Gearing up for Battle

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

Audition Day

You woke up the next morning feeling excited and nervous, finally the day you had been preparing for your whole life was here… Audition Day. You took extra care with your appearance this morning, but didn’t go overboard. You didn’t want to seem desperate.

Deciding to keep it simple you threw on a pair of sleek dark jeans and a fitted plain white T-shirt. It was important not to distract the judges away from what they were supposed to be looking at, your talent. You packed a pair of heels in your bag just in case and slipped on your old, worn sneakers. It was a little upsetting that you didn’t have your full collection of sneakers to choose from, but they were being shipped over and wouldn’t arrive yet for another week.

You headed down the stairs to try and force down a bite to eat. You weren’t sure you were going to be able to eat much of anything until you spied a piping hot plate of fresh Antique cinnamon rolls on the kitchen table. Next to the plate you saw a brightly wrapped package with lame card of a dog giving a thumbs up saying “You can do it!”

You knew immediately who it was from without even having to open it. Your brother was never really good at picking things out to fit the moment, but it still made you smile. You read the note inside.

        Melody-ah,

             I’m not really good at writing these sorts of things as you already know, but I just wanted to do a little something for you on such an important day. I’m proud to have you as my little sister and I respect you for wanting to do this on your own, but don’t forget you have a God of the East for a brother when things get tough.

            I think mom knew that you were meant to be a musician before you even came into this world when she named you Melody. The meaning of your name is proof that you belong in the entertainment world so kick some major today. ok?

           I bought you a little gift to bring you good luck since I can’t be there with you in person, but you better appreciate them because they were expensive!

     Love always,

               Yoochun-oppa

       P.S. you owe me $2,300 for your half of the damages to Antique  : P

You laughed out loud at thelast part. Seriously your brother could be such a dork at times. You snatched up the package and proceeded to rip it open scattering paper all over the floor. Inside of the box was the most beautiful pair of sneakers you had ever seen.

They were the limited edition Jeremy Scott shoes designed exclusively for 2NE1. How your brother managed to get his hands on a pair you didn’t want to know. You immediately placed them in your backpack because you didn’t want to get them dirty while walking to SMent. You slung your bag over your shoulder and headed out the door, but not before you scarfed down 3 giant cinnamon rolls.

You arrived early at SMent and stood outside admiring the intimidating looking building. You took a deep breath and unconsciously rubbed the matching necklace you bought together with your brother for some reassurance.

“Watch out SMent you’re not going to know what hit you!” You yelled at the building before stepping through the automatic doors confidently.

 

 

 

*edited 2/14/12