Filming

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

Your POV

“I’m really regretting all that water I drank earlier.” You complained while crossing your legs. The five of you were currently in the middle of shooting the music video for the title track ‘limitless’ in addition to your individual teasers. Unfortunately your outfit consisted of a pair of very tight black leather pants, which were nearly impossible to remove without help, definitely a dilemma.

“I warned you.” Ailee replied.

Giving her a brief glare you gestured at the convenient dress she was wearing. “Well not all of us can have the afforded luxury of comfort it seems.”

“Don’t blame me. The stylists are the ones that chose our outfits remember. Besides if I had your legs believe me I’d be in pants like that too.”

“Uhh thanks I guess, but that still doesn’t solve my problem.” You began. “And anyway your curves are to die for. I swear if you dressed me up in boy clothes no one would be able to tell that I was a girl with my nonexistent hips.”

“Awww you’d make a cute boy. I might even date you.” She teased before she broke into laughter no doubt picturing you dressed up as a boy.

Hara chose that moment to join you. “Ok what did I miss?” She asked after seeing Ailee laughing hysterically.

Stubbornly you remained silent forcing her to look to Ailee for answers.

“I’m laughing because number one Mel has to go to the bathroom, but her pants are too tight not to be a hindrance and number two because Mel made a comment about how she’d look like a boy if it weren’t for her girly clothes.” Ailee finally explained once she got herself under control.

Hara rolled her eyes. “Honestly Melody I sometimes question whether we chose you as leader so you could look after us or so that we could keep a better eye on you.” She then grabbed your hand pulling you up from the chair. “Come on I’ll help you get out of those pants before you manage to do something else ridiculous.”

An embarrassing 15 minutes later and you were finally able to breathe without having to worry about whether you’d pee your pants or not. Walking onto the set you quickly realized that everyone was waiting for the two of you.

“Where did you wander off to? We’ve been waiting.” One of the staff scolded.

Hara was about to answer when you put your hand over causing Ailee to stifle her knowing giggles.

“We-uh-had to use the restroom.” You answered vaguely.

“Well come on then, there are a lot of scenes we need to film before the natural light is gone.” The Director dismissed your tardiness, but judging by the look in your manager’s eyes there’d be a punishment later.

Regardless it was time to get to work. The visual concept was meant to reflect the song’s title ‘limitless’ thus there were a multitude of sets for each of you. The idea was to showcase the infinite amount of possibilities life has to offer and encourage people to go after their dreams. You wanted people to be able to listen to the song and realize that only they themselves have the right to decide their own fate.

Each of you was set to film your individual teasers first before starting on the music video itself. Overall the filming was supposed to take about five days if you managed to avoid any major problems. Sleeping wasn’t really an option if you wanted to get it done in time so needless to say it was going to be a couple of long days.

Nervously you a strand of your recently dyed hair. It was an edgy dark red color that in certain lights looked like a chocolate brown and in others like it was on fire. The effect was pretty cool you had to admit. All of the other members had a similar concept of subtle vibrant colors in their hair as well. IU’s hair was chopped to mid length and was a dark black with a tint of blue when the light hit it. Hara’s had purple underneath a rich auburn color, while Ailee’s hair was a light brown with hints of orange. Mi-Na’s had an ombre effect where it started out dark on top and faded to a lighter color on the bottom. Everyone looked gorgeous, though it was taking some major getting used to after years of never dying your hair. It was a bold change.

“Melody you’re up.”

You gulped anxiously. “Already?”

“Go on you’ll be fine.” Ailee comforted you.

Hesitantly you stepped onto your own personal set which was a sleek cityscape complete with cast extras and a short road. Your character was supposed to be a thrill seeker, someone who wasn’t afraid to take risks. Since the driving age in the states is 16 you already had your license, however the vehicle that greeted you wasn’t anything like you’ve driven before. In fact it wasn’t even a car. It was a crotch rocket motorcycle.

“Uh… Director I don’t…” You began to protest nervously.

“Relax Mel it’s situated on a track. All you have to do is sit on it and act like you’re maneuvering it. We will take care of the rest.” He quickly reassured.

You let out a sigh of relief. “Oh thank goodness.”

“Ok so here is what we need you to do…” The director began to explain.

You listened carefully as he informed you of each safety precaution and the little details necessary before starting to film. Once you had it down enough to repeat it back to him verbally you performed several walk-thrus. Eventually there was no putting it off any longer and you sat still as several stylists put the finishing touches to your hair/makeup. Zipping up your matching leather jacket you turned to stare directly into camera number 2 and waited for the signal to begin.

“Quiet on the set!” someone yelled right before the cue snapped shut.

The actual filming felt like it took less time than the explanation of it. One minute you were staring into the camera and the next people were shouting ‘good work’.  Numbly you thanked everyone and returned to your teammates.

“Ouch!” You squeaked as Hara yanked on your hair.

“Wow your hair is in complete tangles.” Hara observed.

You gently slapped her hand away. “Duh probably from the wind machine they used to make it look like I was actually moving.”

“That’s so cool!” Hara exclaimed. “I’m so jealous! All I got was some flashy lighting.”

And so just like that the individual teasers were successfully filmed and it was time for another painful round of getting re-beautified for the MV shooting and the endless meeting where the storyline would be presented.

“Ok every one great work earlier.” The director started by congratulating the room. “Now it’s time for the real project to begin.”

A murmur of excitement went around the room.

“Each of you will be in a different situation during which you will ‘daydream’. For example Hara will be a regular coffee shop cashier, when she will begin to imagine herself as a successful fashion designer. That will cue the scene change to another member in a similar situation. The fantasies will be related to your individual teasers. That will be the intro when the acoustic music is playing. Once the beat picks up we will switch to the group dance scenes on several different sets. The last shots will consist of the so called ‘daydreams’ become reality, rather than only being just imagination. Is that agreeable?” He asked giving everyone in the room a chance to protest if they desired. No one did. “Great. Each of you girls will find a folder with your own personal story line along with the film schedule for the next four days. You can read it over while you are in hair and make-up.”

“Apparently that is our dismissal.” You whispered quietly to Ailee, who passed the message along to the rest of the girls. The five of you silently made your way out and back to the torture chamber that was hair and makeup.

It was almost two hours later before they finally released you.

“So what’d you get?” Hara asked.

“I’m a delivery girl, who gets to ride a little motor scooter around. My dream is to be a professional motorcycle racer or something like that.” You explained.

“Oh I was wondering why you looked so frumpy.”

“Hey!” You hit her playfully. “I do not look that bad. They just didn’t bother to do much with my hair because it’s just going to go under a helmet anyways.”

“So then what in the heck did they do for two hours?”

“Ughhh they untangled my hair the slow way rather than just re-wash and condition it. I guess they were afraid of the added effects of shampoo chemicals and blow-dryer heat on the color.”

“Gotcha.” She replied. “I suppose that makes sense. By the way you don’t start filming for at least another hour or so, why don’t you call Taemin-oppa?”

“Why would I do that?” You asked. “And why do you look so guilty?”

Hara began to back away. “I may or may not have sent Taemin a picture of you in that all leather motorcycle outfit from earlier.”

“Hara!”

Unfortunately before you could grab her she successfully managed to evade you thanks to the camera crew filming the backstage process.

“Seriously I have the craziest friends.” You muttered under your breath before reluctantly grabbing your recently returned phone and calling the familiar number. The ringtone sounded abnormally loud as you nervously waited to see if he would answer.

“Hello?” A rough voice on the other line answered.

“Uh Hello is this Taemin-oppa?”

“Yes. To whom am I speaking?”

You blushed. “Oh this is Melody. I forgot you wouldn’t have my new number.”

“Mel! I’m glad you called.” He said much more enthusiastically than earlier. “How is filming going?”

“Good. It’s tiring, but the whole process is fascinating. I hate hair and makeup though!”

He laughed causing you to smile. “Yeah they can be pretty brutal sometimes; it helps to remember that they are just doing their job. Besides they did an awesome job with your look for the teaser.”

Embarassed that he’d seen you in you all leather get up it took you a few moments to answer. You cleared your throat to clear up the awkwardness. “Ah yes that was definitely a very different look for me.”

“You looked good Mel. I know it will probably take you a lot of time to get used to all the attention and criticism, but honestly you will be fine. Stop worrying so much.”

“I’ll try.” You replied.

“I know you will.”

“I’m glad I called. You always know what to say to me.”

He chuckled. “It comes from having years of experience in the not always bright entertainment world.”

“Well regardless. Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. I hate to cut our conversation short, but we are about to walk into the radio station.”

Frantic you quickly tried to apologize. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry. You shouldn’t have answered if you were so busy.”

“Relax Mel, deep breaths you’re fine. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok by oppa.”

Reluctantly you hung up the phone and turned to find Hara smiling at you knowingly.

“Told ya you should call him.” She bragged. “Obviously it helped you release some of that tension you had piling up.”

“Know it all!” You complained.

“What can I say? I’m psychic.” She gently grabbed your arm. “Now come on we got a badass mv to film.”

 

 

 

A/N: Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I've been away for so long. I recently started back up with college and have been super duper busy. Regardless a thousand apologies. Thank you so much for sticking with me despite my less than stellar updates. As always comments are greatly appreciated. If you have a chance check out my other story 'not your average princess.' It's very different than what I normally write. -Sarah