jerk!"
 
"Who's being jerk here?" Eric answers calmly, not looking away from me. "The one who kissed you when he still has a feeling for his ex?"
 
This guy sure knows how to attack people psychologically.
 
"Eric, we can talk," I try to ignore his statement. "Let go of Rima, okay?"
 
"I'm not the only bad guy here," Eric doesn't lower his gun even for the slightest. "All of you love drama in your life, don't you?"
 
"A Princess who thinks people love her truly. An idol who tries to forget his ex with loving a stranger. An ex who still cares about the idol but doesn't say it," Eric continues with a sigh. "What are you doing actually? Playing a TV drama?"
 
"Stop judging people from your own perspective," Rima scoffs impatiently. "You are playing your own drama, Eric. Just-"
 
Rima stops immediately when Eric changes the target of his gun to her, "You never know when to control your arrogance, don't you?"
 
This is my chance to rescue her.
 
 
✗ Lee Gikwang ✗
 
I stop running and try to catch my breath. Where is Rima? Where are they?
 
"Maybe Eric booked a place. A place where he can be alone with Rima," Yoorin mumbles as she stops right next to me. "We need to find a place which is closed."
 
"But where?" I mess my own hair. Lotte World is a really big theme park and I have no idea where to find her.
 
Yoorin has told me everything about Eric. The reason why he wanted to be Rima's fiancee. The reason why he took the pictures of Rima to cause a scandal.
 
Eric's father is married to Rima's mother. They are siblings which are not related by blood; Eric's father is the one who cause Rima's mother to leave her father.
 
Talking about irony, Eric's father is the one who made Rima realized her love towards music.
 
Yoorin found out about it when she found a family picture of Eric and his parents. At first Eric agreed to the engagement and when he knew that Yoorin was just Rima's impostor, he asked her help.
 
Perhaps he thought that Yoorin was her rival, someone who would help her to mess Rima's life. Who knew that Yoorin actually doesn't care about messing someone else's life; she just wants to live in peace with her family.
 
Yoorin never said a thing because she thought Eric just wanted to scare Rima. When she knew that Eric was holding a really deep grudge, a reason for him to mess her life, Yoorin didn't think she could stay still.
 
However looks like Yujin didn't have a faith in her, that's why Yujin lied to her. Now we're in trouble of looking after Rima.
 
Rima, please, be safe.
 
"Ah! I want Mirror Maze!" I hear a girl complaints. She clings to her boyfriend, "They said it's beautiful!"
 
"But it's closed," the boy smiles to her. "They need to do a maintenance. Let's play something else."
 
Mirror Maze?
 
Without even looking back at Yoorin, I dash to find the Mirror Maze. There is a sign that the attraction is currently under maintenance.
 
"Yah! Yah!" Yoorin calls over me but I don't respond. I walk around until I find the back door.
 
I enter the attraction without any hesitation. I only want to make sure that Rima is alright; that's all I need.
 
"You never know when to control your arrogance, don't you?"
 
It's Eric's voice.
 
The next second I know, I hear a loud noise and the sound of broken mirror.
 
Someone just fired a gun.