Chapter One

Maknae vs. Alien

            “I’m done!” He roars into the practice room.

            His fellow dancers looked over at him, watching in concerned confusion as he tosses his bag on the windowsill and promptly lies on the floor, glaring at the ceiling.

            “Yah! Don’t lay on the floor in your uniform, I haven’t cleaned the floor yet it’ll get dirty!” Jin nagged, coming over to fret over Jungkook’s rapidly wrinkling blazer.

            “Thanks ahjusshi, that’ll TOTALLY solve all my problems,” Jungkook replies dryly, eyes still on the ceiling.

            “He’s just trying to help, Kookie,” Namjoon reprimands gently, browsing through the CDs he stores next to the stereo.

            “Yeah dude, who pissed in your coffee this morning?” Jimin teases, nudging Jungkook with the toe of his sneaker. Jin shoots him a glare and he chuckles.

            “He didn’t piss in my coffee,” Jungkook laughs at the idiom, then wrinkles his nose in disgust, “but with how much of a psycho he is, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.” His eyes jump over to meet Jimin’s and he warns, “Don’t give him any ideas.”

            Jimin’s only response is a mischievous grin and Jungkook narrows his eyes suspiciously, silently cursing his best friend.

            “Get upppp Jungkook, we have to practice,” Hoseok latches onto an ankle and drags Jungkook across the floor.

            Jin lets out a whine of protest, “He’s a fellow student Hoseok, not a mop.”

            “Sorry ahjusshi, just thought I would try to help you clean,” Hoseok jokes, “Jungkook, come on get up.”

            “No.” Jungkook crosses his arm, resuming his angry staring contest with the ceiling.

            “Well guys, time to throw in the towel. If you can’t beat em, join em,” Yoongi says, reclining next to Jungkook and curling to the side with a smile.

            “Aw, you piece of ,” Jimin says laughing, “Get up!”

            “The both of you can’t just lounge around being lazy sacks of potatoes, I need to rehearse!” Hoseok pouts and tugs at Yoongi’s collar.

            “Yah! Stop that!” Yoongi swats at him and rolls to the other side.

            “Make me!”

            “Boys get off the floor and let me clean it if you want to lay down on it so bad, just go practice in the hall or something.”

            “SHUT UP!”

            Everyone turns to Jungkook in shock at the outburst.

            “I’m so ing done. I’m really not in the mood for all this at the moment can I please get some peace and quiet for five god damn seconds so I can calm down? That’s all I ing need but you guys won’t shut up and I seriously can not deal with this right now.” He takes a deep breath after the rant, the only sound in the room.

            On the other side from Yoongi, whose eyes are now wide open in alarm, Jimin kneels by Jungkook’s head, “Kookie,” his voice is soft, “Tell us what’s wrong. Please.”

            Jungkook snorts and turns his head to look at Jimin, “You want to know what’s wrong? Mother ing Kim Taehyung is what’s wrong. Everybody is just going nuts over this kid like he’s the when he’s ing not! He’s just some sideshow freak escaped the looney bin and showing up on our doorstep. He’s a weirdo. He’s a freak. He’s a ing idiot! But ever since he’s shown up here I can’t even hear myself THINK with the way people keep buzzing with his name like some sort of religious chanting exercise or some bull. It’s ing whack, just like him.”

            The group is quiet for a long pause and Jungkook sighs as guilt washes over him. “Guys.” He sits up and peers around apologetically, “I’m sorry about that. I didn’t mean to yell at you or get so angry. It’s just,” he takes a slow breath and shakes his head, “It’s been a really rough day.”

            “That’s okay, it’s important to be honest about your feelings,” Jin smiles and pats Jungkook’s back. Jungkook looks up at him with a grateful smile.

            “Well now that that’s over with,” Jimin began, “I propose that here on out we gossip to our hearts’ content about that new kid Kim Taehyung.”

            “Please, no” Jungkook uttered under his breath.

            “He’s so dreamy!” Hoseok swooned, laughing.

            Jungkook groaned. Namjoon was beginning to laugh, Jin hid a giggle behind his hand.

            “What a hunk!” Jimin cried.

            “Do you want me to rip you limb from limb? Is that what you’re telling me here?” Jungkook asked, looking between the both of them. Everybody was laughing.

            “Sorry Kookie, just teasing,” Jimin said with a barely apologetic smile, “Come on, let’s practice.”

            Hoseok clapped his hands together excitedly and bent to lift Yoongi, who was making small whimper sounds as he bid the floor goodbye. Jungkook got to his feet and glared at Jimin while Jin circled him, dusting at his waist madly and uttering about how this is what started the Black Plague, probably.

            “Hold on!” Namjoon sat on the floor, arms held out in a gesture to hold still, “I have an announcement to make before we start.”

            “What is it?” Hoseok asked, eager as ever.

            “We actually have a new member. I know it’s a little unorthodox to have somebody join after we’ve been together for so long, but I believe he’ll be a very valuable addition to the team. He’s new at this school-“

            “Oh no,” Jungkook whispered, Jimin looked highly amused.

            “So we should work hard to make him feel welcomed. He’s very well trained. He’s actually gotten quite popular in his time here thus far, so it’s possible you might know him.” His eyes flickered to Jungkook on that last part.

            “Don’t say it!” Jungkook pleaded a bit louder now.

            “And. His name. Is…. Drumroll please!” Namjoon stood and everybody (except Jungkook) obediently drummed for dramatic effect, “Kim Taehyung!”

            The room was full of laughter, Namjoon tried to laugh as little as possible as he confirmed that no, it wasn’t a joke; and yes, he would join us for our trip to Los Angeles provided he had the financial capability. Jungkook drowned it all out. He let out a loud groan. Then, much to Jin’s distress, flopped back onto the ground in defeat.

 

 

 

Author's note: AyyyYYYYyY peep that plot development and introduction of the entirety of BTS thoughhhh~~~ Hi guys :) thank you for reading! Feel free to comment with any thoughts on the chapter. Subscribe if you'd like to see how the trip goes (spoiler alert: it's during the trip when ACTUALLY goes down) I'll try to update asap <3 <3 <3 It's super cold where I am right now so I hope you all stay warm and happy and safe :)