Chapter 6 : Private Lawn

Special A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Private Lawn

 

Sleeping is Hyomin’s paradise.

She is not a lazy type. It’s just she likes to sleep, a lot. Sleeping is her favorite lover, especially on weekends, where there is no school and part time job that’s waiting for her. Sometimes she can sleep almost half a day, then eat, then sleep again, then eat again, then sleep for the rest of the day.

She didn’t care about the time. For her, she wants to feel every resting she could have before going back to her daily routine of being a student and waitress of Honey Sweet café.

But tonight she wasn’t able to sleep. She could even barely close her eyes. The image of certain raven-haired girl kept bothering her mind.

“How is she doing?”

“Is she fine?”

“Is her fever coming back?”

Those questions kept popping up every time she wanted to close her eyes, and it made her frustrated. She wanted to call her, asking about her condition, but she remembered she didn’t have her number.

Suddenly Hyomin remembered Jiyeon’s habit that always came out of nowhere and gave her the most beautiful smile she had ever seen. The way the girl made her cheeks flushed whenever she ruffled her hair. Those beautiful dark eyes which never failed to mesmerize her, and how the girl sacrificed her life to save her. The smile worked its way to her face as she recalled back the accident.

“Argh Park Jiyeon what have you done to me?!” she shouted, feeling frustrated.

“Hyomin ah, gwenchana?” Her mother’s voice asked from outside the room.

“Nde umma, gwenchana” she replied, cheeks blushing madly.

“Are you sure?”

“Nde”

----

Beep beep

Hyomin groggily rubbed her eyes off to shake off the remains of her drowsiness. She looked around her room to find that everything was pitch black. She clumsily reached for the lamp’s button to illuminate the dark confines of the room. After she turned it on, the brunette covered her eyes to avoid being blinded by the sudden light.

By the time her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she got up, yawned, and stretched her arms high in the air to become fully awake. She looked at the alarm clock on the bedside table.

“06.30. Thank God I’m not waking up late” she muttered.

She was thinking about Jiyeon the whole night that she could barely drift to her slumber after so much tossing and turning on the bed. She was afraid that she would wake up late in the morning. If it really happened, it was Jiyeon to blame.

She got up from her bed, went to the bathroom, and did her morning routine before going to school.

After done doing her morning routine, Hyomin went to the dining room to have breakfast with her mother. Since her father passed away, her mother was the only family she had.

She opened and closed her bedroom door with a click as she exited her room. Each step made the cheap wooden stairs creak and croak as she made her way to her mother who was happily talking to someone in their dining room.

Upon reaching her mother’s side her heart pounded as she noticed a familiar voice, and when her eyes scanned upwards to reach the platinum blonde’s face, she stiffened.

“Hahm Eunjung!” She yelled in surprise.

“Hi Hyomin, good morning!” Eunjung greeted her, grinning from ear to ear.

Hyomin’s brows drew closer together as she frowned. The nerve of that girl! Just turning up without ever asking, into her home!

She took a seat beside her and sent the girl her deadly glare “What are you doing in my house?!” She scowled, annoyed with the other girl’s presence in her house.

“To pick you up. What else?” Eunjung replied nonchalantly.

“You never tell me that you have such lovely friend like Eunjung, Hyomin ah” Her mother’s voice stopped her to scowl more.

“I don’t find it is necessary umma” Hyomin mumbled with an inaudible voice while eyeing the other girl annoyingly.

“Nde?”

Hyomin shook her head. “Aniyo”

Her mother just shrugged it off. She continued to talk with Eunjung. The duo happily talked and joked during their breakfast time that made Hyomin feel so left out.

----

“I heard from your mother that you dream to be a doctor” Eunjung asked Hyomin on their way heading to school. At first the brunette refused going to school with her, but her mother scolded her, telling her it was so impolite to decline Eunjung’s offer as the girl kindly came early in the morning just to pick her up. It left Hyomin with no choice. She finally agreed to go with her, albeit reluctantly.

