Cinderella And The Big Bad Wolf

Drunken Decisions Are Jjang! (HIATUS)

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wolfed down the food, and it may be delicious like what Chanyeol said, but he tastes nothing. Thoughts running around in his head are more important- urgent- at the moment.

 

If Baekhyun would go home now, he can still pass it off as nothing. He can just tell his aunt he went out to get a breath of fresh air and went camping for the night… or… or, something. Hopefully, his aunt would be smug enough that he came back after all to say anything…

 

Baekhyun frowned. He seriously doubt it.

 

So as soon as he finished his breakfast he immediately grabbed his bag pack and said adios to the tall man.

 

Baekhyun waved awkwardly in the middle of the room. “So… bye. And thanks for the night, I guess?”

 

Utter, and complete silence until Chanyeol asked “Why?”

 

“What why?” Baekhyun asked, frustated. Chanyeol is just sitting there, his legs crossed, twirling a forked broccoli between his fingers.

 

“Why are you leaving? I mean, I’m a pretty fun guy to be with, aren’t I?”

 

Yes, yes you are, and that’s why I have to leave now, idiot. “I don’t know Chanyeol. I don’t even know you.”

 

“So get to know me.”

 

Baekhyun gulped. His heart suddenly racing at the seriousness in Chanyeol’s eyes, and the only thing he can manage to get out is a senseless, “Why?”

 

“Because I find you funny. You’re cute, so why not. I think we could be friends you know?”

 

Baekhyun sighed and looked at Chanyeol disbelievingly. What is wrong with this guy? Is he psychotic or something? Why is it that nothing seems to bother him? Because honestly, Baekhyun is very bothered by all this. A guy he doesn’t know who makes him feel weird things and who makes leaving so hard for him. It’s unfair, the way he feels so ing affected and Chanyeol is just there, still twirling that ing broccoli around.

 

Baekhyun shook his head hitching his backpack higher up his shoulder. “I’m leaving.”

 

“What about the money?” Chanyeol suddenly said.

 

Baekhyun stopped. The money.

 

What money.

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “I thought you agreed to spend the night with me to get money? You know… black card? Ring any bell?”

 

Are you ready to do whatever I want for the night?

 

Oh. That money.

 

Leave it to Baekhyun to forget about that. But now that he got to know the tall man, even a little, he doesn’t want to take the money anymore. Last night was the best night of his life even if he doesn’t even remember parts of it. It’s the first time he let himself loose, not thinking about anything but having fun and it doesn’t seem right to get money for something he enjoyed so much.

 

It’s so rare for Baekhyun to be happy, after all. And now looking at the tall handsome man… he realized it has to all end. Dang it, he should’ve prolonged that breakfast.

 

Baekhyun felt his eyes sting and forced himself to smile. “I don’t need that anymore. But Thanks!” he said with false cheer… and then more sincerely, “I mean it, Chanyeol. Thanks for last night... you’re right. You’re a pretty fun guy to be with.”

 

Baekhyun expected Chanyeol to laugh and brag that he finally admitted he had fun last night. But instead Chanyeol stared at him so intently that made Baekhyun squirm in place.

 

And then Chanyeol said lowly, “At least let me drive you to wherever you’re going, Baek.”

 

The sudden nickname put a lump in Baekhyun’s throat adding to the sting in his eyes. He’s really going now… he doesn’t know why, but he wants to cry. Chanyeol is not going to insist for him to stay anymore and that’s good! Really! But somehow it made Baekhyun… sad.

 

Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“I insist.” Chanyeol said, thinking that Baekhyun is refusing his offer.

 

Baekhyun thinks it’s fine. At least he won’t have to walk all the way to his aunt’s house. It’s not because the drive wold get him more time with the tall man, okay?

 

“Okay.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and nodded. His smile more subdued. The crazy tinge in his eyes gone and replaced by something more genuine. Chanyeol is right. They could’ve been friends. If only Baekhyun’s life is not how it is, or if only things played out little differently.

 

But no use thinking about if only now. Baekhyun need his head here, in the present, because in a matter of minutes, he would be back to reality and away from Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

“You live here?” Chanyeol asked, trying to lean down and get a better view as much as he can inside the car.

 

“Yeah,” Baekhyun said while gathering up his things. He didn’t even look at Chanyeol when he said, “Let’s part here. Don’t go out anymore.”

 

Chanyeol frowned. “I know you’re eager to get rid of me but you don’t have to make it so obvious, you know?” Chanyeol is seriously getting pissed at the minute. Baekhyun didn’t even gave him any contact information, so determined to put an end to whatever it is they haven’t even started yet

 

Baekhyun grinned though it didn’t reach his eyes. “Bye Chanyeol. Thanks. For everything. I won’t forget...” you, he wanted to say. But instead, “…how I met the dumbest man on earth last night.” He chuckled.

 

It was hollow. There’s something in the silence that followed that made Chanyeol feel as if his heart is about to break. Like it wants to shout at Baekhyun, damn right you shouldn’t forget me.

 

But before Chanyeol can voice it out Baekhyun is out of the car and just before he shut the door he peeked inside one last time. “Don’t go spending your money in casinos again and get pissed drunk, dumbo. You might not get lucky next time and meet someone as cute as me.” And then the er winked and shut the door.

 

Chanyeol is left staring at the car door, quiet. His grip on the stirring wheel tight, making his knuckles go white. There’s something unsatisfying with this parting and Chanyeol thinks this is not the way to end things and Baekhyun lives in a house small house that has a Korean restaurant below. He chuckled to himself when he thought about his first encounter with shorty. Is this why he thought Baekhyun smelled like kimchi that first time? Maybe he should try their kimchi before he goes.

 

 

 

 

“You’re back.”

 

Baekhyun tried a smile. “Hi auntie.”

 

His aunt continued wiping the tables. “At least now you realize you have nowhere else to go. Don’t even think about doing any funny business again or else you can’t even go back here.” She stopped to grin at him. “And then where would you be, Baekhyun, when even your own mother threw you here?”

 

Baekhyun swallowed his feelings. Feeling so vulnerable now that he knows his aunt is right.

 

“Go to the kitchen and wash the dishes.” She snapped. “You left last night so don’t be surprised they’re still there. Your cousins can’t do that anymore on top of their studying.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to scoff. Studying, hah! But oh well, same old same old for poor Baekhyunnie.

 

ing welcome back to me.

 

“Yes, aunt-“

 

“You didn’t tell me you have such a nasty aunt, Baekhyunnie. And here I was so excited about meeting my aunt-in-law.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen when familiar arms wrap around his shoulders and pulled him close. He’s pretty sure he mirrored his aunt’s wide eyes and gaping mouth at the sight of Chanyeol inside the restaurant.

 

His aunt s staring at them- at Chanyeol, and by the way her eyes travelled from the tall man’s head to toe, she’s calculating how much Chanyeol is worth.

 

Baekhyun wants to hide, embarrassed at the woman’s actions, though Chanyeol seems undeterred.

 

Judging from the way his aunt bowed, she must’ve calculated that Chanyeol has money and therefore deserves her respect.

 

“Sir! I’m sorry but we’re still close at this hour. You see, our Baekhyunnie here woke up late.” A fake laugh. “Ah… such a lazy boy.”

 

At that Baekhyun felt his ears redden in anger and shame. But Chanyeol squeezed his shoulder and only held him tighter.

 

“Oh, it seems like you didn’t hear me, ma’am.” Chanyeol smiled, icily. “I’m not a customer, I’m Baekhyun’s husband. And I believe Baekhyun didn’t sleep here last night because he was with me? Perhaps were you lying?”

 

Color drained from his aunt’s face. “I-I think you are mistaking our Baekhyunnie-“

 

“Oh? It’s quite hard to mistake my husband for someone else, and we just got married! What kind of man would that make me then?”

 

The woman regained her composure at Chanyeol’s sarcastic smile and reached out to grip Baekhyun’s arm hard. “Baekhyun!” she said through gritted teeth. “Move and call the police. What are you doing standing there like a fool when we have a crazy man in our restaurant.”

