Chapter 3 : Lee Qri

Special A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Qri

 

“I want you to be my girlfriend, Hyomin sshi. And I don’t take ‘No’ for the answer”

Hyomin’s eyes flew open at the words that just came out from the platinum blonde’s mouth. Who wouldn’t be shock when all of sudden, one of the most popular students in the school asks you to be her girlfriend?

“Mwo? You are ki-kidding right?”

Eunjung shook her head “Aniyo. I’m serious”

“It’s nonsense!" she exclaimed "I-I mean.. You don’t even know me, and you ask me to be your girlfriend?” Hyomin was still utterly confused. Was the girl in front of her really being serious? Or she just wants to play with her? After all, Eunjung is the famous player in their school. She didn’t want to be one of her toys.

“Do I have to know you first to ask you out?” She inquired “It’s just a waste of time” she added, smiling  innocently.

A vein popped from Hyomin’s head hearing her answer. That’s it! The girl just thought of her as one of her toys. She wasn’t being serious.

“If you say so. Then, I’m afraid my answer will be no, Hahm Eunjung sshi”

The smile on Eunjung’s face faded away, turned into serious look “So, I got turned down?” her icy voice sent shiver down her spine

The brunette gulped down her saliva. She thought she got an edge over the girl by rejecting her confession but it seems like it wasn’t the case. From the face that was serious a moment ago had now turned into a sinister smile. The platinum blonde laughed under her breathes as she came closer and closer. Hyomin was scared but her mind was thinking of ways to fight back.

She put one hand under her chin and made the brunette looked at her. “You know..,” She whispered. Hyomin could feel her breath over “...It's the first time I got rejected by someone” She stated, looking straight into the brunette’s eyes.

Hyomin closed her eyes and took a deep breathe before gathering her courage to reply her, “Shall I be proud to be the first and probably the only one?” she scoffed in stern and confidence voice.

Eunjung was a bit taken aback by the letter’s brave retort. But a second later, she burst out into laughter.

Another vein popped on Hyomin’s left eyes. The girl in front of her wasn’t only a jerk but an annoying person as well “What are you laughing at?!” she scowled, pissed off by the girl’s annoying laugh.

“You are indeed the most interesting person I have ever met, Hyomin sshi” Eunjung said in between her laugh.

If the girl didn’t say it while laughing like a mad person, Hyomin probably got her heart fluttered by now. She gritted her teeth, trying to hold the urge to give a punch on Eunjung’s pretty face. Thanks to the sound of the ringing bell, the platinum blonde had her face saved from the punch Hyomin was planning to give her.

“Well if you excuse me, I have another class to attend” She pushed the girl off of her and walked away to her class.

Eunjung didn’t try to stop her. She just stared at the brunette’s retreating figure “No wonder she likes you” she mumbled. A sly smile was formed at the corner of her lips.

“What do you think you are doing?”

Her attention got interrupted by a familiar cold voice. She turned around to see Qri was standing not so far from her. The girl was giving her a hateful glare.

Eunjung let out a heavy sighed "Why do you care? Didn't you say I can do whatever I want?" she stared back at the girl, trying to act cold though it hard for her to do so. "…besides, I'm just trying to help you here. Isn't that girl is a threat to you? You want her to stay away from Jiyeon, right? I can do it for you. You just have to wait and-"

A hard slap landed on her beautiful face before Eunjung could finish her words.

"You were right. I don't care with whatever you do. But if you dare to hurt Jiyeon with that stupid plan of yours, I'll never forgive you for that" Qri said sternly.

Eunjung didn't do anything. She just stayed quite while clenching her fists. It wasn't the first time Qri slapped her. But this time, the pain was double.

-----

I saw that smile again. The beautiful and genuine smile I was longing to see. The smile that once fluttered my heart and it still does.

I can't remember how many times I have prayed to God to be the reason of that smile. But sometimes, no matter how many eyelashes or dandelion seeds I blow, no matter how much of my heart I tear out and slap on my sleeve, it just ain't gonna happen. I will never be the reason of that smile.

But I don't really know why I'm still hoping.

Qri smiled bitterly at the words she had written on her diary. It had been two years since she wrote everything that happen in her life on that book, but mostly it was about her unrequited love to her best friend - Park Jiyeon.

A knock on the door interrupted her mind.

"Princess, are you still awake?" Her mother’s voice asked from outside the room.

Qri closed her diary and put it in the drawer. "Nde umma" she answered her mother.

A crack sound could be heard as her mother opened the door. "It's time to take your medicine, princess" her mother said, walking inside the room with a glass of water and two bottles of medicines.

Qri sighed at the sight. She hates to take those useless pills. However, she got no choice. She didn't want to get scold by her mother and make her parents worry if she falls sick again.

Qri was born with a weak body which makes her easily fall sick. The poor girl was given much kind of vitamin and medicines since she’s a little kid, in order to keep her immune system in a good condition.

"What are you doing, Princess? You didn't come out from your room since going home" Her mother asked as Qri finished gulping down those bitter pills.

"Just reading some books" she lied.

"Jihyun ah, can umma ask you something?"

Qri looked at her mother before nodding her head.

"It's been a while Eunjung never come over to our home. How is she? Umma miss her"

Qri was silence for a while before giving her mother a short answer, "She is fine"

"Really? You're not having a fight with her right?"

A sigh escaped her lips "Umma, I'm sleepy. Can I sleep now?" She uttered, trying to avoid any conversation related to Eunjung.

Her mother frowned. She knew something must have been happening between her daughter and Eunjung. But it seems like Qri didn't want to talk about it. So she just let it go.

"Araseo. Umma will go now. Good night and sleep well princess" She gave her daughter a good night kiss before excusing herself.

"Good night umma"

----

Hahm Eunjung was sitting on the bartender table in one of the most well-known club in Seoul. The girl looked really drunk. The tears slowly falling down from her eyes as she remembered a slap Qri gave her this afternoon.

She took a bottle of alcohol from the table and drank it, hoping it could help her to erase the pain in her heart.  It was useless because that pain was still clinging in her heart, even the loud music of the club couldn’t drown out that feeling.

As she wanted to take another shot of her drink, a hand was snatching the bottle   from her, preventing her to do so.

“It’s enough for tonight, Eunjung. You already drunk” A voice said.

Eunjung turned her head and looked at the girl who was standing next to her while looking at her with a concern face

"Who are you? Give me back my drink!" She growled, trying to snatch back her bottle of alcohol but failed.

The girl sighed "You'll get expelled from school if they find out about this" she mumbled.

The drunken girl ignored her. She kept on trying to snatch away the bottle from the girl's hand.

The girl couldn't take it anymore. She grabbed Eunjung's hand and dragged her out of the club.

"Yah! Let me go!" Eunjung shouted, struggling to free her hand from the girl's tight grip.

----

Hyomin laid down on the soft lawn outside of the school. She was so damn tired from her part time job, classes, studying and worrying about money. Since her father passed away, Hyomin had to work hard to help her mother for their financial. It became harder now since taking part time job isn’t allowed in Queen High. She needed to make sure no one from her school recognize her or she will lose her scholarship or worst, get kicked out from school.

The air started to chill, even though it was still mid September, winter was arriving earlier. Some dead brown leaves started blowing around like miniature tornado. As she laid calmly and finally relaxed a bit, something hit her face.

Splat.

Hyomin felt so irritated. What the heck? People gotta stop littering! She snatched the piece of paper from her face and was about to rip it apart. However, when she read the advertisement, she froze.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter