Silent Countdown

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

‘Oh my god, Oh my god, OH MY GOD!’ kept repeating through your head as you sat slumped against the wall. The darkness of the room seemed to be pressing in on you and made it difficult to breathe, which didn’t exactly help considering you were still reeling from your confrontation with Taemin-oppa. One thing for sure though was that today was nothing like what you expected it to be.

Well on the bright side at least today cleaned up some of the matters you were wondering about, like why Taemin had been acting so weird this past week. He'd been giving you strange looks and constantly asking questions for awhile now. Clearly he must’ve been trying to confirm his suspicions. However, his reaction to knowing the truth was a puzzle. Most people would’ve been angry and hurt at being lied to, however Taemin seemed almost excited at the prospect of you being his ‘mystery molester’.

Leaning your head back against the mirror you closed your eyes and decided to put voice to your thoughts hoping that would clear some of the fog from your mind.

“Okay so he doesn’t seem too mad, but then why would he be excited and how did he even find out in the first place?”

You stood up and began pacing the room in irritation as your mind ran in circles around all the facts. Taemin asking you about wearing baseball caps and bumping into Key while wearing one. Taemin staring at you while you danced. The way he always seemed to pop up whenever you needed someone. Sending shivers down your spine when he held your necklace. .. You froze mid-step and looked at your reflection in the mirror noticing for the first time that your necklace was visible. It was typically hidden beneath your baggy t-shirts and hoodies.

“Of course… he must’ve recognized me because of my necklace.”

He most likely saw it at the airport and put the connection together after he saw my brother’s. Which left only one more question to answer, why did he react the way he did? Resuming your pacing you began to talk it out again to the empty room.

“Is he just sadistic and wants to torture me like this?” you asked yourself. Even though Taemin sometimes had an evil streak that doesn’t quite explain his behavior. Obviously he was enjoying playing with you, but why?  Stopping once again you tilted your head to side. “Unless… but no that can’t possibly be it.” You quickly voiced your denial before resuming your line of thought.

“Unless he likes me and I apparently made quite an impression at the airport…”

Just at that moment IU and Hara burst in with impeccable timing as per usual.

“Unless who likes you?” Hara interrupted. “And what was that about an airport? And why in the heck are pacing in a dark dance studio talking to yourself? Have you finally lost it?”

Startled you jumped. “Ahhh! Don’t scare me like that and NO I am not insane ok? I just have a lot on my mind”

“Fine! Sorry for scaring you, but don’t think for a second that your distraction techniques will work. Maybe we can help you if you let us know what it is that is bothering you so much.”

You looked between the two of them noticing that even in the darkness their eyes were saying they weren’t going to back down.

“Ugh… fine I’ll tell you, but it is kind of a long story.”

The three of you sat down in the chairs lining one of the walls while you filled them in on all the recent developments. They both sat through it patiently not wanting to break your train of thoughts though by the way Hara kept fidgeting she obviously had a few questions. When you finally finished they both looked stunned.

“So let me get this right. Upon being in the country for less than 30 minutes you managed to run into Shinee, get chased by a mob, and meet the psychopath Mi-Na.” Hara asked incredulously.

Shrugging your shoulders and giving her one of your half smiles you replied with a simple “That about sums it up.”

“Unbelievable. You seriously have the devil’s luck girl.”

You smiled even wider and winked. “What can I say? I’m one ‘lucky’ girl I guess, though who is to say what kind of luck I’ve got.”

“True enough… you might actually have fantastic luck seeing as how that whole incident helped you capture the attention of one of the greatest heart-throbs of our generation.” Hara replied.

“So you think Melody was right and that he really was just glad his mystery girl turned out to be her?” IU piped in.

There was a long pause before Hara answered. “I can’t say for sure, but there is a good chance that he was captivated by her at the airport and was happy to have the fortune of running into her again. I mean think about it? There are millions of people in Korea. What are the chances of reuniting with a stranger you bump into again?”

“Not very likely…” You said quietly.

“Wow realy Mel? ‘Not very likely’ try more like miniscule. You would have a better chance at winning the lottery one would think.” Hara responded sarcastically.

You mumbled “Wow no need to snap at me…”

IU choosing now to play at being completely clueless spoke up. “What was that Mel?”

You glared at her. “Nothing.”

“Ahem…” Hara cleared . “Let’s get back on task shall we. So you have to reply to him when again?”

“In a week.”

“Well at least you have some time to come up with a response.” IU said always being the optimist.

You just grunted in response. A week didn’t sound very long to you.

“Don’t worry we won’t leave you alone. We’ll try to do some digging around and see if we can find anything helpful okay?”

“Ok thanks.”

Having finished your discussion the three of you decided to head home.  None of you wanted to linger at the company longer than necessary seeing as how you already spend so much time there as it is.

Laying in your bed that night you started a mental countdown to Taemin’s return, which would now be known as Doomsday.

“Only 7 more days…” you whispered to your teddy bear before hugging it and falling asleep.

The rest of the week passed by quickly in a blur of evaluations before it was finally the weekend, most of which was spent practicing in an attempt to clear your mind. Dancing was one of the things you liked to do most when you were stressed; it helped you work it off. Almost too soon it was Sunday night and Taemin’s return was tomorrow. Hara was unable to uncover anything useful and that night you fell into a fitful sleep. You dreamed about a giant lion hunting you and just as he was about to pounce in for the kill you bolted up in bed wide awake and drenched in sweat.

Doomsday had finally arrived. 

 

 

 

A/N: Yay new chapter. Today will most likely be a double update because I hate to leave you hanging. This just seemed like a good spot to cut off the chapter. As always let me know what you think and look forward to another chapter later today.    :)