Chapter Fifteen

Maknae vs. Alien

Jungkook’s eyes open when he feels something shaking his right leg. He looks over to see Taehyung kneeling on the bed, looking at him intently. His hair is still wet from his shower, oversized t-shirt so big he’s practically swimming in the material, and eyes wide as he looks at Jungkook. Like this, he looks like some freakish, over-sized child. Ah yes, your true self is finally shown.

“May I…help you?” Jungkook asks, tugging out his earbuds.

“Are you allergic to any of the ingredients of your previous meal?”

Jungkook blinks at him slowly, not understanding why that would be such a  pressing matter, “Uh, no not really?”

Taehyung nods thoughtfully at the new data, and Jungkook half expects him to whip out a clipboard to take notes, “Are you sore from practice?”

Jungkook experimentally shifts his body, rolling his shoulders and flexing his feet, “I feel fine.”

Taehyung claps his hands together and points at Jungkook, “Aha! Is your leg still bothering you?”

Jungkook sighs annoyedly, “Once again, I feel fine. What’s up with the game of twenty questions? I just wanna ing sleep.”

Taehyung’s eyes widen again in guilt, nodding apologetically. He scrambles off the bed and Jungkook thinks he might just get a few moments of peace. But then there’s a hand against his forehead.

He places the earbuds down on the bed in surrender, sighing tremendously. “Why are you touching me?”

“Checking for a fever,” Taehyung says softly, as if this is totally normal. Jungkook wants to break his wrist. He takes a deep breath and counts to ten instead. Taehyung’s hand slides across Jungkook’s forehead, and Jungkook is surprised he doesn’t feel Jungkook’s eyebrows twitching in anger. After a pause, Taehyung speaks again, “Hmm… but you feel fine.”

“Yeah I already ing told you that I feel fine, dip,” Jungkook hisses in exasperation. “Why are you asking all these questions?”

Taehyung finally removes his hand and sits at the foot of the bed in defeat, “I’m worried about you.”

He sounds honestly concerned, and that makes Jungkook relax some, “Why?”

“You’ve been so quiet since we got home. Not that that’s a bad thing,” Taehyung looks to Jungkook, looking so terribly afraid that he just offended him, Jungkook smiles faintly because it’s cute that he cares that much. Taehyung sighs in relief when he sees that Jungkook doesn’t look upset, “It’s just that normally you’ll talk to me, or make faces at me, or even look at me. But I haven’t gotten any of that,” he mumbles, looking at the floor in disappointment.

Jungkook snorts, “I didn’t realize you wanted so much dialogue while I was in the ing shower. Maybe I should set up a chair for you? Or how about you just hop on in and join me?”

Taehyung flushes, holding up his hands in panic, “That’s not what I meant! I just-“

Jungkook laughs at how defensive Taehyung gets, “I know I know, jeez relax. I really feel fine, so you don’t have to worry about my health.” He smiles reassuringly.

But somehow, that seems to only make Taehyung look even sadder, “Okay,” he says softly, “I thought that you were feeling sick, or…” he trails off, scratching at the back of his neck.

“Or?” Jungkook asks after a moment.

Taehyung crawls to the headboard, grabs a pillow and hugs it to his chest. He mumbles something into it.

“What was that last part?” Jungkook asks, almost laughing at the situation.

“Or,” Taehyung says loudly, sitting upright and looking at Jungkook finally, “Or, you were mad at me.”

Jungkook blinks at him.

Taehyung doesn’t take that as a good sign, and he latches onto Jungkook’s arm, “I’m sorry! I don’t know what I did but I’m sorry! I’ve been reviewing the whole day and I can’t figure it out so please please tell me what I did to make you angry! I won’t do it again.”

“Taehyung?”

“Hm?” Taehyung pulls away to look up at Jungkook.

“I’m not mad, but so help me if you do not let go of my arm I’m going to-“

“You’re not mad?” Taehyung asks brightly, mouth already twitching into a smile.

Jungkook chuckles, won’t even let me finish my death threat, only focuses on the positive, how typical. “I’m not mad, however those puns you made…” he looks away to shake his head in disgrace.

Taehyung giggles, now fully at ease, “I can’t help it that I’m Shakespeare incarnate.”

Jungkook holds up a hand, “That is just buffoonery, I wouldn’t go so far as to say you’re-“

“Besides!” Taehyung continues, smiling wide, “Hoseok started it!”

Jungkook bristles at the name. Taehyung sees that, smile immediately dropping, “You’re mad at Hoseok.”

“No I’m not,” Jungkook says calmly.

Taehyung stares at him, not moving and not blinking for a long time. I think there was some kind of glitch in his programming.

Then, he speaks. “You’re jealous of Hoseok.”

Jungkook sputters, “I am not jealous!” He says jealously.

Taehyung is back to his giggling, “Aigoo!” he pinches at Jungkook’s reddening cheeks, “You look so cute when you blush!”

“Good thing I’m not blushing,” Jungkook spits back, blushing furiously. “So hah, the joke’s on you.”

Taehyung doesn’t answer, he’s just rolling around on the bed, clutching his sides and laughing.

this. “Good night,” Jungkook says simply, and he clicks off the light.

