Chapter Three

Maknae vs. Alien

            “Is the plane going to be delayed? I hope the weather is nice and mild so we can get there safely!” Jimin says brightly, eyes darting to Jungkook pointedly. Jungkook’s eyebrows come together for a moment at the choice of adjectives, memory vaguely triggered by it, before he goes back to playing the game on his phone. They’re seated by a tall wall of windows, and the weather looks perfectly clear.

            “Jimin will you be comfy in that hoodie? It is too warm or is it nice and,” Hoseok pauses to suppress a laugh before he can even finish the question, but he manages to whisper, “mild?” before he’s cracking up in that hyena-esque fashion of his. Jungkook doesn’t get the joke, but then again his friends are es and it’s statistically quite likely that this is just some wad of bull impossible to understand from any angle.

            “Yeah, good point man,” Jimin nods in thought, “Maybe I’m coming down with a mild fever.” The two collapse into heaps of giggles while looking at Jungkook, who just feels more confused. He looks between the two of them, this definitely involves him somewhere, but what? The word is ringing a bell dimly, but he doesn’t understand the significance of it until it is said by somebody mild else.

            Taehyung appears between them “Yah, keep your voices down, we’re in public now so we have to keep our behavior tame and mild for Namjoon-sshi.” The three laugh together, in hysterics. Hoseok turns red in the face from the exertion.

            Jungkook gasps. The tiny car on his screen crashes.

            He grabs Hoseok and Jimin by the ears, dragging them down to the end of their lives the corridor.

            “We gonna get our asses beat?” Hoseok asks softly, sounding only mildly slightly distressed, like he’s really not surprised.

            “Yep,” Jimin says calmly, “But worth it.” Jungkook hears the tap of a fist bump and wonders if he can get security screening to flag these two as terrorists or something. He doesn’t manage to get very far before Namjoon stops him.

            “Excuse me.”

            “They were asking for it,” Jungkook says by way of explanation, tightening his grip. Hoseok winces.

            “Look I don’t know what,” Namjoon gestures vaguely to the crippled trio, “this is, but it can commence-or hopefully not, actually, later. We have to have a quick meeting.”

            “Now?” Jungkook whines, deflated.

            “Now,” Namjoon echoes firmly, “We board in twenty minutes.”

            Jungkook lets them go, landing a quick punch on Jimin’s upper arm. “I guess you guys are safe. For now.” He narrows his eyes at the both of them. Jimin attaches himself to Namjoon for security. Hoseok makes a teasing face at Jungkook and bolts back to Taehyung. Jungkook shakes his head with a chuckle, walking back to the gate.

 

            “Okay ladies, let’s talk seating arrangements.”

            Jungkook is openly glaring at Jimin, arms crossed. I trusted you. Jimin is focusing on Namjoon, as if ignoring Jungkook might make him go away, but Jungkook can see the sweat beading up on his forehead. Hoseok is doing aegyo to try to make Jungkook calm down to no avail. Jin and Taehyung are actually listening to Namjoon. Yoongi looks asleep, or possibly dead, but he removes his headphones to listen and the group collectively sighs in relief at the sign of life.

            “Okay,” Namjoon pulls the boarding passes out of his pocket and begins checking the names, “Yoongi, me, and Jin in one row. In front of that, Jimin takes window with Hoseok next to him. And in front of that is Jungkook at the window with Taehyung next to him.”

            “What?” Jungkook says curtly, immediately dropping the icy exterior. Jimin smirks.

            “I just listed the seats,” Namjoon explains calmly, handing out the papers.

            “And where am I?”

            “Seat 14A, lucky you with a window.”

            “No no no I mean, who am I next to?”

            “Taehyung,” Namjoon gently ruffles said boy’s hair, as if maybe Jungkook doesn’t recall who that is. Taehyung beams. Maybe he doesn’t know what I said about him, and earlier was just a coincidence.    

Taehyung blows him a kiss, “Get ready for the ride of your life, honey,” he teases. Jungkook promptly realizes this is going to Really .

            “Namjoon, can I sit somewhere else?” he pleads, puppy-dog eyes at full effect.

            “Why? Is there a problem?” he seems concerned and internally Jungkook sniggers, the eyes always get him.

            “I would just prefer to sit by other people,” he admits, pouting cutely.

            “Kookie,” his voice is full of sympathy and he places gentle hands on Jungkook’s shoulders, “Yoongi and Jimin are annoying as hell, I get it,” not who I was thinking about but still true enough, “But you have to learn how to shake it off.”

            Jungkook turns in a panic to Hoseok, “Oh no.”

            “What is it?” Namjoon asks, but it’s too late. Hoseok already has the song playing on his phone.

            “SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT FOR ME! SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT FOR ME!” He screeches along, moving his hips in a clumsy imitation of Sistar. Jimin leaping up to join in.

            Thankfully they are saved mid-chorus (Jungkook still laughing at Hoseok’s over-dramatic expressions) by a grumpy Yoongi, who turns off Hoseok’s phone, gives the both of them a disappointed shake of the head, and sits back down with his earphones back on.

            “Aish, it was just getting good!” Hoseok whined, pouting childishly.

            “Yeah, and frankly, hyung, you should learn how to keep you temper in a state more on the mild side.” Jimin asserts, hands on hips. His scowl flips into a smirk when he notes Jungkook’s annoyed expression.

            “You say that word one more ing time and I’m going to give you a mild concussion,” Jungkook deadpans.

            Jimin nervously flashes two thumbs up, before backing away slowly, as if not to startle Jungkook into a murderous rampage.

            “That’s who I’m stuck with for the next fourteen hours,” Taehyung says, eying Jungkook. When he meets his gaze, he sees Taehyung is working the puppy-dog eyes now.

            Jungkook scoffs bitterly, wow, some nerve he has, being better at even this with adorable eyes, maybe even cuter than mine. But then the guilt sets in. I guess I understand the worry, I wouldn’t want to sit next to the human manifestation of angst either. “Look, you’ll be fine, I won’t hurt you,” too badly, or publicly, “Just, don’t touch my body and you’ll be fine.” Jungkook smiles to Taehyung, he wants to be reassuring without giving Hoseok and Jimin any ideas. Unfortunately he realizes a beat too late that he definitely did. “Wait, no no no! I-“

            “TOUCH MY BODY! BODY!” Hoseok is already belting out. The song is on and the duo is back at the mortifying hip motions before Jungkook can even spell T-R-A-U-M-A. Taehyung joins them as well, beaming after the surprisingly civil exchange with Jungkook. His timing is off, and he doesn’t seem like he quite knows the hand gestures, but he’s so blindingly happy anyway. Jungkook smiles, relishing in watching Taehyung actually being the self-proclaimed terrible dancer he claimed he would be.

            Yoongi turns away from the spectacle to avoid the sound of it, letting out a distressed whine. Jungkook pats Yoongi’s shoulder, “You and me both, buddy.”

 

 

 

Author's note: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I UPDATED ON TIME!!!! VICTORY IS MINE

                                  

                                                             

IT'S PHUCKEN LITTTTTTTTTT YASSSSSSS! (eventhoughnothingexcitinghappenedlol) I hope y'all enjoyed! Grumpy Jungkook is my fave thing if you can't already tell. And now he's gonna have to sit with Taehyung on the plane ride, who knows that Jungkook called him "mild" (thanks Jimin). Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. Feel free to drop some feedback in the comment section below, and subscribe if you want to read more. Thank you for your support last week-i got through most of the tests! :3 take care everyone !