Run Away

Behind Her Lies

It was a pretty sunny morning when thousands of people gathered in one place for a important or rather soon to be unimportant event to Maya Rai. She was no ordinary girl you would see in high heels and dressed all y like the American girls in those high school movies. True, she was a beauty but she was a beauty at intelligence. Titled as the school’s 2010 graduating salutatorian  and having the fame of being one of America’s future best doctor, was she satisfied? Who knows?

Maya sat with her friends and waited until she was called up to do her speech. Friends whispered to each other and shared a laugh at last jokes before the ceremony ends.

“Maya, are you nervous?” One of her best friend hissed to her.

“Nervous enough to run away from this.” She joked but something in her guts was feeling exactly what she just said.

“And our salutatorian. Maya Rai!” The principal announced and everyone applaud as Maya rise then walked towards the stage.

She whispered under her breaths and smiled as she came closer to the huge long stage. She shook the principal’s hand then was led to the microphone. She opened but nothing came until she took a deep breath and there came her ten minute speech.

“…I followed my heart and have spread a smile on those I love so I encourage for those who are younger than me to step up and seek what is right for them.” She closed her speech and the audience roared with comments and claps once again.

She took a slight bow then the principal came to her with her high school diploma. She gripped his hand firmly and they took a picture together before she went back down. She felt great hesitation in her as she went back to her seat then it suddenly hit her. She saw the wide smiles on her parents’ faces and even on her aunties’ and uncles’. She saw children slapping each other which got her to think about what she said: I followed my heart…?

It was such a sudden struck that she went dashing down the middle with her heels and forgot where she was. Heads followed her and her parents stood up as she looked like a dummy running away. She sprinted across the school’s football field and made it right in time for the bus that would take her to the airport. It was obvious that eyes were staring at her and at what she was wearing but she has finally came to realize what she really wanted: Korea. Yes, it was Korea that she have been longing for. She actually didn’t want to be a doctor but something else. She’s not sure what it would be but for sure Korea has it waiting for her, somehow.

So unprepared and unpacked, Maya dashed to the front desk and met eyes with the lady.

“C-Can I buy a seat going to Seoul, South Korea?” She quickly asked like someone was going to stop her any second.

The lady gave Maya a look then took her eyes off her and looked at the monitor. After a few types and clicks, she came back to Maya with a response.

“Sorry, miss but we don‘t have any seats left.”

“Aw Snap. Ugh.” She frustratingly grunt and sighed.

“I‘m sorry but can you please look again?” She begged.

“Sorry but I have checked all available flights and there‘s no seats.” She said and Maya bit her lower lips.

She was totally doomed now. She ran away from her graduation like a freakin idiot and now she’s here in the airport not able to go to her dream land.

“Please, just please check it again.” She pleaded and the lady gave up with a sigh.

She did the same thing as before then came back with a more relieved face.

“Well seems like you got a seat.” She lazily informed.

“Huh?” Maya uttered out but her credit card was where her grip was.

“A ticket for one?” The lady asked and Maya let out a relief laugh.

“Yes, for one.” She quickly said then handed the gold credit card to the lady.

She took a look at it then back to Maya.

“Credit or Debit?”

Maya hesitated but confidently replied…

“Credit.”

The lady did some more typing and scanning then she came back to Maya with some papers.

“Please sign here.”

It was easy. A few sketching and Maya was good to go. She was informed when her flight was going to leave and other important stuff then she marched off to her future.

‘Daddy, you’re so going to kill me but thanks mommy for the credit card.’ She thought as she saw her tickets in her hands.

-----

YAH! YOU EN LYING ! GET BACK HERE!” One men yelled from far away.

She ran and ran. She was losing it. Her breath. She stopped and trying catching her breaths but she knew well never to stop. Her destiny in life was never to stop for anything but to run for her life. It started once she got herself into this. The world of drugs. She has done them over and over again. She tried quitting but they were like delicious treats waiting to be taste or consume in her body. She desired for them and they were now like her lifesavers.

YOU‘RE EN DEAD, SAE YOUNG!” Another man growled as loud as he could.

Once Sae Young came upon a dead end with the fence blocking her way, she didn’t hesitate to run towards the fence. She grabbed on to it like a monkey then climbed over. The two men caught up and struggled to get over but Sae Young was already far away. She took a glance back then hid in a café until it was safe for her to go back out.

Sae Young hated her life. The life of running away from everything she have and don‘t have in her imperfect life. She was a dropout at the age of 13 and was now living off drugs. She sold them and did them. Either ways, it satisfied her somehow. She had no one to turn to nor did she have a lovely place to call home. She was left supporting her younger sister who was struggling with ADD. Each day was a tussle for her but she never gave up since she wanted to make sure her dongsaeng has someone to rely on before her own death comes upon her.

She sat in the café’s single restroom and cried. She had so much regrets but at the same time, she had so much hatred in her. Everything mixed around and it was killing her more than the drugs. She took out a pack of but couldn’t bear to do it. She kept thinking about her dongsaeng and it brought more tears to her. She had cried in front of her dongsaeng before but the poor little girl didn’t know anything, only pat her unni’s head and shushed her to sleep. Sae Young needed another life, a better one at the least and if she can’t get it at least her dongsaeng gets one that is worth for her. As for Sae Young, she knew her life won’t last long enough to find her a savior.

A sharp pain erupt in her chest and she started to cough. She covered and the cough grew worse. She couldn’t control how loud the coughs were or at least breath. Once her hand departed from her opened mouth, as usual, she saw blood. The blood was nothing new but she rushed to wash it off. Blood was something she hated the most in life even though she has seen it more than once. It gave her memories, dark memories that will haunt her forever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What happened to my readers?? -_^?? Anyways I won't update often since I get lasy often too. aha. I'll make sure I update each week tho.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Teasers:

She looked at the picture of him as carefully as she could. She has practiced for so many years and this picture looked almost exactly like him but she wished he could be with her.

~~~~

S-Sangrae! I found him!” A voice exclaimed on the other line and Sangrae shot her head up.

~~~~

The music notes flow so freely that it felt like they were angel’s wings rising her up in the midair. Possibly rising to Heaven.

~~~~

Maybe he didn’t stop because he knew she was going to follow him anyway. It has always been like this since… well, since junior high.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Start thinking, who is the liar? -_^??

THANK YOU FOR READING,COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!

UPDATED: DEC.04.2010