Reunited at Last

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

 

The next morning

~I DON’T CARE-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH, I DON’T CARE-EH-EH-EH-EH-EH , Boy I don’t care~ your alarm went off waking you at precisely at 5 am.

 You were about to press the snooze button, but then you remembered your brother’s text message about punishing you if you were late. Plus you had to run to the convenience store before he picked you up.

You rubbed the sleep from your eyes as you opened up your laptop and checked out the latest news on allkpop. You smiled to yourself as you read the number one story of the day “Mystery fan girl harasses Shinee’s Taemin at Seoul International Airport”. The following 3 stories were also about your encounter at the airport only with varying titles and opinions. You read them quickly and printed out the best one. You then checked youtube and facebook. Sure enough there were hundreds of fancams capturing the moment, however none had a good view of your face.

There was only one other person besides your aunt who could identify you and that was Lee Mi-Na the wierd fangirl who pulled you into the storage closet. You still couldn’t figure out why she helped you, but considering that she hadn't gone running to the tabloids yet then she probably never would.

You quickly hopped in the shower and washed the rest of your grogginess away. Wearing a simple pair of dark skinny jeans and T-shirt you grabbed your favorite hoody on your way out the door. It was the one your brother bought you for your last birthday..

You left the house and headed towards the corner store stopping along the way to pick up a quick caramel latte from Starbucks. Thank god Starbucks is an international company you thought.

Keeping an eye on the time you finally arrived at the corner store immediately searching for the local papers and magazines section. Satisified with your selections you paid at the register and ran the rest of the way home. You only had 10 minutes until Yoochun-oppa would get to your Aunt's house. There was just enough time to put your plan into action.

The plan was based on an old tradition of you and your brother. Every morning the both of you would search the local newspapers and tabloids looking for the funniest article. Whoever picked the best one would then get out of having to do the dishes.

You worked quickly, cutting and pasting the airport articles into today’s paper. Checking over your work you smiled and whispered. “Perfect." You heard a car honk and you went to your window to see who it was. Of course it was your lazy brother. Seriously he couldn’t get his out of the car, walk the few feet to the front door, and knock like a normal person? How you guys were related was beyond you, the only thing you acknowledged that you have in common was your passion for music.

Grabbing up your masterpiece you headed down to the car before your brother woke up the whole neighborhood. As you climbed in the car you gave your brother a quick once over. Had he gotten more handsome? Were those dark circles under his eyes? Had he lost weight?

Even though you argued a lot it was mostly just teasing and a way of showing affection. You sincerely cared about him a lot and ever since he left to pursue his music you worried constantly over his health.

Before you could ask him how he was doing he pulled you into a hug. It was a little awkward considering you were both sitting in the car, but it felt good to be able to be with him again. Unfortunately the lack of sleep and time away from him made you a little emotionally unstable and you to burst into tears.

Yoochun didn’t know what to do. He was certainly skilled at melting the hearts of females everywhere, but he was never very good at dealing with your tears. “Wh-wh-what’s wrong? Did I do something?” he stuttered.

You couldn’t help but laugh at how flustered he became and then you laughed even harder when you saw his face. He was wearing such an adorable confused face that it took you a few minutes to get your laugher under control and even then you were still smiling. Ah how you missed being around him. It took you awhile to convince him you were fine and not going crazy before heading to your favorite breakfast place from when you were kids, Antique Bakery. Sure it was a little small and the workers were kind of strange, but the place had character.

You made sure to go early enough in order so your brother could eat in peace without being constantly observed by his fans.

You both laughed when you walked in and saw the chaos happening inside. They were busy getting ready to open and things were hectic to say the least. One thing was for sure, some things never change. You were distracted when the chef came out to great you personally.

You waved at him and greeted him with a quick bow. “Hello Seon Woo-oppa, it’s been a very long time” you said cutely while giving him your trademark mischievous smile.

“Melody-ah I should’ve known it was you, only you would dare greet me with such cheekiness” he replied.

“So this young man must be Yoochun your older brother since he would never dare let you go out with another boy unless he was with you. So overprotective, but then again I don’t blame him seeing what a beautiful young lady you’ve turned into.” He gave you an appraising look.

You blushed under his scrutiny, even though you knew he was gay, he was still a hot guy.

Before you could get any redder he continued speaking. “So how long are you visiting for or have you moved back?”

 Mom and I are moving here to help support Oppa so hopefully we will be staying for a long time. Oh! I’m also planning on going to the open audition at SMent in order to be taken on as a trainee”

They both stared at you with their mouths open in disbelief. You could tell your brother was getting worked up so before he could explode you chose to use the diversion tactic and asked to be shown to your usual table. Your plan worked, the argument was put off for a short moment as Seon Woo-oppa led you to the table himself.

When you were seated you pretended to be very interested in the wallpaper in an attempt to let your brother organize his thoughts. Once Yoochun had calmed down enough, he gave you a good hard look.

“Melody when did you start to think about doing all this?”

“Since before you left. The only thing I was still deciding on was which company to join, but once you signed with SMent I made my final decision. I sent them a demo tape and my profile. They then invited me to participate in the next round of open auditions.” It was hard for you to see his reaction because he had his face mostly hidden behind the menu. "I also want you to know that I used mom’s maiden name so that they wouldn’t know about our relationship. I don’t want any favoritism just because I'm your younger sister.”

He blinked at you in surprise and remained quiet for a few minutes before speaking. It felt like the silence lasted for a long time, but you knew it was only because you were nervous about what he would say.

“Alright you can do the audition.” He conceded as he gently placed the menu down on the tabletop. “I can tell you’ve put a lot of thought into this, just don’t come crying to me if you don’t make it. Araso?”

You jumped up from your seat reached across to table to give him a big kiss. In your excitement you almost knocked over your cup of tea. The celbration was shortly interrupted with the arrival of Seon Woo-oppa. He was carrying 2 plates of the most delicious looking cinnamon rolls ever!

Before they reached the table clumsy Soo Yeong-oppa came barreling in trying to take the tray, but only succeeded in knocking the both of them right into Yoochun-oppa. The result was hilarious. All three of them were completely covered in the sticky icing from the cinnamon rolls.

You tried not to laugh as Seon Woo was scolding Soo Yeong, who was at the same time rantically trying to wipe off Yoochun’s face. However you couldn’t hold it in anymore when the frosting dripped from your brother's nose right onto his designer jeans.

Seeing all this craziness reminded you of your own ingenious plan to get revenge. You were debating whether the cinnamon roll to the face was enough and were about to let him off the hook, until he decided you also needed a frosting facial.

By the time everything was settled down you found yourself back at your Aunt's and your own plan completely forgotten in the wake of your epic frosting fight. Thank goodness Oppa makes a lot of money because I’m pretty sure Seon Woo-oppa is going to need quite a bit of money to fix the damage we caused. Just remembering sent you into another fit of laughter.

You figured it was probably better he didn’t know about you meeting Taemin anyways, especially because he was a part of the same company. Though you would’ve loved to see your brother’s face when he found the article you cleverly glued into his newspaper. Oh well... you had other things to worry about, like the audition in 2 days.

The next two days passed by quickly in a flurry of dance and vocal practices. You spent every waking minute conditioning yourself in the hopes of passing the audition. Yoochun-oppa stopped by when he could to help, which wasn’t very often, but you gained strength from his presence. The night before the audition you sent up a silent prayer for your success and for things to go smoothly. However we know things in real life rarely go as planned.

 

 

 

I recently fell in love with the movie Antique and was inspired to give them a guest appearance in my fan fiction hope you liked it. 

*edited 2/14/12