Good Intentions?

Drunken Decisions Are Jjang! (HIATUS)

 

 

Within the day, Chanyeol managed to pack their bags, get Baekhyun a passport, and announce that they’ll be leaving for Korea tomorrow.

 

Baekhyun had no qualms about it. Maybe he can start anew in Korea. Maybe this is his chance to create a life for himself. Nothing binds him to this place anyway.

 

Chanyeol has been on the phone all day talking to various people. Giving orders, instructions, sarcastic comments when it seems like he’s been asked twice. And Baekhyun admired it. How can someone as young as Chanyeol be that powerful. And he said he’s just a bastard son. Plus, this is just on the phone. Baekhyun shivered just imagining the tall man giving out those orders in person.

 

It was all fine and dandy until Chanyeol’s last call, where from authoritative and commanding, Chanyeol turned into a baby. Something Baekhyun hasn’t witnessed directed at anyone but him and somehow, for some reason, it irks him.

 

“Kyungsoo yah~ Kyungsoo yah~”

 

Chanyeol keeps on repeating and will laugh and call once again once the Kyungsoo-yah ends the call without seeming to say anything.

 

Chanyeol is laughing now again. His thumb pressing on the call icon for the nth time and Baekhyun’s had enough.

 

“Can you shut up? If that person doesn’t want to talk to you then just let whoever that is be! God!”

 

Chanyeol just shrugged. A fond smile on his face. “I just like annoying him.”

 

Baekhyun felt his blood rise at the sight and his lips thinned. “Well you’re annoying me too in the process and one more call, I swear I’ll strangle you. My god, if you’re so bored then you can just talk to me. I’ll even pretend to listen.”

 

Chanyeol slowly looked at him and blink clueless. Really, he should stop with the staring thing he seems to always do. It does something to Baekhyun he doesn’t like, what with those big puppy eyes that seems to search his soul.

 

And then the tall infuriating man smirked infuriatingly. “Aw.. you should’ve just told me you wanted my attention, Baek.”

 

“It’s not-“

 

“If you were really my husband, I’d think you were jealous.”

 

And that’s another thing. Baekhyun is not jealous. It’s just that Chanyeol is confusing. One minute, he’s all over him calling him love, Mr. Park, Babe, Baekkie… And then another, he’s like this. Implying that they’re not husbands for real. It messes up with Baekhyun’s head, adding to his annoyance. Does Chanyeol think they’re really married or not?

 

Not that it matters.

 

But still he can’t help grumbling to himself, “I thought you thought I’m really your husband. We even got the pictures and everything.”

 

Chanyeol finally put his phone down and walked slowly towards where he’s sitting, deliberately leaning down and trapping him, staring straight into his eyes. “Well… shall we start doing what husbands do, Mr. Park Baekhyun?”

 

It’s all too easy for Baekhyun to ignore the slamming of his heart on his chest because of the tall man’s deep voice when he’s this annoyed. He pushed Chanyeol’s face away from him.

 

Baekhyun stood up, irritated. “Now I’m Mr. Park again,” he mumbled through gritted teeth. And then louder, “Just go back to your Kyungsoo yah!” And then he walked out in a manly manner. He’s not stomping his feet at all like a child.

 

Chanyeol is left there staring at the slammed door. His brain is still processing the way Baekhyun is definitely stomping his feet as he walked away like a kid refused of candy. Then his eyebrows shot up, his lips forming a wide smile as it finally registered on him.

 

Baekhyun is really jealous.

 

 

 

Baekhyun refused to talk to Chanyeol even as they’re on the plane the following day ready to go back to Korea.

 

Chanyeol still can’t help but frown at Baekhyun’s back even if he already get Baekhyun’s point- It’s not nice to be ignored.

 

Baekhyun reclined his seat almost all the way back rolling over so he’s facing away from Chanyeol, taking advantage of the spacious First Class seat on the plane.

 

He felt a poke on his back. He ignored it.

 

Another poke. Baekhyun closed his eyes calmly.

 

Another poke. He scrunched his eyes shut, trying to be calm.

 

Another poke. He reached back to blindly slap Chanyeol’s hand away to no success.

 

Another poke. “Can you stop-“ Chanyeol’s finger directly meets his cheek when he finally turned, the giant grinning like he won.

 

Ugh.

 

Chanyeol faced him. “Look. I get it now, okay? I didn’t mean to be annoying yesterday so stop ignoring me now, Baek.”

 

How dare this giant piece of trash pout at him like it’s cute.

 

“I’m not ignoring you.” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at this and Baekhyun pushed his face. “Okay I was, because you’re annoying. Admit it.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, held Baekhyun’s hand to remove it from his face. “Yes I admit it. But only because you’re cute when you’re blushing.”

 

Baekhyun is not blushing. He’s sure. And his heart is not pounding because Chanyeol is still holding his hand.

 

Argh. This has got to stop.

