The High School Play

Just Get Over It!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

2

(Yoongi’s P.O.V)

 

“Are you out of your mind, Yoongi-hyung?!” Namjoon shouted at me almost gaining the attention of all the students in the school’s cafeteria. He apologized to everyone before he turned again at me, now in a low voice. “Are you really going crazy?”

 

I eyed him as I drink my juice. “What? Me auditioning for the play? It’s not a really big deal, Namjoon.”


“What are you saying that it is not a big deal?! It’s just only two weeks before the Preliminary games, Yoongi. We only have almost two weeks to practice for it. If we want us to go to the Nationals this year, you must focus on our basketball practices!” The three of us are members of the basketball team, Namjoon being the captain, Me as the co-captain and Jungkook as the new center forward.


“I know that, I still can practice for the prelims. It’s not like the play will eat all of my time away.” I leaned back on the chair I was sitting on. “I’ll just try to have another extra-curricular activity. You know how extra-curricular activities can be a big help once we get to college. You know, you should also find some.”


“And you chose the High School Play, hyung?” Jungkook commented as he took a bite from his chicken leg. “We are jocks, but we are not idiots, Yoongi-hyung. We both know that you’re only auditioning for the play because you heard that your ex-girlfriend, Sunmi and her new boyfriend will also be auditioning for it.”


“And so? What’s the problem with that? Can’t I do something about it if I want to?” I rolled my eyes and took a bite from my chicken sandwich. “You both know that I really, really want her back. Even if you keep on telling me that I should just give up on her, I won’t. Stop pushing me to give up on something that I really love. I don’t do the same thing with, don’t I? Just let me be with this one.”


Namjoon sighed. “We can’t stop you, can’t we?”

 

I shook my head at him. “Nope.”

 

“ Just like I thought… Then if you really want to audition, suit yourself… We know that we can-”


“Wow, you’re auditioning for the school play, Yoongi-hyung?”
 

Namjoon, Jungkook and I turned to look at the direction where the cheerful, high-pitched voice came from. It was Seokjin-hyung’s cousin, Jimin who was with his friend weird friend, Taehyung. The two of them were carrying their own tray of food and were both smiling happily at the three of us.

 

I saw my friend Jungkook turn his head away from the two, his cheeks were tinted red. I couldn’t help but snicker at his reaction. Only one person can make the elusive Jungkook react like that. Only Kim Taehyung.

 

Yeah…  One of my friends is gay over that kid, Taehyung. But no one can’t blame him. These two guys are really attractive even for a guy’s point of view.


“Yeah he will be auditioning. My friend has finally lost his mind.” Namjoon said dramatically. I just glared at him.


“That’s cool! Me and Jiminnie will be auditioning too!” Taehyung chuckled as the two of them sat by our lunch table. Too close for the youngest’ comfort ‘cos I can see his face blush even more.


Namjoon snickered. “I’m sure Jimin will be selected as one of the casts. I mean, he knows a lot about plays. He was always in plays ever since elementary.”


“I’m not that good, Namjoon-hyung.” Jimin tried to shrugged it off but there was confidence on his face, showing that he’s really good at it. “The teachers just like me. That’s all there is to it.”


A light bulb was lighted inside my head when I finally digested what Namjoon had just said a while ago. “Ah, Jimin. Can I ask you a favor?”


“Oh no, no, no, no!” Jungkook suddenly butted in, I guess he already guess what I was thinking about. “Don’t say that you want him to help you or I will freaking stop being your friend hyung! Just stop!”


“Yah, Jeon Jungkook. Is something wrong with that?” Taehyung looked at Jungkook, making the younger guy blush again.


“Ah, n-nothing… S-sorry…”


I smiled in victory, I know Jungkook can’t react badly if Taehyung is here. “As I was going to say, Can you help me for the audition, Jimin?”


I saw Jimin smile, his genuine smile that turns his eyes into the shape of crescents and nodded his head enthusiastically a

Please log in to read the full chapter