 

Baekhyun grimaced at the pain from his aunt’s hard grip and Chanyeol, when he noticed this, gently pried his arm away from the evil witch.

 

“I’d appreciate it if you don’t hurt my husband, ma’am.” Chanyeol reached back and took his wallet out, bringing out a sizable wad of cash. Her aunt’s eyes widening and she’s almost disgustingly salivating from seeing the money. “And, please, accept this for the trouble.”

 

Then Chanyeol is leading Baekhyun away to leave.

 

Baekhyun snapped from his horror surprise confusion at what’s happening that is all too much to ask, “Where-“

 

But his aunt finished it hysterically for him. “Where are you taking Baekhyun?!”

 

Chanyeol looked down at him and smiled. A silent urging for Baekhyun to trust him. Then he said loudly for the woman at the back to hear, “Why, dearest Baekhyun, it’s time to go back to our mansion.”

 

If Baekhyun’s aunt fainted, he didn’t see for he was swept away by Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

“The perfect way to start telling a sob story is to drink beer.” Chanyeol said as he placed cold beer in front of Baekhyun. They’re back at the hotel, Baekhyun internally freaking out in the balcony. Chanyeol nodded once, understanding. “Trust me.”

 

“It’s just half past twelve Chanyeol.”

 

“It’s still after noon.”

 

“I don’t drink.”

 

The tall man tilted his head to the side. “Would you like to tell me your story sober, then?” He smiled innocently. “Bacause you’re going to spill everything to me Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and drink. “What is there to tell? My mother’s sister took me to Las Vegas after high school saying that she’ll fund my college studies here.” He shrugged. “Obviously didn’t happen. Made me help in her restaurant… and you saw how well that is.”

 

Chanyeol went beside him to lean on the balcony, swishing his own beer around. “Why didn’t you go back then? Or tell your mother? Ever heard about cell phones?”

 

Baekhyun smiled bitterly tipping his head back to drink the beer until it’s less than half. “You should’ve seen her face when my aunt told her she’s going to get me. She’s so beautiful. The only time I saw her so relieved in a while. We both know my aunt won’t get me to study here… she’s got children of her own. But she still agreed.” Baekhyun laughed. “Really, how do you react when it’s very obvious your mother is so relieved to get rid of you in the first place that she’ll take whatever bull thrown at her just to ease her conscience?”

 

Chanyeol looked at the dent can in Baekhyun’s hand from how hard he’s gripping it and took a swig from his own can of beer. Baekhyun and him, they’re just the same.

 

“If it makes you feel any better, you’re not the only unwanted person here.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him curiously.

 

“Bastard of a rich man, right here.” Chanyeol spread his arms for effect and Baekhyun almost smiled.

 

“At least you have money.”

 

“You ain’t heard anything yet.” Chanyeol dramatically grabbed his own chest. “I feel bad for keeping secrets from you and much as I wanted to preserve your idea that I’m cool,” (Baekhyun scoffed at this.) “I ought to tell you the full story.”

 

Insert dramatic pause here.

 

SECRET bastard of a rich man, right here.” Chanyeol smiled when Baekhyun finally laughed this time. “As if it’s not enough that I’m a bastard, my honourable kind father is still keeping me a secret. So I’m making it my life goal to spend all of their money until it’s gone. Oops… the bastard spent it all.”

 

“Are you succeeding so far in your childish acts?”

 

Chanyeol frowned and flick Baekhyun’s forehead. “At least it pisses him off. What about you, humbly taking all your aunt’s slavery like Cindeingrella.”

 

“At least I’m not trying so hard to be the big bad wolf.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged. “Well to each his own.”

 

Baekhyun nodded once, feigning seriousness, and raised his deformed can. “To you, Chanyeol, who is an unwanted wolf.”

 

“And to you, Baekhyun, who’s got no compassion whatsoever to your fellow unwanted.” Chanyeol responded, as he clinked their cans together.

 

 

 

 

 

---

ei yo.... longest update so far?

um... don't know what to say anymore. hahaha.

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING!!! :)

enjoy? <3 <3