 

“Stop it Chanyeol.” He said seriously now, prying his hand from Chanyeol.

 

The tall man turned serious at that too. His eyes searching Baekhyun’s face. “Okay. What’s the problem Baek?”

 

Baekhyun sighed, leaning back on his seat and closing his eyes. “Nothing,” he said lowly. “Just… nervous, I guess. Nervous about… going back.”

 

Nervous that once they’re there, Chanyeol will ignore him too. Baekhyun realized that yesterday when he walked out of the room and went to walk around. After all, who is Baekhyun? Someone Chanyeol married in a fit of craziness while he’s drunk and saved from his evil aunt. Chanyeol’s done so much for him already. It’s not right for him to continue letting Chanyeol act like he’s his responsibility.

 

But Chanyeol, ever sure and confident, just rolled his eyes and flicked Baekhyun’s nose. “Stop being so dramatic, Baekhyun. What, do you think I‘m just going to leave you once we’re there-“

 

“You should.”

 

“-and get you lost?” Chanyeol continued, ignoring him. “Not like it wouldn’t make sense, because let’s face it Baekhyunnie- you’re a lost puppy. But your cute lost puppy self is now my husband right? That’s like equivalent to me adopting you so you’re mine. I don’t let what’s mine get lost. So stop worrying and stop ignoring me and let’s proceed from here on like the newly married couple that we are. Here, I bought you this nice star sunglasses as a souvenir for Las Vegas while you were busy ignoring me.” And then the tall dumb proceeded to place it on him.

 

Chanyeol just compared him to a ing puppy. Chanyeol with his big ears wide eyes and floppy hair who looks like a ing golden retriever, just compared HIM to a puppy. Plus he’s pretty sure he looks stupid with this big star shaped sunglasses. And he should be mad, should be somewhat offended that Chanyeol just laughed on all of his worries. But all that registered on his stupid brain is Chanyeol calling him mine. Like finally there’s someone who’s willing to take Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun shook his head. Maybe he’s really a lost puppy for thinking this way, and maybe Chanyeol will change his mind again about this marriage thing, but maybe he can enjoy it? Take advantage of it while it lasts.

 

There’s something tickling in his heart at the thought that this means Chanyeol is his too, technically, right?

 

Chanyeol smiled wide, looking at him. “Ah, the star shape really fits you perfectly, Baekhyun-ah! Aish, I really have good taste.”

 

The little something that’s tickling his heart grew into something like sparks, glowing and crackling and warm. And Baekhyun laughed, because it feels a lot like happiness.

 

 

 

 

Kris didn’t even ask about Chanyeol’s expenses during his stay in Las Vegas, when they meet in the Wu’s large mansion, Baekhyun’s eyes wide beside him taking in the posh living room. And it was so hard to spend all that Million dollars, dammit.

 

Chanyeol learned, from staying with his father’s family, that the Wu’s money is very hard to spend.

 

Kris is kind, quiet, intimidating. It’s also obvious that he’s quite fond of Chanyeol. Chanyeol even thinks that in another life, where Kris is not his half brother, they could’ve been friends.

 

But as it is, they ARE half brothers. So of course Kris had to be a jerk as soon as Chanyeol walks in the door.

 

“Welcome back, dear brother. I didn’t think you’d come back this early. I thought you said when you come back we’d be poor? Our bank account didn’t even notice your absence.” Kris walked towards Chanyeol and pat his shoulder. “But good thing you’re here. I was just starting to miss you.”

 

Chanyeol took a step back, still holding Baekhyun’s hand. God, this guy thinks he’s so cool. Does he realize he sounds like a needy girlfriend? Chanyeol shivered in disgust at the thought.

 

“Well, I needed to come back early. Had to inform Dad about my marriage.” Chanyeol smiled sweetly.

 

Kris’s eyes widen at that, clearly taken aback.

 

Ha. Didn’t expect that big brother?

 

“Who is the lucky girl?” Kris asked, once he got a hold of himself.

 

“Aish. Don’t talk about a girl, hyung. My husband might get jealous.” Chanyeol wrapped an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun, not knowing what to do, smiled stiffly. God, Park Chanyeol, what now.

 

 

 

Kris Wu is curious to see what his half brother will do now that he’s back in Korea. Since Chanyeol introduced himself to their family six months ago, he made Kris’s life more fun to live in. It’s amazing how he can make the veins in their dad’s forehead pop.

 

He knows Chanyeol is a genius in business, he used his charm and closed a deal just a month after getting introduced in the company, and then promptly spend all the money he earned from that deal and then some. He’ so determined to spend the Wu’s money even if they both know it won’t even make a dent in the Wu’s fortune.

 

But he gets his point across. He doesn’t need their money, and he doesn’t want to be here.

 

Now he’s back and he’s married. To a man, no less!

 

Kris chuckled to himself. This should be fun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

i'm a slow writer. :(