Of All Places

Just Get Over It!
Please log in to read the full chapter

1

 (Yoongi’s P.O.V)

 

“I already told you to stop calling her, hyung! She already left you so just please stop chasing her.” Jungkook, the youngest, snatched away the phone from my hand, hastily throwing it on the brown, worn out couch behind him. “And you’ve called her for almost a hundred times already! Don’t you have any self-dignity left in you?”

 

I glared at him, making him click his tongue and shake his head in disbelief. I heaved a deep sigh and sat down on the floor of Seokjin’s room, burying my face on the palm of my hands.

 

I was really depressed and was also in a very bad mood because I saw my Ex-girlfriend, Sunmi, making out with the new transfer student from America. I can’t believe that she had already replaced me, her best friend and first boyfriend. I admit that it had been almost 2 months since we broke up, but I can’t easily forget the girl that I love for almost my whole life! Moving on is easier said than done.

 

“! Are you really that shameless?” I raised my head up to throw a glare at the direction of Jungkook, who was now sitting beside another one of our friends, Seokjin. “She already dump you for god’s sake! Why still chase her down? The fact that she already eyeing someone else means she doesn’t love you anymore, Yoongi-hyung.”

 

“Shut up!” I heaved another deep sigh and messed up my hair in frustration. “I just can’t believe that she already replaced me in her life! I mean we were so in love with each other. Just how the can she get over that fact quickly and I can’t? What changed?”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes . “Just like what you said… You. Two. Broke. Up! It is natural that she would find someone else. And even though you ask her that question, the bottom line is she doesn’t love you anymore.”

 

“And the difference between the two of you is that she had already moved on from the years that you’ve been together and you, my friend is as unprepared as someone who still believes in happily ever after.” Seokjin butted in. “But, unfortunately for you, happily ever after does not always happen if you’re not really meant for each other.”

 

I sighed and threw both of my hands up in the air as I grunted in frustration. “I can’t believe that you two are my really friends… I’m suffering right here. How can you say those things to me? I never really thought that you wouldn’t support me with this matter. Am I that messed up?”

 

“Yes.” They both chorused.

 

“That’s the main reason why we’re advising you to stop being so stupid and unreasonable.” Seokjin, the oldest, added. “What’s the point of continuing to chase her if she doesn’t want to be with you anymore. You’re the one who’s torturing yourself.”

 

Jungkook also added. “That’s right. We don’t want to see you making a big fool out of yourself again. Just move on with your life, ‘cos she already moved on, hyung. If you’re still not aware.”

 

“Uh. Whatever.” I sighed and stood up. ”I’ll just call the two of you when I get to think of something.“ I got out of Seokjin’s room, ignoring their calls and proceeded to the main entrance of the two-storey house.

 

 

- Flashback: Two months earlier –

 

“We need to talk.” Sunmi breathed in and out as she stared at me, her gorgeous big eyes mirroring the expression of discomfort.

 

We were currently sitting at one of the benches found at the park few blocks away from her house. It was one of our secret place, even though people often come here, it’s still our place. Sunmi called me out earlier, saying that she has something very important to talk to me about.

 

“Um, you know. Everything in life, even the greatest things in the world eventually run their course. Right, Yoongi-oppa?”

 

I nodded my head as I stared back at her. Confused on what the heck she wants to say. It was the first time I seen that look on her face and that tone of her voice. I can feel that there was something wrong.

 

She continued. “Trends fade, bread molds, people die and move on.”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

Sunmi sighed. “I guess--… Do you remember the first time that we kissed? The feeling, the sparks?”

 

I nodded my head again

 

All the things that she was saying right now was making me feel that something was truly wrong. I can’t help but feel sort of nervous about it.

 

Then she continued. “Well now. I mean, when we kiss, The feeling… I-it’s… I-it’s kind of… It’s kind of gone.”

 

I froze on the spot. Barely processing the things that she had just said. How could something as special as our relationship end like this? “S-so you’re… You’re breaking up with me? Is that it?”

 

“Well yeah… I mean… We’ve been together ever since kindergarten and I know that somehow we’ll get enough of each other’s faces sometime soon… So why wait for that to happen, if we can stop it now before our friendship goes down the drain. It’ll help us avoid a lot more pain.”

 

I stood up and snickered. “Is that really what you want, Sunmi?” She nodded back at me. I shook my head. “No. You’re just doing this so you can prove that I really love you. Isn’t it?”

 

Sunmi also stood up, her voice was now raising. “It’s

Please log in to read the full chapter