Chapter Five

Maknae vs. Alien

               Landing in a foreign country was overwhelming. Transcending. Disillusioning. Surreal. The weather in Los Angeles was warm and sunny. The palm trees shivered in the slight breeze. It was paradise.

               At least maybe those are the kinds of thoughts and observations that Jungkook would be having if he wasn’t so ing tired.

               “Motherer!” His leg hit something and he finally opened his eyes all the way to see a gleaming silver cylinder. “Who the puts a trashcan here? Am I going to just throw away my luggage upon my arrival? No.” He kicks it and immediately hugs his aching leg. you, trashcan. So far, Los Angeles was going great.

               “Sweetheart, try to watch where you’re going. I don’t want you to get hurt,” Jin rubs his back comfortingly and takes his bag for him.

               “But ahjusshi, we’re all so sleepy,” Hoseok pouts and stamps his feet in an aegyo move.

               Jin gives him a long hug, “I know honey, trust me I know.”

               “Yah! We have to go this way to get our suitcases!” Namjoon points with a thumb, then begins marching off. The group follows at a zombie’s pace.

 

               Jungkook had a moment to sit in a cushioned chair when Namjoon went to find the bags. Jimin and Hoseok had offered to help. Jin was consulting a map, decoding the symbols to find an exit. Yoongi watched everybody’s stuff. Taehyung watched Jungkook, who didn’t notice cause he was too busy being the human manifestation of grumpy. Arms crossed. Eyebrows furrowed. Sure, his chin and eyelids kept drooping every few seconds as exhaustion tightened it’s grip on his black soul, but that was all part of the look.

               Hoseok was sitting on two suitcases, with Jimin shoving him along, both laughing. Namjoon wheeled the rest over on a cart, “Okay guys, I reserved a car big enough for all of us in advance. I’m sure I can figure out where it is exactly as soon as I check a map. But we’re all going together, no separation until we get to the hotel, okay?”

              “Sir, yes sir!” Jimin and Hoseok chant with a salute.

              “Okay, okay, we get it. No splitting up. No ty horror movie strategies, let’s get on with it,” Jungkook gestures for them to follow him and stomps off, Taehyung chuckling.

              “Actually, it’s this way Jungkook,” Namjoon says, pointing the opposite way from where Jungkook was heading and trying not to smirk.

              Jungkook ducks his head and follows as the group all laughs.

 

             “Why is the sun up?” Yoongi groans, squinting out the window to his left as he sits in the car, which is really more of a van. All black, tinted windows, quality sound system, like something straight out of a rap video. Yep, Namjoon picked it out for sure.

             “More importantly, why am I up?” Jimin is adjusting himself in the very back, desperately trying to recline as much as possible

             “Oh my god. What time is it?” Taehyung asks once he finishes getting all the bags safely loaded, buckling his seatbelt in an exhausted daze.

             “It’s 11 am here, but Los Angeles is seventeen hours behind Seoul. So we feel like it’s 4 am,” Hoseok chirps, yawning as he leans into the window.

             “Haha, take that Los Angeles, we got seventeen hours on you boyy!” Taehyung mumbles, lazily fist-bumping Hoseok.

             “It’s so bright,” Yoongi claws and taps at the window’s glass futilely, “Turn it off, for the love of God somebody turn it off.” Jin leans back, positioning a snapback on Yoongi’s head to shade him from the sun. Yoongi sighs at the darkness, relaxing into his seat.

             Taehyung tilts, allowing the sun he had been blocking into Jungkook’s face. The maknae’s eyes fly open and he hisses at the light, like he had never seen it before. Jungkook mutters threats irritably, laying his arm across the bridge of his nose to shade his eyes. Taehyung giggles.

             “Next stop, the hotel!” Namjoon turns the key in the ignition and they start cruising out of the parking lot. Even though they remain silent (mainly because they’re trying to sleep or already are asleep), they’re all grateful that Namjoon isn’t blasting his loud American rap out those pretty speakers that Jin was currently using for a pillow.

 

            The automatic doors to the hotel slide open to reveal marble floors and large windows letting in the ungodly sunlight. A white piano is tucked into the corner, a wide front desk awaits them, and a bellboy of sorts is offering assistance. But Jungkook is very distracted, because the first thing he noticed upon entering was they have a couch.

             It’s a beautiful sight to be seen: the plush sofa with knit blankets folded across the back. Jungkook experiences a brief montage of this couch and him being together, complete with soft classical music to set the mood (that, now that he thought of it, was probably actually playing in the lobby).

            Jungkook manages to take a single step in the direction of the couch of his dreams when he hears, “Dude, I’ll race you!” from an excited Jimin. Jimin and Hoseok go whooshing past, like a god damn stampede. Jungkook’s expression hardens as he follows with a stubbornly slow pace. He squeezes in next to a smug and victorious Hoseok, whom Jimin is trying to wrestle off of the part that they had apparently deemed the comfiest.

            “Move over es, this is my area of expertise,” Yoongi swats at Jimin’s leg and sits in a semi-vacant area.

            “Hyung,” Hoseok’s voice is whiney, “But you took a nap before we got on the plane and slept for practically the entire flight.”

            “Gentlemen, these accusations are-“

            “Completely true,” Taehyung pipes in.

            “Never said they weren’t,” Yoongi points out, “However, this is irrelevant. What is the point in that?”

            “No more sleeping!” Hoseok makes an X with his arms.

            “You’ve slept enough,” Jimin says.

            “More that enough,” Taehyung corrects.

            “Word, like dude, save some for the rest of us,” Jungkook teases.

            “I-I,” Yoongi furrows his brow, “Forgive me. ‘Slept enough’? ‘No more sleeping’??? I’m not familiar with these concepts.”

            There’s a long silence while the group gives him flat glares.

            “In short: get the off,” Jungkook shoves Yoongi off of the couch with a decisive kick. Jimin immediately shoots him a cheeky grin of gratitude as he claims the new space. Hoseok and Taehyung are laughing, which grows louder when Yoongi gets back up with an expression of complete shock.

           “Okay, hey guys,” Namjoon returns, Jin at his heels, “I just got us checked in and all of our luggage is being brought up to our rooms.”

           “You’re so responsible,” Jin smiles reverently at Namjoon, who returns a shy smile at the compliment.

           “Ew, ahjusshi you can do better,” Hoseok says.

           “Get a room you too,” Jungkook says, sniggering. 

           “Ayyyyyy!” Jimin winks suggestively and points down a hallway to a row of hotel rooms.

           “Oh! That reminds me,” Namjoon continues without acknowledging any of the jests, “I have the room assignments for you guys. So Jungkook and Taehyung will be together.”

          “Wait, what? I heard my name. Who am I with?” Jungkook yawns, considerably out of it.

          “Me,” a deep voice says. Jungkook widens his bleary eyes to see a beaming Taehyung.

          He starts laughing. He starts laughing really hard.

          The group stares at him.

          He stares back, the laughter dying in his throat. He blinks. “Oh so,” his gaze settles on Namjoon, “You were actually being serious?”

 

 

 

Author's note: OKAY SO LIKE FIRST OFF, HAPPY (SLIGHTLY LATE) BIRTHDAY TO MIN YOONGI/SUGA, MY BAE MY MAN MY DREAM MY LOVE MY LIGHT MY LIFE!! He's my bias in BTS and yo if he 23, then I'm 23 lol. Hope you had a fun celebration babyyy~~~

                                            

He's so gosh diddly darn cute oh lord. This chapter was fun to write cause when I'm really sleepy I get super grumpy too, so it was too relatable lol. I hope you enjoyed it ^^ ! Have a lovely weekend everyone, please take care and rest up! <3 <3 <3