Chapter 4 : Park Soyeon

Special A
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Soyeon

 

Beautiful, smart, and rich. She was a full package. Well, at least that what people think about her -Park Soyeon. Being the only heiress of Park Group Corporation, people think her life is perfection. She can get everything she desires. Life is easy for her. People envy her. Everyone wishes to be in her position.

As for Soyeon, her life is a living hell. Having a strict and selfish father who knows nothing but giving her pressure to always be the number one in everything she does. A step mother who care for money more than anything. What's so perfect about it?

Soyeon hates her life as much as she hates her family.

Silence filled in the dining room of Park Family's household. The family was having their dinner and nobody dared to talk. Soyeon was busy eating. She was used to the unpleasant atmosphere that always surrounded their everyday dinner.

The tense silence broke as Mr. Park opened a conversation "I heard you’re going to have an exam next month" He asked his only daughter.

"Yes father" the young lady replied without even bothered to spare a glance on him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you Park Soyeon" her father’s stern voice echoed in the room

Soyeon sighed. She put down her spoon and looked up at him "yes father" she repeated.

"Don't let Hyunseung's daughter be on top again. You have to be the first this time. I have enough to get disappointed by my own daughter" He said calmly with tone full of sarcasm

The young lady clenched the spoon in her grip. Her father's last sentence was really hurting her pride. She bit her bottom lips trying to calm herself before giving him a short answer "yes father"

As always, she would never say “No”

"And I have informed Mrs. Ahn that you're going to quit your piano course" he continued.

Soyeon's eyes widened at the news her father spat out. Playing piano is everything for her. It's the one keeping her sane for all the pressure her father always gives her. Being a great pianist is her biggest dream. And now she has to quit?

She wanted to shout at him, telling him she doesn't agree with his horrible and selfish decision but the word just would not come out. After all, she has no right to voice out her opinion. She can't disobey her father's decision. She had to agree with everything he said because his word is final.

"Your father did the right thing. Learning piano isn't giving you any good" the middle aged woman who was silence the whole time decided to join the conversation

Soyeon narrowed her eyes dangerously at her "I don't need your opinion" she hissed

"Watch your words Park Soyeon!" Mr. Park shouted banging the table

The young lady had her head down. She set her jaw as anger start building up on her. She tried her best to hold back the tears that had been threatened to fall. She refused to cry. At least not in front of two persons she hates the most in this world.

----

It was fifteen minutes before the first subject began. Hyomin was seen standing inside the locker room. An exasperated sigh escaped her lips looking at the scene in front of her. Maggots and rotten tomatoes were scattering around, filled in her locker.

“They did it again” she mumbled under her breathe. "Do they not know this is gross"

It had been a week since people started throwing prank on her. Every morning she would find her locker was full of many  disgusting stuffs. The whole prank started a following day after the incident in cafeteria a week ago – when Eunjung dragged her away in front of many people. It caused an uproar in the entire school. People began badmouthing and gossiping her. Some girls – mostly Eunjung’s fangirls – would be giving a hateful glare as she walked pass them. Hyomin would mentally curse the platinum blonde  whenever it happened. She hated the girl for giving her such trouble.

As she was busy picking up her book Hyomin heard a commotion that caught her attention. The brunette tried to figure out what was happening. There, she saw one of Special A’s members – whom she remembered as Park Soyeon – was making a fuss with another student.

“I’m sorry S-soyeon sshi. I didn’t do it in purpose” A petite girl wearing thick sunglasses said in panic. Lowering he head, she was too scared to even take a glance on the girl standing before her. The girl was on her way to the library as she accidently bumped into Soyeon. It caused the drink she was holding spill on Soyeon’s uniform.

The lass remained silent, staring at the girl in front of her from head to toe. She noticed the latter was wearing a red tie which means she was one of those scholarship students. A sinister smile curved up from the corner of her lips.

“A scholarship student and a nerd” She spoke up. Her calm yet intimidating voice was able to make the girl trembling. "What a nice view early in the morning" she added insulting the poor girl.

Putting a hand under the girl's chin, Soyeon lifted it up roughly, forcing the girl to look into her eyes “Sorry you say?" she hissed glaring down at the trembling girl.

Soyeon spared a glance on the drink she was holding. Snatching it,  she poured down the remaining juice on the girl's head.

The little commotion gained attention from students around the place. People who was watching the scene gasped. Some of them felt pity for the poor girl while some were heartlessly laughing at her.

Hyomin clamped her teeth looking at the scene. Sunny was right. That Park Soyeon girl was so rude and mean.

