CH 14

Reunited
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Just one more chapter for the end!  After this, I will update my other stories TvT I´d appreciate your comments...*

 

14   

It was dark when Siwon pulled the rental truck into the driveway at home. He was tired as hell. All he wanted to do was crawl into bed with Kyuhyun, make out with him. He had made this trip much faster than he should have, just wanting to be home.

As soon as he pulled to a stop, he noticed the house was dark and Kyuhyun´s car was gone. Before he could put much thought into it, Siwon´s cell rang. He almost didn´t answer Eddie´s call but then…what if something happened to his sister?

“Hello?”

“Where are you?” – they were the first words out of Eddie´s mouth.

“I´m at home. What´s wrong?” – Siwon´s gut cramped. Something had happened.

“I´m with Benny. We are going to come get you, okay? You stay tight there. We are on our way”

The cramp became a fist, squeezing the life out of him. There was only one thing that would make Eddie sound like that.

“Where is he?” – his voice in panic.

Eddie cursed.

“Wait for us and we will drive you”

“Where the is he, Eddie?” – Siwon´s hands shook.

“There was a fire – Eddie told him – He´s okay. It took Benny forever o find me. No one had your number or we would have called you earlier”

Siwon´s whole universe rocked. Fire.

“Tell me where he is. Now!”

Eddie cursed again before giving him the name of a local hospital. Siwon ended the call the second he had information. It took him just some minutes to get to the hospital. Benny and Eddie were already standing outside when he got there.

“I told him not to go in. he was on his way to his uncle´s. we were on the phone and he saw it” – Benny explained. All Siwon cared about was getting to Kyuhyun.

“What room?”

Benny paused before replying: “ICU”

Siwon gulped. His body shook.

The two men followed him, as they ran for the intensive care unit. Double doors blocked the entrance. Siwon went straight for the nurse´s station.

“Cho Kyuhyun – his voice cracked – I need to see him”

“We only allow two visitors at a time, and there are already two people back there”

Siwon´s body tensed as he gripped the counter.

“I need to see him. How is he? What happened?”

He couldn´t lose Kyuhyun. Not again. Not permanently.

“Are you family?” – the nurse asked.

Eddie and Benny both groaned beside him.

He is the only family I have. I love him.

“He is my partner”

Her eyes widened, before she smiled kindly at him.

“Let me call back there and let them know you are here”

Siwon´s feet wouldn´t keep still as he paced in front of the nurses station.

“What do you know?”

It was Benny who spoke.

“He saved a kid. He ran into that house and saved a little boy”

And as scared and angry as he was, there was pride there too. That was his guy. He expected nothing less of Kyuhyun.

“Just as he got the kid out. We don´t know if something hit him and then the floor collapsed, or how it went down. He´s got a puncture wound where a piece of metal went through his shoulder. He was knocked out, and there is obviously worries because of smoke inhalation”

When he heard the phone click behind him, Siwon turned back to the nurse. The way her eyes looked at him told him everything. They weren´t going to let him see Kyuhyun.

“No one is stopping me from getting through those doors” – he told her. As he did they slid open, Kyuhyun´s aunt and uncle stepped out.

Thank God. Siwon rushed over them.

“Is he okay? They won´t let me see him” – Siwon said and reached for Kyuhyun´s aunt, but she looked away.

“What the hell are you doing here?” – Kyuhyun´s uncle growled.

And that´s when he knew. Things hadn´t gone well when Kyuhyun told them.

“Listen, I know you might not agree with things between Kyu and me, but now is not the time. We need to be here for him”

“His family needs to be here for him, and we are” – the uncle replied.

No matter what they thought, Kyuhyun was his family. Eddie´s hand came down on Siwon´s shoulder. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself.

“He will want me there. I know this has to be confusing for you guys. I understand that, but I love him and he loves me. I can promise you he will want me in that room with him”

Kyuhyun´s aunt gasped, leaning on the wall for support. Kyuhyun´s uncle turned to ice.

“There is nothing I wouldn´t do for him. You might not like it but he feels the same way about me – then he realized Kyuhyun never made it there. They had said he saw the fire on his way. Damn, this was a hard time for them to find something like this out but there was nothing to do about it now – He was going to tell you today”

“Today, huh? You lying piece of . You show up, out of the blue and tell me my nephew is in love with you? You haven´t talked to Kyuhyun in seventeen years! How the hell did you know what happened? What makes you want to push your way into that rom the way your whole damn family shoved their way into our lives all those years ago?”

“Now, wait a minute” – Benny stepped forward but Siwon grabbed him.

They didn´t know. They didn´t even know Siwon had come back. Why wouldn´t Kyuhyun have told them that much?

“You didn´t know I was here? That I´ve been living with Kyuhyun for months?”

Kyuhyun had said his aunt wanted to see him. He looked at his aunt, hoping to see knowledge there, but she looked just as taken aback as his uncle. Kyuhyun had lied to him. He had even taken their friendship hidden, just like Luc had.

“Whatever you thought was going on between my nephew and yourself, you are wrong about. I won´t let you try to ruin his life like…”

“Honey! – Kyuhyun´s aunt cut him off – It wasn´t his fault. Siwon was his best friend”

“I´m in love with him!” – Siwon yelled. He didn´t give a what any of them said. Even as angry as he was at Kyuhyun, he wasn´t leaving this hospital without seeing him.

Siwon went straight for the doors. Kyuhyun´s uncle tried to stop him, a look of disgust on his face. The aunt was crying, a hand covering .

Siwon needed to see Kyuhyun.

Before he could get a chance to do anything, security grabbed him. He hadn´t even realized they were there. His muscles tightened, his chest ached.

Both Eddie and Benny started yelling, trying to defend him.

But none of it mattered. Siwon wasn´t family. Siwon wasn´t even officially Kyuhyun´s partner.

Security escorted him from the building. He felt like he was dying, his breath cut off. None of it mattered to them. There wasn´t a damn thing Siwon could do about it.

oOo

“Still no luck?” – Siwon asked Benny, as the other man approached him.

It had been two days since Kyuhyun´s accident. He came back every day but they wouldn´t let him in. they didn´t transfer calls through, and no one answered Kyuhyun´s cell. It was killing him.

No matter what happened between him and Kyuhyun, he couldn´t walk away without seeing him. Without witnessing with his own eyes, that he was okay. He had been f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter