th chapter

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am almost having a heart attack after saw that familiar face in front of me. Who would wondering, after almost 4 years we're finally met here, in this kinda awkward situation. I knew that sooner or later we will meet each other again since the world is small enough to get bumped to each other, but I never thought it would be here. I always like imagined that we're meet at the suburb we're once lived at, while each of our school held a reunion.

She looked shocked too and her eyes is wide open. There is a plenty of possibilities why she is shocked. First, maybe because she thought that she will never see me again. Second, maybe she didn't expect that I will be working at such old rusty place. Third, maybe she is looking for me and now she have found me and felt so blessed until she can't speak any words, nah kidding.

Instead of keep staring to each other with the startled expression, I snapped to the reality and started to continue with that auntie's books collection that she wanted to buy. After she paid and I helped to brought the box to her car, the other old lady cut the line as Sooyeon started to make an annoyance face and crossed her arms. The old lady make her way out after paid her stuff.


"Are you stalking me?"

"Excuse me?" I went out from the counter and leaned on the bookshelf. I crossed my arms too as I faced her.

"Did Tiffany told you she met me here?"

"No. Isn't it you're the one who come here to me? Like... ah, Tiffany told you that I'm working at here? Or you're the one who asked her?" I went to her and smirk. She made the disgusted face and about to walked away.

"I'm kidding though.. You're searching for something?" I don't know why but I'm accidently held her wrist to stopped her from went out from this store, and as expected, she pulled her hand right away.

"WHY DID YOU HOLD MY HAND?"

"Gosh, can you stop it? You're overreacting.. Not that I'm trying to you though."


Don't get us wrong. We didn't start fighting just now, just a little 'cat fight' maybe. After I helped her with the stuff she needed, I tried my luck to make our never happened friendship, happen again. I treat her an instant coffee and a sandwich since I can't just closed this shop just to treat her a proper food at the restaurant. I didn't expected she will accept my treat and willing to stayed a bit longer here to having a little chit chat on what have happened and so on. I'm felt so useless after I knew that she is already finished her study, while I'm here working at place like this.

It's not like I can't working at the better place, but I didn't feel like wanted to. Tiffany have asked me, and al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter