For You

Weird Friendship? (Roots to Fruits before)

 

Tiffany’s POV

“I’m sorry! I’m so so sorry.” I ran towards the long table by the window with an apologetic look on my face.

 

“That’s ok, the others aren’t here yet Fany.” Taeyeon patted the table to let me sit across her.

 

Yuri was sitting by the window followed by her ever so smiling mother, Taeyeon sat next to her. Hyoyeon was sitting opposite Yuri while Yoona sat next to her then I scooted after her.

 

“Where are the others?”  Jessica in particular. I thought to myself.

 

“Sooyoung said that she can’t come. Sunny’s mother is in the town so it’s hard for to leave their house. Seohyun on the other hand is on her way.” Yuri’s mom answered while eating her part.

 

“What about Jessica you asked?” Taeyeon asked the question before I could open my mouth. How did she know that I was about to ask about Jessica?

 

“Well, I’ve been calling her but she won’t answer my calls.” Yuri’s mom answered again.

 

Everyone started to chat while I was silently eating my food staring at my silent phone.

 

Just then Seohyun came running in. “I’m sorry I’m late Mrs. Kwon. “, she bowed before taking a seat next to Taeyeon.

 

“Guys I need your help though.” She started with her head bowed low.

 

“What is it?” I asked in curiosity. She’s the youngest that’s why I always keep extra attention to her. I was called motherly for nothing.

 

“My mom doesn’t like the idea of sleeping in other people’s house.” She scooped her ice cream while all of us were waiting for her to finish. “Can you help me ask permission?” She looked up hopefully.

 

Before we could answer Sooyoung came bouncing happily. “What’s wrong here?” she asked raising her eyebrows.

 

“We thought you’re not coming.” Yuri asked seeing the presence of the tallest member.

 

“I didn’t believe her though.” Yoona answered.

“I second the motion!” I raised my right hand.

“She’s the prankster, remember?” Taeyeon laughed as everyone followed.

 

“Can we go back to the topic please?” Yuri suggested.

 

“What was the problem?” Sooyoung asked for the second time.

 

“I need help in convincing my mother to allow me come to the sleepover.” Seohyun innocently answered with eyes still hopeful.

 

“I can come meet your mom.” Sooyoung offered.

 

Sunny came running with her cute face and sat beside me. “I’m sorry Mrs. Kwon for being late AGAIN.” She emphasized the last word.

 

“I understand Soonkyu. Dig in.” Mrs. Kwon sweetly smiled while everyone started to chatter.

 

Me again was silent at my seat. I bet Taeyeon noticed it again when she tapped my hand that was placed across the table. I looked up and saw her oh so charming face. We were the so called couple in the group while Sunny is with my Jessica.

 

“Txt her.” She whispered, loud enough for me and Sunny to hear.

 

“Who Tot?” Sunny looked at me. That’s what we called each other, Tot or Totty. Cute isn’t it?

 

“Jessica?”

 

I nodded.

 

“Try txting her Fany-ah.” Taeyeon spoke again.

 

I picked my phone and started typing a message.

 

Halmuni where are you? We’re at Islands again. Can you come? And don’t forget about the sleepover at my house, ok?

 

After a few minutes everything was settled.

 

Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona and Yuri had a dance practice.

 

Seohyun went to follow her mom and promised she’ll be back after and then drag Sooyoung along with her to ask for permission.

 

On the other hand, Sunny and I went home.

 

I checked the house once I got home. Everything is all set.

 

I was sticking my head on the computer when my phone started to beep continuously.

 

My parents changed their minds. I can’t come. (sad face)—it was from Taeyeon. I felt sad knowing she was very excited for this first ever official sleepover. And no one would be there to cuddle with me while watching the freakn’ horror movies.

 

Mom said I can come but she’ll fetch me up at 12. Cinderella, remember?—Yuri as always. Mr. and Mrs. Kwon with their limitations.

 

Fany-ah! What time is the sleepover? I’ll try to come.—Thank God she finally replied. It was no other than Jessica.

I quickly replied their messages and waited for them.

 

 It was passed 7 when I heard loud voices coming from the 2nd floor. Have I mentioned that I live in a 4 story building? But we only occupy the 3rd and 4th floor while the first 2 floors are for rent only.

 

“TIFFANY HWANG!” everyone yelled.

 

“TRY TO SHUT YOUR MOUTHS!!!” I yelled back earning some laughter.

 

The first person I saw was no other than Jessica.

 

She hugged me once she stepped inside my house with a big smile on my face. “I fell asleep. My mom woke me up when she noticed your message. I had to tell that we’re just going to watch a movie.”

 

“So she doesn’t know that we’re having a sleepover?” I raised my eyebrows.

 

“Nope. Later I’ll txt her that I’ll just sleep here.” she gave a wise smile as she pulled me to the living room.

 

Everyone was already inside the big bedroom preparing the things we needed such as laptop, bed, pillows, etc.

“I’m hungry.” Yoona started to whine. “I told you to bring food. Where is it?” I held my palm out.

 

“oh boy.” They froze on their position. Just like what I thought it would be. THEY FORGOT TO BRING FOOD!

 

“Aigoo you dumb heads.” They laughed, getting used to me talking like that.

 

I started walking towards our kitchen while Jessica and Sunny was following behind.

 

“I feel bad for Taeyeon.” Sunny mumbled with a pout. Both of them are quite close, the DUMB and the DUMBER are what Jessica, Sooyoung and I call them.

 

“That’s what you get if you rebel. You’ll lose your parents’ trust.” Jessica sat on the couch beside Sunny.

 

“Anything for love.” I added starting to prepare our dinner.

 

“But guys”, the danshin whispered. “I don’t think Taeyeon is really in love with Baekhyun.”

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked in curiosity as we both turn our gazes to Sunny.

 

“Well, Baehyun kept on txting me asking where Taeyeon is. He even said that Taeyeon stopped txting him and sending emails since long ago.”

 

“What do you mean long ago?” I stood up in front them after preparing the rice cooker .

“Weeks, months ago.” She replied.

 

“Well, maybe she has a problem or something.” I guessed.

 

“Or maybe she’s hiding something.” Jessica creepily said, earning a giggle from me and a questionable look from Sunny.

 

 

-ON THE OTHER HAND-

 

“Taeyeon-ah~!” Mrs. Kim called.

 

“Yes mom?” Taeyeon quickly ran out of her room expecting that her parents’ mind changed.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Just playing with my iPad. Why?” the young lady asked hopefully. Her mother just nodded and walked back to the masters’ bedroom. Taeyeon followed like a little puppy waiting to be fed.

 

“What?” her mother asked

 

Frustrated, she just shook her head and went back to her room. She jumped to her bed, face buried on her pillow, hugging it tightly. Taeyeon started to sob but ended it to a loud cry.

 

“I *sniff* should end *sniff* this.” with that last word, she pulled her phone from her desk, scrolled the contacts and pressed CALL.

 

“Hello?” She tried to hide her sobbing and sniffs. Holding her phone tightly with her shivering hands, she continued. “I’m sorry. I-I hand to…”

 

“Taeyeon what’s wrong?”

 

“I want this relationship to end.” She said firmly.

 

“WHAT? Taeyeon why? Did I do something? Wh-What’s wrong? Is it your parents? Taeyeon tell me why.” Baekhyun’s voice was full of sadness, worry, despair and most especially, hurt.

 

“I-I just…” she sigh loudly, “I just don’t love you anymore. I’m sorry.”

 

Saying those words made Taeyeon relieved but at the same time she really felt sorry for Baekhyun, for hurting him and lying to him.

 

Yes, she did love him, but that was before. Before she realized she doesn’t just admire her “pair” but had developed special feelings for her, feelings that’s new, that’s undescribable, that’s deep.

 

She held her phone tightly, thinking if she should tell her bestfriends about it. She hesitated.

“Should I?” she sigh heavily “or should I not?”

 

She kept thinking while facing the ceiling of her bedroom. Not realizing she already felt sleepy, still holding her phone on her hand, she proceeded to dream land.

 

-AT THE SLEEP OVER-

 

“YAH! We don’t have drinks.” Tiffany ran back to the bedroom where the others where.

 

“Let’s buy then.” The eldest suggested.

 

“But we’re already in our pajamas.” Seohyun whined while holding a blanket.

 

“I still haven’t changed, Tiffany should come with me then.” Jessica grabbed her wrist and pulled her out. Tiffany on the other hand was just standing there dumbfounded, letting Jessica pull her.

 

Both of them started walking in the cold night.

 

“Those kids are so childish.” Jessica giggled.

 

“Yeah. Super! They still have-. AHHHHHHHH!”

 

Jessica quickly pulled Tiffany, avoiding the fast coming car.

 

“Thanks.” Tiffany said in a relieved tone, still shocked.

 

“Be careful next time unless you wanna die.” She tried to hide her laugh seeing Tiffany’s expression.

 

“Let’s go. Better walk faster or else those sharks would get hungry.” The older one pulled the other girl as they walked on the streets looking for a place where they can buy drinks at 8 in the evening. They live in a small city, don’t be surprised.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi guys!

i don't know if you've noticed but i've changed the foreword.

this ff will be divided into two parts. TaeNy and SuFany

the things, who will Tiffany's heart pick?

~Annyeong!

ppyeonh~<3