Chapter Seven

Maknae vs. Alien

            Thud. Thud. Thud. Thud.

             “Uh…Jungkook?” The steady rhythm of creaking had stopped, Taehyung wasn’t jumping on the bed anymore.

             “Mhm?” Jungkook grumbles. Thud. Thud. Thud.

             “Why do you keep hitting your head on the wall?”

            Thud. Jungkook pauses, resting his rapidly reddening forehead for a moment, “I’m trying to wake up,” he admits. This is obviously some sort of hallucination or nightmare from the plane or exhaustion or any other logical explanation. He takes a deep breath and resumes. Thud Thud.

             “Well, if you’re really that tired, “ Taehyung begins, completely misinterpreting the confession, “Then why don’t you just come sit down?”

            Jungkook turns just in time to see Taehyung plop down onto the bed, giggling. He pats the space beside him invitingly, the plush bedspread compressing at the slight touch. Taehyung reclines with a sigh against the impressive stack of pillows along the bedboard, immediately sinking into the soft material. Jungkook lets out a whimper. He really was exhausted, and the bed looking so soft was irresistible to him. Alright, Taehyung, you win this round.

            He eases himself onto a corner, slowly, gently. He can’t lay down right away, then he would be an absolute goner.

            “Oh, come on silly,” Taehyung says, laughing. His hands roughly pull Jungkook back by the shoulders, knocking him into a lying position.

            Jungkook is offended, “Oh you ing,” but then he sinks into the soft embrace of the mattress, “Genius. Ohhhh god, thank you.”

            “Amen,” Taehyung whispers.

            It is silent for a few moments as they both relax. Jungkook is nearly asleep when Taehyung hisses, “Psst, yo, Jungkook.”

            “Hmph?” Jungkook mumbles without opening his eyes, or even really his mouth.

            “Does this mean we sleep together?” Taehyung whispers.

           Jungkook yawns and wags his finger at Taehyung, “Don’t be getting any ideas now.”

           Taehyung snorts, lazily hitting Jungkook’s arm, “You know what I meant.”

           Jungkook turns to the side, curling into a more comfortable position, “I guess,” he mumbles.

           “So then I have two rules.”

           “Mhm?” Jungkook yawns again, burrowing into the soft comforter. Taehyung beams at the sight of Jungkook being so unlike his normal tough-guy self.

           “Number one: I get this side of the bed.”

           Jungkook briefly opens one eye to peer around. If Taehyung gets that side, then Jungkook gets to be closer to the door. Easier to escape from his bull. “Yeah, okay.”

           “Number two: I get to be the big spoon.”

           “Okay so first of all, ,” Jungkook shoots upright immediately, and is instantly dazed and slightly dizzy, “uh….what?” Jungkook widens his eyes at Taehyung, head tilted as if questioning that he wouldn’t be capable of handling it.

          Taehyung bursts out laughing, eyes turning to crescents. When he catches his breath he explains, “I prefer being the big spoon. And if you sleep all curled up like that then it only makes sense that-“

           “THAT I HAVE SOMETHING TO ING WRAP AROUND? YEAH, I KNOW.” Jungkook takes a deep breath, pressing his fingers around his nose bridge, “And why the  is this even an argument? You’re a child, you’re a delicate pansy blowing in the damn wind you can’t protect . If anything, you need someone to protect you!” Jungkook is gesturing wildly, feeling the full effects of the exhaustion as he realizes how childish he’s beginning to sound.

           “And so you’re saying you want to protect me?” Taehyung raises an eyebrow, looking highly amused.

           “Whoah whoah whoah, okay let’s take it down a notch for a second. Let’s not be too hasty,” Jungkook stands up, far too invested now, and presses a hand to his chest, “I don’t even care much for cuddling. But I am the strong one here, and am the tough one.”

           Taehyung is bent over his phone, ignoring Jungkook, who is about to call him out on it when Taehyung says, “Namjoon just messaged the group. He’s letting us chill in our rooms for a few hours and we’ll meet up for dinner around 4:30 in the lobby.”

           “Sweet, nap time,” Jungkook lifts a foot to undo his laces, stumbling awkwardly, until he manages to regain his balance, eyes already closed in preparation for the nap.

            Taehyung giggles and opens his arms wide, “I’ll be your big spoon while we nap! Come to daddy.” His voice is extremely raspy from being so sleepy, and adding that to the typical deep timbre of his voice was deadly.

