Why Is It Complicated?

Just Get Over It!
Please log in to read the full chapter

6

(Jimin’s P.O.V)

 

“I’m really sorry that I slept all through the period of the play.” I apologized to Yoongi-hyung for the nth time. We were now both sitting inside of his car, I was looking away from him because I couldn’t really control the wild beatings of my heart. It was as if it’s going to burst out of my chest, any minute now and it kind of scares me. It had been half an hour since the play finished. I feel really bad for not even watching a single scene, I want to my blame my cousin for that, but I can’t though.

 

I just feel guilty since Yoongi-hyung bought the tickets for us to watch the show, but then I just slept through it. I should’ve just told him about not being able to sleep than to waste his time, and more importantly, his money. He could’ve even invited someone else instead of enduring to be with me, the guy who only fell asleep. I couldn’t help but heave another deep sigh because of that thought. You are such a failure, Park Jimin.

 

“Aish! I already said that just fine. Stop sighing and giving me that face, Jiminie. I understand it a lot, araso? And also, stop apologizing to me. You already did that for like a thousandth time already.” Yoongi-hyung said as he drove his car through the streets of Seoul.

 

I turned to his direction and stared at him while he was focused on his driving. Yoongi-hyung’s features were much more sharper up-close than from a far distance. His cute rice-cake-like cheeks, his very adorable nose, that almond-like dark brown eyes of his that turns to two slits when he smiles. Everything about him looked more toned and gorgeous when viewed closer.

 

I can’t really blame myself for falling in love with him even though I’m certain that I won’t ever have a chance with someone like him. I mean, he’s Min Yoongi, for god’s sake! And I am just his junior, the average, Park Jimin. I could only hope, as far as I know.

 

“You know, staring can lead to two consequences, Jiminie.” I looked away from Yoongi-hyung when what he just said snapped me out of my trance. I didn’t even notic that I was actually staring at him. First, I fell asleep and now he caught me staring at him. Just how much of a failure should I be today? “According to research, staring can lead to addiction with serious paranoia or much worse, it can lead to….” I noticed that he intentionally left the sentence hanging. It made me a little bit curious, to say the least.

 

“To w-what, Yoongi-hyung?” I asked as I stuttered a little, my gaze was turned outside of the window again. Wuriousity was actually building up its way inside of me. That made my heartbeat even more faster than it already does. Poor Park Jimin’s heart…

 

I noticed a smile had creeped out of his face. He glanced at me then grinned for a second before turning his attention back to the road. “Unfortunately, it can also lead to falling in love. Take your choice?”

 

I almost choke on my own saliva. “E-excuse me? Addiction or to f-falling in l-love? W-why should I even pick-hyung?”

 

The car stopped at the red light, Yoongi-hyung looked at me then he grinned confidently. “Well, addiction can be a really bad thing. But, I think that falling in love with someone wouldn’t be as bad as that.”

 

I was starting to get nervous at how he looked at me. Does he know I like him? Did I talk in my sleep? Did he noticed the way I always stare at him? I gulped and my face was starting to turn red because of embarrassment. “W-well, falling in love is as bad as having an addiction, to be honest.” I burst out, trying to change the atmosphere that’s slowly being awkward. “I-I mean, isn’t just the same? When you fall in love with someone, you can’t help but look for him every single time. Like your day wouldn’t really be complete if you can’t see him once, or that it will hurt really bad if you see that person with someone else… Or e-even when you can’t let the person you love go even though he or she doesn’t love you back anymore…”

 

“Like me, huh?” The sad tone in Yoongi-hyung’s voice made my heart sank, even though he was smiling. There was sadness radiating from his eyes as well.

 

You’re really ed up today, Jimin. Just what the is your problem, for god’s sake?!

 

It was too late to stop myself when I realized what I just said. I just actually pointedly said what I really felt about Yoongi-hyung’s problem. “I-I’m sorry… I didn’t realized what I was saying.”

 

Yoongi-hyung chuckled then he turned back into his driving again. The air around us started to calm down once again. I just bit my lower lip to keep myself from saying anything anymore. “Don’t worry, Jiminie.” He flashed a confident smile at me again. “I know that I’m being an idiot with everything that I’m doing. But, someone said to me, if I really love someone, I shouldn’t give up easily. Even though people around me think that I’m wasting my time with trying to get back with Sunmi, I don’t really mind. What I know is that I’m doing my best. And whatever happens next, will happen. At least, I wouldn’t regret not doing anything. I also know that in time I’ll be able to move on. I just have to wait for it to hit me. Right?”

Please log in to read the full chapter