Chapter Thirteen

Maknae vs. Alien

            “Are you guys done yet?” Jimin whines asks Hoseok, wandering over to lean against their van.

            “Good question,” Jungkook says with a nod, and turn to openly glare at Hoseok, who looks between the pair and pauses the song blasting from his phone with a sigh.

            “I think you learned the dance really well,” Hoseok admits earnestly, “We don’t have to go over it anymore.”

            Jungkook blinks in disbelief, but before he can burst into tears of joy and recite some sort of victory speech, Hoseok continues, “But!” He lifts a finger for emphasis, and Jungkook is tempted to smash his little smile into the concrete, “I do have to give you constructive criticism. It’s not to offend you in any way, but to improve your overall performance ability. Okay?”

            “Yeah yeah, I ing know,” Jungkook sits down on the edge of the opened trunk, and Jimin joins him, “You give the same speech every time, there’s no need to be such a boy scout about it, I can handle it.”

            Hoseok hesitates before saying anything bad (as he always does, I swear he belongs in a Bible story or something) but after a deep breath he admits, “Your footwork looks way too awkward.” He immediately turns to Jungkook, eyes wide and a hand coming up tentatively near his mouth as if checking that the sinful words didn’t leave a mark.

            Jungkook rests a hand over his heart, “You wound me, Hoseok,” he collapses back, next to a smirking Jimin, “How will I ever recover from such a blow to my ego?”

            “Oh, believe me, it will persevere just fine,” Jimin hisses. Jungkook elbows him swiftly so Hoseok won’t see.

            “I’m sorry!” Hoseok cries, and he’s biting his lip now, like if he tries hard enough he can swallow back down the words, “Look, I’ll show you what I mean if you get up.”

            Jungkook sits back up, “Why should I? What if it looks way too awkward?” He can hear Jimin snorting from behind him, and he watches as Hoseok pouts, shoulders deflated. Guilt ticks at his heart, and he sighs in relief that his conscience hasn’t completely abandoned him yet. He gets up, waving a hand to silence Hoseok’s many apologies, “It’s okay, just show me.”

            Hoseok freezes. Then, as if somebody flipped a switch, he’s completely reanimated. He claps excitedly, bouncing up and down, his eyes close because he’s smiling so hard and Jungkook cracks a grin at the sheer innocence of it all.

            Hoseok bends down to slap at the back of Jungkook’s right thigh. Jungkook groans in protest at the pain and bends his knee defensively, “Hoseok what the was-“

            “Yah!” a dying cat screeches.

            “Did you hear that?” Hoseok asks in confusion.

            “Hear what?” Jungkook asks, taking the time to rub at the back of his leg.

            “YAH!” the sound repeats, louder.

            “Yo, does anybody hear a dying cat?” Jimin calls from the trunk.

            “That,” Hoseok says pointedly to Jungkook.

            “Yeah, maybe it was God warning you not to keep this up,” Jungkook suggests.

            “Since when have you been the optimist?” Jimin laughs.

            Hoseok sticks his tongue out in a totally dignified manner and slaps Jungkook’s thigh once more for good measure.

            And then Jungkook sees the blur of a wild animal come out of nowhere and slam into Hoseok. Then he blinks. And it’s actually just Taehyung, who is probably human. Probably.

            Jungkook shakes his head to clear it, “What the ?”

            “Kookie!” Taehyung looks at him, seeming to instantaneously forget that he just ing bodyslammed Hoseok, “Are you okay?”

            Jungkook merely squints at Taehyung, blinking like he’s still trying to process. He says nothing. There are too many questions, and his brain can’t figure out what to focus on first.

            “What the just happened?” Jimin asks.

            Jungkook nods, that’s a pretty good place to start.

            “I uh,” Taehyung seems to shrink a bit. His hand comes up to scratch at the back of his neck, and his head lowers. The furious beast that just stampeded over Hoseok is now all at once sheepish and small, “I saw Hoseok hitting Jungkook and I got worried for him.”

            “Use your words, hyung. You didn’t have to try to tackle him to the ing ground,” Jungkook says, chuckling a bit. This is all ridiculous.

            “Well I tried yelling but-“

            “Hold up, that sound was you?” Jimin points to Taehyung in amused disbelief.

            Taehyung nods, a little flushed. The group all laughs at him and his cheeks redden more deeply.

            “Are you okay?”

            Jungkook’s laughter halts and he looks down at Taehyung. He’s sitting on the ground, using one hand to rub the palm of the other, which looks red and possibly scraped from the ground. Despite the pain, his eyes are on Jungkook’s. Wide. Dark. His mouth is so small and pink.

            “Yeah,” Jungkook says, he clears his throat, “Yeah I’m okay. Thank you.” The thanks is unsure, coming out as more like a question. Taehyung beams at the praise anyway, wide eyes transformed into crescents in the blink of an eye (author’s note: no pun intended ;)))) ). Jungkook offers him a hand, and Taehyung takes it to stand back up.

            “That was still a total overreaction,” Hoseok points out, lips pouting. Jungkook sighs, always the victim with you.

            “Jungkook hurt his leg today!” Taehyung yells righteously, “I helped him get better but that doesn’t mean you can make it worse again!”

            Hoseok gasps “Omo! I forgot, Jungkook are you okay?”

            “That’s what I was saying,” Taehyung says, crossing his arms snootily.

“Hey, geniuses,” Jungkook holds up a hand in an attempt to make them ing chill, his voice flat, “It was my other ing leg. And I feel fine now, so no worries Hoseok. Although, with you working me like a slavedriver, it’s good to know you are capable of empathy. Big relief, actually.”

            Jimin scoffs while Hoseok merely shrugs and giggles.

            Namjoon arrives, depositing two heavy speakers with a loud thud. “Oh, oh yes Taehyung,” he says, “Yes of course you can drop that massive speaker I needed you to carry. Yes of course you can run ahead to the van. Yes yes, don’t you worry, of course I’ll carry it for you.” Namjoon finishes with a flat glare at Taehyung.

            Yoongi arrives just after, carrying another massive speaker between two arms. Being much less passive aggressive, he merely tells Taehyung, “You’re an ungrateful bastard.”

            “I’m sorry,” Taehyung says, barely above a whisper. Jungkook can practically see his tail folding between his legs in shame.

            “You should be sorry,” Namjoon snaps. The group looks at him in surprise and he takes a deep breath.

            “It was a long day without you, Jungkook,” Yoongi tells him.

            “It was,” Namjoon agrees, sparing Jungkook a weary smile, cheek dimpling sweetly, “It’s good to have you back, I’m glad you feel better.” He looks to Taehyung, “Thank you for helping Jungkook heal up quickly.”

            Taehyung perks up at that, “No sweat! It was my pleasure.”

            Jungkook side eyes Taehyung at that last part.

            “Yo, Jungkook,” Jimin calls, “Now that you’re all better, wanna carry me around for a bit?”

            “Nope,” Jungkook shakes his head, laughing as if even the suggestion is preposterous within itself, “I just got better. If I carry you, I’m gonna break both my legs, and then your fat will have doomed us all.”

            “I’m not fat!” Jimin immediately squawks. Regaining some composure, he places a hand delicately on his chest, “I’m big boned.”

            “And there’s nothing wrong with a little meat on those bones,” Taehyung adds with a smile, making a heart with his hands and pretending to throw it to Jimin.

            Hoseok nods solemnly, “Thick thighs save lives.”

            Jimin points at him, “You said it man, that’s the ing motto.” (author’s note: amen) Jimin swings his weight easily off of the edge of the trunk, “It’s alright to have some junk in the trunk.”

Jungkook raises a hand to stop this madness for just a diddly darn second, “Was that a pun? Wait did you just make a ing-“

            “It’s good to have some cushion for the pushin’,” Taehyung adds, winking suggestively and performing some good pelvic s.

            The group’s laughter falls silent. Jungkook is the first to speak, “So, uh, about this whole ‘sharing a bed with you tonight’ thing… I’m not too sure that I’m comfortable with, uhm…” He vaguely gestures to Taehyung’s crotch area, wondering if the hotel showers have a holy water setting.

            The group cracks up, Taehyung’s laughter in a more embarrassed pitch. They trade a few more amusing compliments to boost Jimin’s self-esteem. Then Namjoon intervenes after a particularly one from Yoongi to remind them that they need to go to get the rest of the equipment (and they probably ought to go to church as well). Jimin and Jungkook are set to load it all into the van while the rest finish retrieving all of it.

            Before Taehyung goes off to save Jin from the bundles of wires that he’s probably been untangling purely to individually scrub them, he taps Jungkook’s shoulder. “Yah, Jungkook, is your dad a baker?”

            Jungkook furrows his brow, “No. Why would you ask me about-is this a setup for a ty pun because I swear to God that I will make your-“

            “Because you got some nice buns.”

            Honestly, Jungkook has to give Taehyung some credit here. The poor kid is trying so hard to not laugh under Jungkook’s furious gaze. If this had been in better lighting, Jungkook would probably be able to see the way he’s profusely sweating with the effort. Jungkook finally breaks eye contact with a disappointed sigh, “I ing,” still speechless, he can’t finish the sentence and he just sighs again. For longer this time around. He has such low expectations and this idiotic carebear manages to still let him down.

            Finally, Jungkook looks back up to dismiss him, “Leave me to dwell in shame.”

            Immediately, the façade shatters and Taehyung is snort-giggling. He runs off, threading his fingers through Hoseok’s as soon as he reaches the group. He says something quietly to Hoseok and the pair cackle like the god damn hyenas they are.

            “Pieces of , the both of them,” Jungkook sneers, “I hate them. Taehyung shall burn.”

            “If you hate him so much then why are you smiling?” Jimin singsongs.

            “I hadn’t realized I was smiling,” Jungkook looks back to him, serial-killer-serious, “But take a good hard look. This might just be the last face you’ll ever see.”

            Jimin takes a small sidestep away from Jungkook, baring his teeth in a petrified smile, “Nevermind. Message received loud and clear.”

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: heyhey darlings <3

                       

so this author's note is gonna be hella brief because (where I am) it's the middle of the night. I just got home a little while ago, I was actually attending the Kcon NY event (#BLESSEDAF) and I got to see Seventeen perform (my voice is in gone with the wind y'all) and they have so many members but, in summary, 

^ this is me @ them, as I add more and more members to my love shrine

The concert was so fun, and tmrw idk if I'm gonna survive cause BT mothain S is gonna be there in front a my EYES in da FLESH and oh my gODDDD. 

Also, during my haitus, there were so many comebacks (haha exo comeback more like exo should on my back am i riGHT LADIES) and if y'all wanna fangirl lmao (exid, exo, sistar, etc) just comment on it and I'll like jump up and down in glee with you when I'm more awake. I'm honestly dead on my feet right now but I wanted to update really badly cause it's been so lonnngggggggg since I did. And I am so sorry about that :((( I just got so busy, but I'll try to update more regularly <333 and speaking of which, I really really hope you enjoyed this update

I really really have to go to sleep now lol but take care babies <3 <3 <3 subscribe, upvote, comment sum feedback or whateva. I love you guys so much <3 <3 <3