There’s some ruffling as Taehyung worms his way under the blankets, then he whispers, “Good night my Kookie-Wookie.”

“If you call me that ever again I swear on all that is holy that you will-hey cut that out!” He slaps away Taehyung’s hand, which had been sneaking over to try to pinch at his cheek again.

“It’s better I pinch at these cheeks than your other pair!” Taehyung jokes, which starts up a new bout of giggles. The noise cuts off after Jungkook kicks his stomach though.

“Good night,” Jungkook repeats, rolling over to face away from Taehyung and get some ing sleep finally.

 

A few hours later, Jungkook is awoken again by the same shaking sensation on his right leg, “What’s wrong? Are we being robbed? Are you a murderer?”

Taehyung snorts in the darkness, “It’s just me.”

Nice job avoiding the question, murderer. Jungkook squints to see the clock. 3:47 AM. “Hnnnnnnmph. Why wake me?” He whines.

“I can’t sleep,” Taehyung whispers. Jungkook rolls his eyes because he can hear the pouting just from his voice.

“So then I can’t sleep either? Is that supposed to be fair?” He snuggles deeper into the blanket, muttering, “ing Code of Hammurabi type bull, no thank you.”

“It’s hard for me to sleep without holding someone,” Taehyung admits quietly.

“You were fine last night!” Jungkook accuses. The clock switches to 3:48 AM. He whimpers.

“I slept fine cause I was so tired from the plane ride, we all were.”

Tired from the plane ride? Bull! You ing slept through it. Don’t lie to me, I was there, okay? I remember.

“Yeah, I slept through the plane ride because I was holding onto you, remember?” Taehyung shoots back. Jungkook has half a mind to whoop his , he has some nerve giving him attitude at this time of the day night.

“Use a pillow,” Jungkook grumbles, nestling more comfortably into his own.

“They don’t work,” Taehyung says softly, and if what he’s saying weren’t so annoying maybe Jungkook would notice how apologetic he sounds about the whole ordeal, “The only other thing that works is my teddy bear, but I don’t have it with me.”

Jungkook starts giggling at that, “Hold on, you still use a teddy bear? Boy, how old are you?”

“Teasing like that is exactly why I didn’t bring him,” Taehyung says, sounding offended. Jungkook feels a little like a . But then the clock is reading 3:51 AM and he remembers what he came here (here = the bed) to do.

“I’m going to sleep, you can hold me if you want,” Jungkook grabs an extra pillow from closer to the headboard and shoves it into Taehyung’s chest, “Here. Hold me.”

“This is a pillow.”

“No, this is me,” Jungkook says back, shoving it harder against Taehyung.

“You’ve gotten so much softer,” Taehyung says sarcastically.

“I put on a little weight,” Jungkook spits back.

“And you don’t have any arms.”

“I cut them off so people wouldn’t notice I gained weight.”

Taehyung starts giggling again at that. Jungkook only grows more frustrated, “Now if you’re done playing Little Red Riding Hood with me, we should go the to sleep.”

“Okay,” Taehyung removes the pillow from his chest and throws it off of the bed, “Come here Jungkook, let’s snuggle.”

Jungkook blinks, shellshocked, “I can not believe that you will throw my defenseless, pudgy body off of the bed and on to the ground, and then demand that I come back and ‘snuggle’ with you. That is so ed up I can not even-“

“Found you!” Taehyung cheers. His arm is suddenly around Jungkook’s-the real Jungkook’s-waist, his head burrowing into Jungkook’s neck happily.

, he found me out. 3:53 AM. Jungkook sighs in defeat.

“We can go to bed now?”

Taehyung only nods, and Jungkook feels his head resting against the back of his own. He almost shudders when he realizes that Taehyung is probably obsessively smelling him again, like he always does.

“And you’ll actually sleep?”

“I will,” Taehyung promises. His voice is slightly raspy, and as low as ever. Jungkook is furious because why does his voice have to sound so y when they’re  positioned like this.

3:54 AM.

But alas, Jungkook just wants to sleep.

“Good night,” he says for the final time, closing his eyes.

“Good night,” Taehyung chirps back, far too awake for the time. He tugs Jungkook a bit closer, whispering, “Looks like I get to be the big spoon, Kookie Wookie.”

And Jungkook would have whooped his into next week if he heard that, but thankfully for Taehyung, he was already fast asleep.

 

 

 

Author's Note: hello hello hello darlings :))))

^me typing this from the depths of the diamond life which is ironically going to be the death of me 

I hope all is well and you're enjoying your lives. I have fallen completely into the Seventeen fandom (I'm a CARAT guys, I know the name now lol) , so I'm pretty focused on that. I am a mess, I am over here scraping the bottom of the rabbit hole lol it's a disgrace. I've adjusted to the summer schedule as well :DD I'm like actually aleeping guys, it's insane. I haven't slept well since way back in the womb pretty much. I hope you're all taking care of yourself and your summer is going super 

^#summergoalsaf

That's all I really have to say for this author's note <3 <3 <3 take care, I love you, I hope you enjoyed the update ( was so fluffy omg and the Big Spoon Debacle has finally revelaed a victor) and if you'd like more feel free to subscribe, comment, and upvote

<3 :) <3 Byeeeeee peace out babes <3 :) <3