Chapter Seventeen

Maknae vs. Alien

             Jin lifts the stack of seven identical black bags from the stage floor as soon as everything else is unpacked. He squints at the label on the first, “This one is Hoseok’s.”

            “Thanks Jin!” Hoseok chirps brightly, taking his costume bag with a grin.

            “Yoongi,” Jin calls next.

            “Mmf,” Yoongi grunts in acknowledgement as he takes the bag. Jin chuckles and looks down toward the next one.

            “Namjoon-sshi,” he says, voice noticeably softened. He gently passes the next costume bag to Namjoon with a smile. Jimin rolls his eyes to Jungkook. Jungkook makes gagging sounds. Hoseok slaps his shoulder to make him stop and the three start laughing.

            “Jimin,” Jin calls, passing the bag to him without meeting eye contact. His cheeks are slightly pink and Jungkook realizes he probably heard them teasing.

            “Taehyung,” Jin says next.

            Jungkook takes the bag to pass it back to Taehyung. “Thank you!” Taehyung whispers graciously. Jungkook nods in response, only allowing himself a small smile when he’s facing away from Taehyung again. Hoseok and Jimin look at each other, hands over their hearts, touched at the undeniable young love sprouting before their very eyes.

            “This one is mine,” Jin says as he places the next one aside, “And finally, Jungkook.”

            “Thanks ahjusshi,” he says chuckling, pulling the bag close to his chest.

            “Okay, this is the only dress rehearsal we get, so we have to make the most of it,” Namjoon reminds them, “We have to run through every dance, and then after we do all of them we’ll start on criticism and correction. Hoseok won’t be dancing as much so he can watch from the audience and check for mistakes. He’s going to be in charge.”

            “Oh no,” Jimin and Jungkook whisper in terrified unison. They peer over at Hoseok, who looks equally disappointed at the prospect of not being allowed to dance.

            “Jin will be ready to mend your costumes if there are slight issues with it,” Jin whips his trusty sewing kit out of some hidden pocket on cue, shaking it to show off how well prepared he is as the threads and needles jingle together. Namjoon scoffs at how lame Jin truly is, before gesturing toward the back of the stage, “There are bathrooms out the stage door and down the hallway to the left for us to change in,” Namjoon says, pointing out the red stage door beyond the curtains.

            “Is that really necessary? We’ve all seen each other in our underwear changing before,” Yoongi says, already sitting on the floor out of exhaustion.

            “Some of us have seen each other in even less,” Jimin says, scandalized, pointing to where Jungkook was showing Taehyung how to open up the costume bag, and tilting his head. Jungkook slaps it back into place when he notices what’s going on.

            Namjoon only sighs, “Whatever makes you more comfortable is what I would recommend, I’m merely suggesting options. We have a lot to get through today so let’s go!”

 

            Jungkook huffs as he struggles to button the tight jeans. Once they’re finally on, he exhales and winces at the fabric digging into his hips. He tries some lunges to stretch them out and winces again in discomfort. He sighs in frustration, tapping his closed fist against the wall, “This costume is getting me so ing tight.”

            “Was that a pun?”

            Jungkook snaps his head around to see a laughing Taehyung, already in costume, walking out from an empty stall to lean against the sinks. “What?”

            “Get it?” Taehyung asks shamelessly, “Because tight as in, angry or inconvenienced, but also tight as in too small? So the costume is literally getting you tight?” He slaps his hands together in appreciation of this masterful accidental pun.

            Jungkook just rolls his eyes. The pun isn’t even that funny. He doesn’t understand why it’s making Taehyung laugh so hard that he almost slips into the sink basin multiple times. He groans. The whole point of going to the bathroom was that he wanted to be alone when he tried on the outfit in its entirety. There were always pieces that didn’t fit right (exhibit A: the black boa constricters jeans currently cutting off sensation in the lower half of his legs) and he preferred to deal with that on his own. But of course Taehyung would be here to see it. Wait, that means-“Taehyung did you watch me get changed?”

            Instantly, Taehyung’s laughter freezes in his throat and his eyes widen as he stares at nothing in particular. That is when Jungkook starts cracking up, cause Taehyung looked just about ready to leap off the edge of the earth.

            Taehyung flushes at the laughter. He begins laughing along (his fake laugh is ridiculous) and hops down from the counter, walking to the door, “I’m sorry, you can uh, be alone. I’ll just back-I mean go back, to the stage.”

            Jungkook shakes his head in amusement when he’s gone. Then he stretches out the pants till he feels comfortable with motion beyond a wobble, and heads back to the group.

            “Let’s just start rehearsing, Jimin. It’s not gonna happen,” Hoseok says from somewhere on the other side of the stage.

            Jimin huffs, “Not with that attitude it won’t. Just watch and learn Hoseok.”

            Jungkook walks over to find Jimin squatting in front of a wall, a wire in his hand, eyes trained on an outlet higher up than he can reach. He jumps up, again, and tries to plug in the wire, again, and fails, again.

            Jimin is silent as he glares at the outlet, “Maybe it’s the wall’s fault.”

            Hoseok walks away to go start setting up for his work as the director. Yoongi stands from where he was leaning against the ‘faulty’ wall, “Jimin you’re in way over your head.”

            Taehyung snaps his fingers on the ground beside Yoongi, “Pun!” he whispers happily. Jungkook is definitely going to have to talk to him later about his pun . He’s kink-shaming.

            “Oh, so I’m ‘in over my head’? Is that because I’m ing short?” Jimin snaps back, glaring at Yoongi.