"Do you think your sorry can buy me a new uniform?" Soyeon continued. The poor girl started crying while keeping her head down.

"Someone as poor as you doesn't even worth to step your dirty feet in this school" another ruthless remark came out  .

Hyomin couldn't take it anymore. Being a brave girl she was, she decided to help the girl.

"Yah! Don't you think it's too much? She already said sorry yet you still humiliating her!" she bravely stood beside the poor girl and shot a fierce glare to Soyeon.

"Who are you?" The latter asked drifting her attention to the intruder. Another smirk was formed as she saw the girl wearing the same red tie "Another poor girl huh?" she scoffed.

The brunette clenched her fists. She had enough of the girl's rude remarks. "Yes we're poor! But it doesn't mean we don't have pride. You can't treat us like a trash!" she barked. Hyomin hates it when people look down on her just because she is poor.

Another gasped was heard from the crowd. They couldn't believe the audacity that Hyomin had to defy one of the most respected students in their school.

Meanwhile on her spot Soyeon frowned. It was the first time someone dare to talk back to her. She was a bit impressed by the gut she got.

The lass took a glance on the brunette's nametag "Park Hyo Min" she spelled her name. It sounds familiar. Soyeon remembered she had heard the name before.

She looked at the other girl once again. Staring at her for minute or two. Ignoring the still furious glare Hyomin gave her.

"Who is that girl?"

"What girl?"

"The one who's able to bring the smile on her face once again"

"The name is Hyomin. Park Hyomin"

"So you are the girl?" Soyeon stated as she recalled back the conversation with Qri long time ago

It was Hyomin's turn to frown "Eoh? What do you mean?"

The Special A student ignored her. "You're lucky Hyomin sshi. I'll let you go this time" She said smirking to the confused girl.

----

"Hyomin sshi please t-take this" a girl timidly gave Hyomin a lunch box full of cookies. It was the same petite girl she saved from Soyeon this morning.

Hyomin looked at her puzzled "What is this?"

"It's for helping me this morning. T-thank you" she sheepishly said while playing with the tip of her tie.

Hyomin found the girl was cute "So it is a present for me because I helped you?"

She nodded rapidly making the brunette laugh at her adorable action "Aigoo so cute"

The girl's face flushed at the compliment.

"Anyway what is your name?" Hyomin asked out of curiosity.

"B-boram. Jeon Boram"

"Boram sshi nice to meet you" she gave the girl a warm smile, making Boram's face flushed even more.

----

A sound of heavy footsteps could be heard as Soyeon walked her way up to the top of her school building. A mixture of anger and frustration was seen all over her face. She could not believe that Mrs. Ahn – the teacher whom she trusted the most – would betray her and take her father’s side.

"Let me continue my piano course. I promise you I can spare my time for those additional subjects my father requested" Soyeon said with the hope her teacher can help.

"I'm sorry Soyeon sshi. I'm afraid I can't help you this time. I can't take a risk of losing my job if your father find out about this" the teacher answered turning down her request.

"You know Mrs. Ahn. I've never begged to someone" Soyeon stated calmly, balling her hand into fists. The woman in front of her was her only hope. She can't lose her temper and shouted at her.

Mrs. Ahn shook her head. She stared at the girl with a tint of guilt "I'm sorry" she said much to Soyeon's frustration.

The latter said nothing. She stood up from her seat and muttered coldly, “I thought you were different from those useless teachers that afraid of my father. But you proved me wrong” turning around with a swish of her skirt, Soyeon walked to the door and left, the door slamming shut behind her.

It still irritated her when she remembered how Mrs. Ahn turned down her request. A part of her wanted to understand her reason. But another part of her refused to take such an excuse.

The doorknob hissed as her hand grazed the cold silver, her fingertips slowly spreading the heat on the metallic surface. The low creak of the door resonated throughout the small place as it is slowly opened, revealing a figure who was sitting alone while staring at the sky above her. Soyeon’s gaze fell on the girl. She sighed before making her way to approach her.

“What are you doing here? I thought the soft lawn of our school is your favorite place” She said taking a seat next to the girl.

“It is. But I feel like coming to this place. Can I?” she replied without taking her eyes off of the beautiful scenery

“You can’t. Just leave! I need a quite place for myself and your presence is disturbing me”

The girl smiled at her friend’s rude remark. She was used to her rudeness anyway. She eyed the latter form the corner of her eyes “What’s wrong? You seem very upset”

“I’m not upset. I’m pissed off” she took a pause, taking a weak sigh before sayin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter