Talk at the Rooftop

Weird Friendship? (Roots to Fruits before)

Tiffany’s POV

When we got to the rooftop she immediately sat on the bench, crossed her legs and looked down. Not knowing what to do, I stood there at her side.

“You can sit you know.” she said sternly.

Like a dog, I sat next to her, avoiding her gaze.

We stayed in our position for a minute or two, “I know I surprised you,” she finally broke the silence “I never planned that though. You forced me. And what happened between me and Baekhyun, that was over. My feelings for him was gone before I realized th-“

“That you love me?” I asked while looking into her eyes.

She kept silent and started fiddling with her uniform.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why?” she looked at me back when I asked.

“What do you mean ‘why?’ Why do I love you? Why you?  Why did I le-“

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I’m afraid!” she raised her voice. Is she angry?

“Because I’m afraid Tiffany! Because I know this isn’t right! That you might get mad at me, or ignore me, or leave me!”

“You know I’ll never leave you!” I answered back.

“Really?” she asked sarcastically. “Are you sure of that? Are you sure that you’re okay knowing that your best friend has feelings for you that she’s not suppose to feel for you? Huh Tiffany?” Taeyeon finally stood up from her seat.

I stayed there quiet, not knowing what to do or what to say.

Am I really ok with this? Can I let this pass by like nothing happened? Can I ignore her feelings and run my life the way it was?

“Say something.” She said softly.

“Taeyeon I-I”

“I know Tiffany. Even if I take that back, it will do nothing.” Taeyeon took her bag and started walking away from me.

“Wait!”

“Enough  Tiffany. I’ll try my best to kick those feelings away. And don’t worry, I’ll act like this never happened. I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”