An Unexpected Friend

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

When you entered the lobby you weren’t prepared for the sight that greeted you. It was absolute chaos. There were people everywhere and it was so loud you doubt the people inside would react to a bomb going off. Deciding to look for the check-in area you began to make your way through the crowd.

The lobby was packed with kids of all ages getting ready for the audition. You could hear the familiar beat of *Boom Boom Pow* as you walked by a group of dancers and you bobbed your head along to the rhythm.  Still searching for the registration table you walked past a group of snotty looking girls warming up their voices and they paused to glare at you. Still feeling irriated by how long it was taking you to find the table you chose to give them the finger along with your brightest smile before completely ignoring them. At least it would give those gossipy girls something to talk about.

You had little patience for girls like that and moved quickly away. Finally spotting the check-in table you made your way towards the end of the line and waited to be called forward.

“Name?” A rather plain looking man in glasses asked.

“Uh Song Melody sir”, you replied.

“ID please?”

Geez could this guy get any more boring, you felt like you were talking to a machine. Never the less you handed over your ID.

“Alright you are all set. Your number is 237. Please wait in the lobby area until your group is called.” He instructed you.

You grabbed your number and started to look for a spot to sit down. Spying a small space next to a cute looking girl playing guitar you slowly worked your way over to her. It was made extremely difficult with how packed it was and you were seriously getting pissed at how long it was taking you to walk such a short distance. Just as you were about to punch somebody in frustration you arrived in front of the girl.

“Mind if I sit down next to you?” you asked politely.

She looked up startled “Of cour-course not, go ri-right ahead,” she said nervously.

You had to admit she was adorable. You smiled at her reassuringly and introduced yourself. “My name’s Song Melody, I just moved here from the states.”

“Melody that’s a pretty name. What’s with your surname though ‘song’ is kind of weird, if you don’t mind me asking?” She said.

“I don’t mind, it’s my mother’s surname. Funny how it worked out with my first name being Melody and all huh?

She chuckled at your comment and introduced herself. “I’m Yi Ji-eun, but people call me IU” she said quietly.

“That’s a pretty unique name too.” You .

You looked at each other and burst into laughter. You had just made your first friend.

“So what group are you in?”

“Group C, I’m number 232.”

“Cool! I’m in group C too. Looks like we will be in the same audition group together!” You said excitedly.

The two of you fell into a comfortable conversation while continuing to prepare for the audition. As you watched the auditions being broadcast on the televisions around the lobby you almost choked when you saw none other than Lee Mi-Na step forward to audition. You never expected to run into the girl from the airport again. As it was you spit water all over your nearest neighbor, who turned to yell at you.

You didn’t notice at all and continued to watch her audition. You kind of secretly hoped she didn’t make it. There was just something off about the girl. You struggled to put your finger on it, but you were quickly distracted when you heard the words “Group C you’re up!”

 

 

 

*Edited 2/15/12