There was no response coming from the other girl’s mouth.

“And she also told me that you have buried that dream of yours, is it true?” The platinum blonde threw another question. She was trying to get close to the girl beside her.

Hyomin remained silent.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to ignore someone who is talking to you?”

“It’s none of your business. Stop asking me questions”

Eunjung smiled. She thought Soyeon was the only rude girl in the world, but guess she was wrong.

“Can I know what make you give up on your dream?” She ignored her words and asked Hyomin another question.

The brunette gave her a deadly glare “Don’t you understand my words?”

“I promise I will stop asking if you answer my question”

Hyomin took a deep breathe before answering Eunjung’s question. “Yes I have given up my dream of being a doctor” she said “And if you ask why, because I don’t have trust on doctors anymore”

Eunjung frowned “Why?”

“Because they killed my father” She replied

The latter was a taken aback by her answer.

“My father had been waiting for a heart donor to save his life. After waiting for months we finally got news that they had found one. My mother and I were so happy that time. We thought my father could be saved and continued his life” She took a pause. She stared aimlessly at the view outside the window, reminiscing the day she lost her father “But we were wrong. A day before the surgery, the doctor of that hospital told us that they made a mistake. There wasn’t a donor for my father” she continued her story

“I knew he was lying. I heard a rumor  saying they gave the heart that’s supposed to be for my father to the other patient. They decided to ignore my father and let him die” she ended her story with tears falling down her cheeks. It made her sad and angry whenever she remembered about the unfairness her father received before he passed away.

Eunjung stared at the girl sadly. She could feel the pain Hyomin was feeling. “May I know which hospital your father was admitted that time?”

Hyomin didn’t answer her,

“My father has a good relationship with some of hospital’s owners in this country. Maybe I can help you to find the truth”

The latter diverted her attention to look at the girl sitting beside her. “Hanshan hospital” she replied, “Does your father know the owner of that hospital?”

Eunjung turned quiet. Her eyes widened at the mention of the hospital name. It took her few seconds to regain back her composure.

She shook her head, “I’m sorry. I guess he doesn’t know”

Hyomin smirked. “I have answered all your questions. Now shut up and don’t disturb me anymore” she gave her attention back to the street view outside the window.

The ride to their school became quiet until they arrived near Queen High building.

“Just drop me here” Hyomin spoke.

Eunjung looked at her with a brow rise. “Wae? Our school is still a far away”

“I don’t want to be seen coming out from your car. Your fangirls will kill me if they found out I’m going to school with you”

The platinum blonde chuckled, “Did they give you troubles?”

Hyomin glared at her “Yes, thanks to you” she hissed.

“I’m sorry then” Eunjung said casually, didn’t feeling guilty at all. It made Hyomin piss off.

She opened the door, getting out from her car, and shut the door roughly, leaving Eunjung laugh at her action.

After Hyomin couldn’t be seen anymore, Eunjung reached her phone. She dialed a number and waited for someone to pick it up.

“Yeoboseyo” A voice greeted from the other line.

“Mr. Lee. It’s me, Eunjung”

“Oh Miss Eunjung. Is there something I can help you with?”

“Yes” Eunjung replied, “Can you find me information about a girl named Park Hyomin? I want to know her background, her family, and more important, the reason of her father’s death which related to Hanshan hospital” She gave her man the instruction. “Can you do it for me?”

“Of course Miss Eunjung. I’ll give you the information tomorrow”

“Good” Eunjung said before hanging up the phone. “Hanshan hospital… Park Jiyeon. Interesting” she mumbled. A sly smile was playing at the corner of her lips.

----

Hyomin walked alone in the hallway leading to her classroom. She halted her step as she walked pass by the lawn that had become her favorite place in school. Hyomin looked at her wrist watch, there was still  fifteen minutes left before the first subject began. She smiled and made her way to her favorite place.

She closed her eyes, taking a deep breathe and let the mornin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter