"You."

Weird Friendship? (Roots to Fruits before)

 

After having their late dinner, all of the girls took their seats on the bed that was placed on the floor. The laptop was placed on the bed so it’ll be easy for all of them to watch.

 

“Sunny stay here.” Sooyoung patted a space on the bed asking Sunny to sit next to her. Sunny just shrugged and didn’t comply “I’ll sit with Sica. Totty can I borrow your phone?”

 

Sooyoung just sunk on her seat. Tiffany on the hand just grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly.

 

“You miss Taeyeon?” a voice creped on her side. “Oh!” she jumped on her seat. “I was just…” she hunched a bit, hiding her face. “I just miss the others. They’re missing a fun activity.”

 

“Or you just really miss cuddling with Taeyeon.” Yoona wickedly smiled. “Tiffany, no need to hide. We can see it dear.” She patted Tiffany’s head before making herself fit beside Seohyun.

 

The movie started with everyone totally hooked on the screen except for two; Sunny was leaning against Tiffany’s folded legs, sitting beside Jessica while playing with Tiffany’s phone while Tiffany was just holding the pillow in-between her tight arms, scared of not being able to sleep that night.

 

Yuri was sitting beside Jessica while letting their thumbs play wrestling but their eyes were focused on the screen. Seohyun’s head was resting on Yoona’s shoulder and Yoona would tap it from time to time. Sooyoung was just bluntly watching the movie, not caring of the world and slowly fell asleep.

 

 

Later That Night

 

“Guys my mom wants me to come home.” Sunny announced sadly.

 

“Oh great! I’m not the only one.” Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

“Your mom is asking you too to come home?” Tiffany bolted making Sunny stumble in front. Jessica just answered with a nod.

 

“My aunt’s picking me up. You?” Sunny pointed to Jessica.

 

“My dad’s coming. What time will she pick you?”

 

“Eleven.”

 

“It’s already 10. I’ll tell dad to pick me up at 11 too.”

 

Tiffany hooked her arm with Jessica earning a chuckle from the latter. Yuri just stared at the scene with a questionable look. I should do it soon. ~ Yuri

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

“Where is Sunny?” the voice echoed inside the snoring house.

 

“You mean Sunny and Jessica?” Seohyun sleepily answered while rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

 

“Yeah. That’s what I meant. Where are the two?” The tallest quickly agreed.

 

The others, Yoona and Tiffany in particular, went back to sleep. Seohyun then started folding her blanket. “Sunny’s aunt picked her up. Jessica was fetched by her father last night. You fell asleep early. You even missed the midnight snacks.”

 

Sooyoung dumbfounded, nodded.

 

 

Later that day, the others started going home while Tiffany was left there at their house, alone.

 

The young lady was sitting on their couch while the laptop was on her lap. Her phone started to ring.

 

“Hello?” she checked the screen again and saw Taeyeon’s name.

 

“Fany-ah, are you busy? How’s the sleepover?”

 

“I’m just facing the laptop, as always. Well the sleepover was….” It took her a couple of seconds before continuing, “fun.”

 

“Really?” Tiffany was sure she heard a sigh from the other line. “I really missed a good one, didn’t I?”

 

“Yeah you did. But there can be some other time, right?” Tiffany tried to cheer her up.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. But Fany-ah…”

 

“Yes Tae-tae?”

 

“Can I come over at your place?” she asked hopefully.

 

“Oh sure! No problem Tae-tae. Are you coming right away?”

 

“Yep if it’s ok.” Taeyeon bit her lower lip.

 

“No problem. I’ll be waiting. Take care!”

 

“Thanks. You too.” Tiffany’s jolly voice echoed in Taeyeon’s ear as she quickly grabbed her bag and dashed off her room.

 

In just 10 minutes, Taeyeon was already heading up Tiffany’s building.

“Is that you Tae-tae?” Tiffany heard footsteps walking on the staircase. But she didn’t receive any answer. She ran towards the door and slowly opened it.

 

“BOO!” Tiffany jumped on her place.

 

She slapped the figure that just made heart jump in surprise.

 

“Jessi, where’s Taetae?” she opened the door widely to let Jessica enter.

 

“Taetae? Oh, you mean Taeyeon?”Jessica sat on the couch and took the laptop. Tiffany just nodded still standing by the door.

 

“I don’t know. At their house maybe.” She shrugged.

 

“But she called me and told me she’d be coming. And by the way, what are you doing here?” she crossed her arms on her chest and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Well, I didn’t see her. And...” Jessica raised her head and looked into Tiffany’s eyes sincerely.

 

“And what?” Tiffany nervously asked.

 

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

I was near Tiffany’s building, nervously playing with my bag’s strap when I saw Jessica running towards their gate.

 

Is she coming for Tiffany? GAH! What else would she be doing here?

 

I hesitated, standing outside their building. Should I go upstairs and meet Tiffany and confess to her while Jessica is there or should I just leave and find another time to tell her my feelings?

 

“ Maybe it’s really not the right time.” I mumbled.

 

I started to walk away when suddenly I heard someone scream my name.

 

With that voice, it’s no other than, HER. And of course no one else calls me by the nickname Tae-tae.

 

I lifted my head up, sure that it was coming from the heavens.

 

“Taetae what are you still doing there?” Tiffany was standing at their balcony from the 3rd floor, screaming her soul out for me to hear her. I did, LOUD and CLEAR with her already loud voice. Even if she doesn’t put some effort, I’d still hear her.

 

 I chuckled looking at her like a little kid standing under the tree, looking up at an apple from the top of it. The sight of her already made me feel happy but then I remembered what I saw earlier, Jessica.

 

Stupidly, my legs dragged me up the stairs. When I reached the 3rd floor Tiffany was standing by the door with her back facing me. I can see Jessica sitting on the couch, blushing.

 

“What’s with her?” my mouth had a mind of its own making me blurt out what’s on my mind.

 

“Tae-tae, you’re here.” Tiffany happily invited me inside.

 

“What’s with Jessica?” I asked as I sat beside her.

 

“Nothing!” the two Americans said in unison.

 

“Tif shut it!!!” Jessica said in English making my nose, bleed (not literally, ok?)

 

“Yeah yeah.” was Tiffany’s answer as she poured some juice on a glass and handed it to me. I know they’re hiding something.

 

“Tif Taeyeon’s here already. I should go now.” Jessica placed the laptop on the table and bid goodbye.

 

“Thanks for listening. You better keep your promise.” She patted Tiffany’s head before heading out.

 

I sat there, clueless.

 

Tiffany cleared to erase the awkward moment. She knew I guessed it right.

 

“Taetae it’s nothing!” she quickly denied and bounced beside me.

 

“Oh come one Fany-ah. I know you two are hiding something.”

 

“Forget it.” She waved her hand. “So Taetae, why do you want to come?”

 

What should I say?

 

I need to say something, quickly!

 

“I… Ummm…” I can see Tiffany waiting for an answer. “I-I broke up with Baekhyun.”

 

Author’s POV

 

“WHAT?” Tiffany’s eyes were almost popping out. “WHY? WHEN? HOW? T-Taeyeon why?” She bolted off her seat.

 

“I-I just….” Taeyeon hang her head low.

 

“Taeyeon answer me!!!” the other girl was still standing in front of her, still screaming.

 

“I just don’t love him anymore.” she whispered loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

 

“So you’re saying your love for Baekhun just faded away, am I right?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

“WHY? What did Baekhyun do to you? Did he cheat on you? Are YOU” she pointed a finger on Taeyeon’s chest “cheating on him? I even heard you kept on ignoring him!”

 

“Where did you get that?!?!” Taeyeon yelled back.

 

“It doesn’t matter. Taeyeon answer me!”

 

“I did not cheat on him!!!”

 

“THEN WHAT?”

 

“My heart is the one who’s been cheating.”

 

“What?” Tiffany whispered to herself, but Taeyeon heard her. Her face was unimaginable, confused.

 

“I love someone else.” Taeyeon said in a calm way. She stood up from her seat and grabbed her bag. “I’ll just leave.”

 

“STOP!” and Taeyeon did.

 

“Who is it Taeyeon?” she did not yell this time.

 

“Forget it.” Taeyeon walked to the door.

 

“Tell me.” Tiffany was now begging.

 

Should I tell her?

 

Taeyeon sigh loudly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You.”

 

 

 

 

 

Guys do you want long chapters? or short chapters?

BTW, try to guess the hints. ;) it'll be eassier for you to understand.

comment and subscribe ^^

silent readers are not allowed.(jk) kekekeke :D

~Chiseohamnida<3