            Yoongi blinks at him calmly, sizing up the potential consequence, “Yeah, it is. Because you’re pretty ing short.”

            “Yeah, well you can my cause shorter people live longer on average,” Jimin says, jutting his hip out defiantly.

            “Was that a death threat?” Yoongi asks, a slight smile to show that he’s mildly amused at the prospect.

            “Maybe,” Jimin says dismissively, staring down the wall again. Yoongi smiles to himself and walks away, buttoning up his shirt.

            “I can help,” Jungkook offers. He gently takes the plug from Jimin’s determined fist and gets on his tiptoes to plug it in, not even having to jump. “You’re welcome.”

            “My hero,” Jimin says sarcastically, but he’s smiling.

            “Pleasure’s all mine,” Jungkook says, with an equally sarcastic tone and an equally genuine smile. “So, uh, where are your pants?” he gestures to Jimin’s boxers.

            Taehyung begins cackling at the rapid change of subject, getting up to head back to the group. Realizing they’re the only two left backstage, Jungkook and Jimin follow him out.

            Jungkook clears his throat when they get back, “So Jimin, about your partial ?”

            “His what?” Jin says immediately, looking over to Jimin. Namjoon snorts and goes back to showing Hoseok how to work the speakers. Yoongi, Taehyung and Hoseok begin laughing, struggling to listen to Namjoon and ever-so-discreetly peeping over to see how this ends.

            “The pants didn’t fit,” Jimin explains with a shrug.

            “Too small?” Jin asks. Somehow he already has a needle out and threaded.

            “Nope,” Jimin says, plopping into the nearest chair, “You always pick out pants a little too big on me so my sweet will fit in them, but these are too big and they won’t stay up.”

            “I can’t believe it,” Hoseok says in quiet shock, sitting in the seat next to Jimin.

            “Mm-hmm,” Jimin nods, scratching at his neck.

            “The fatass isn’t fat enough for his pants,” Hoseok finishes, gaping in shock. The group begins laughing. Jimin shoves Hoseok so hard that he falls on to the ground, but Hoseok just laughs harder, slowly getting back up to his feet.

            “Excuse you,” Jimin screeches, crossing his arms, “They call my avocado, cause it’s the good kind of fat.” He smiles smugly to himself.

            “Pun!” Taehyung rejoices, grabbing onto Hoseok. The pair begin laughing hysterically, leaning on one another for support.

            Yoongi scoffs, “Avocado cause I’ve got the good kind of fat,” he echoes, chuckling.

            “Can that please be his stage name?” Taehyung suddenly asks Namjoon, sounding completely serious.

            “At what? The strip club?” Jungkook retorts. That sends Taehyung and Hoseok back into hysterics, and this time Jimin joins in with the laughter too.

            “Yah, Jungkook,” Jimin says after the laughter starts dying down, “Is that your final outfit?”

            Jungkook looks down. The jeans have loosened, but still look fitted. He’s wearing nice black shoes and a plain shirt with a sweater over it. “Yeah, why? I’m not trading for your maternity pants.”

            Once again, Hoseok and Taehyung are laughing. Jimin doesn’t bat an eye. “You’re not shirtless?”

            Jungkook makes a confused face and laughs, “Uh, no? Why?”

            Jimin sighs dejectedly, “I wanted you to be shirtless so your abs would show. I’m just disappointed.”

            Jungkook rolls his eyes, “Yeah, well, so is God. Honestly how am I friends with such a heathen who openly-“

            “Quiet down!” Hoseok yells suddenly. “We have to rehearse people!”

            “Yah, Jimin,” Jin says softly, “I have a pair of suspenders in my bag that would help you.”

            “Thanks ahjusshi, you’re the best,” Jimin says with a grin.

            “Places! Places!” Hoseok commands, shooing away Taehyung.

            “What have I done?” Namjoon utters, watching helplessly as Yoongi is dragged by his ankle toward the stage by Divaseok Hoseok.

            “You fool, you’ve doomed us all,” Jungkook utters back. Namjoon looks to him, eyes wide in guilt. He mouths an apology as Hoseok shoves Jungkook toward the stage.

            “Dress rehearsal time everyone!” Hoseok yells. Jungkook says a quick prayer. Lord have mercy.

 

 

 

 

Author's note: LORD HAVE MERCY INDEED JUNGKOOK HOLY ING

 

^ this is what I imagined Jimin wearing, with the suspenders and the sweet  big pants, is it hot in here or is it j-just me *fanning self frantically*

Sorry for not updating last week, I was helping my sister move out of Seattle (out of curiousity, are any of y'all from the west coast?) but this week I got my together EVEN THOUGH my birthday is tomorrow. Lol my dedication to this story is so hardcore. I don't want to disappoint you guys ^^ and speaking of which, hope this chapter was alright <3 

Meanwhile, does anyone know when Suga is releasing his solo album? I've been on the edge of my seat for like ever 

                                                                  

and BEYOND THAT shoutout to this chapter number ayyyye~~  I think my bias in Seventeen is Seungkwan (i say think because it's quite hard to pick just one, I keep changing my mind. In fact I'll probably have changed it by the end of this sentence. Lol Diva Boo is precious. For looks though? Probably Jun idk. Lol I made an instagram accont where I mainly just post memes and Seventeen . If any of you are interested in it let me know I guess :)

                                 

Love em. And love you guys too :) !!! <3 <3 <3 As always, feel free to comment, upvote, or subscribe.  Have a good weekend, relax and <3 love yourself <3 :)))