            “Okay, , let’s get this straight. Right here, right now.” Taehyung is already snort-giggling at this point of Jungkook’s rant, “You are not my ‘daddy’, biologically or economically  or ually," he lists the categories on his fingers, "You can chill with the ing fantasies right the now. Do not say that, especially in that voice. And even if we do cuddle, you are not the big spoon.”

            “Bro, I definitely am.”

            “You are not!” Jungkook stomps his foot for emphasis.

            Taehyung’s eyes widen at the childish action, mouth twitching with the effort not to smile. Jungkook almost instantly turns away to groan in shame, which is all it takes for Taehyung to begin hysterically laughing.

            “I can’t do this, I’m out of here,” Jungkook begins rebuttoning his coat, internally sobbing as he bids his final glance at the bed.

            “You can’t go, you need to sleep!” Taehyung is concerned now.

            “I’ll just get some food, or coffee, or drugs, or something to wake me up,” Jungkook shrugs and grabs a room key from a small table near the door.

            “But do you know a place where you can get that? Do you speak enough English to find somewhere? Won’t you get lost? Do you have enough cash on you? Do you feel comfortable-“

            “See ya!” Jungkook waves brightly, ignoring the questions and letting the door slam behind him.

 

            Jungkook actually did get lost. No, actually, lost is giving him too much credit. He stumbled about two blocks, getting honked at several times by merciless drivers all the while. He found a small park with some benches, one of which he took a nap on for about two hours. Miraculously he wasn’t robbed. But when he checked his pockets to just find his phone, room key, and four wadded up singles, he understood that maybe that wasn’t so tempting. Dressed in his lazy airplane attire, he didn’t exactly look like he had big money anyway. He used three of those singles to buy bitter coffee, and found his way back to the hotel after forty minutes of circling the same block.

            “Did you have a nice walk?” Jimin asks from the lobby couch, upon seeing Jungkook enter.

            “Well,” Jungkook recalls trying to check a map for directions, only to realize that it was just an advertisement for mascara, “I learned that I can’t read English so well.”

            “Did you meet anyone?” Jimin asks.

            Well, there was that homeless man yelling at a tree near Jungkook. “Yeah, kind of.”

            “Cool, you should show us all around later, where did you go?”

            “Yah, where’s everybody else?” Jungkook asks for the sake of distraction. It’s only him, Jimin, and Namjoon for now.

            “Hoseok is leaving some snacks and an apology note for Yoongi,” Jimin goes back to playing on his phone.

            “For?”

            “He’s not coming,” Jimin slowly looks up as he becomes aware of Jungkook and Namjoon glaring at him, “Look, he’s asleep and I value my life too much to disturb his hibernation patterns. If you feel so guilty then you should go on and wake him up.”

            “He’ll be fine,” Namjoon says, quickly dropping it to avoid having the responsibility.

            “Yoongi who?” Jungkook jokes, sipping at his coffee.

            “That’s what I thought,” Jimin smiles, “And if Yoongi asks, I left snacks too. I told Hoseok that if he didn’t sign my name I would refuse to let him cuddle with me for the rest of the trip.”

            Namjoon widens his eyes to Jimin and laughs, shaking his head in disbelief.

            “Damn, and I thought was heartless,” Jungkook snickers.

            “Hello caterpillars, the butterfly has arrived!” Hoseok says, twirling into the lobby. Taehyung follows, waving and beaming to each member.

            “We roll out now?” Jungkook asks, wishing he had changed as he realizes he’s the only one still in sweatpants.

            “We still don’t have Jin,” Taehyung points out, looking around the lobby.

            “He’ll be here soon,” Namjoon says.

            “Where is he?” Hoseok demands.

            “When I left he was still disinfecting the bed,” Namjoon says after a beat of recollection.

            “Oh,” the group nods in understanding, figures.

 

 

Author's note: Hey y'all, ya gerl is coming at you with another update so 

                                                 < me, 2000% of the time

Jungkook was super tired for all of this chapter (if you couldn't tell lol) so that's why he acted weirder than usual. But him and Taehyung are getting a bit closer literally. This chapter was kind of a filler, so I apologize if that bores you, tbh I just really like writing exhausted Jungkook lol, it's so cute I mean come on 

 HE'S SO CUTE (also he's actually glowing in this gif wtf is your secret bro)

Subscribe for more, and comment to give me some feedback :). Take care loves, have a good weekend <3 <3 !! (and a Happy Easter to those who celebrate)

                                                           

(lol so glad I google searched "bts bunny") (lol these are way too many gifs in the author's note) (lolyoloswagswagmothaa tho) (okay bye for real <3 )