30 Minutes in Heaven

For You

Seungcheol and Joshua- Au: We were waiting in line for the Ferris Wheel, but last second your friend chickened out so we got jammed into the same cart together AND THEN  we got stuck at the very top, but you weren’t so bad to around for 30 minutes...let’s go do some more together

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I can’t do this anymore Joshua. I’m going.” Vernon told Joshua, snaking his way around people and ducking  under the rope which kept people in line for the Ferris Wheel.

 

“Dude, you promised you would go on this with me!” Joshua called out to his friend. He was looking forward to going on it because when you were at the top you could look at the ocean for miles. But Vernon’s fear of heights finally kicked in, making him leave his friend.

 

“You have a partner for the ride?” The lady at the Ferris Wheel asked Joshua. He shook his head.

 

“How about you?” She asked the guy behind him, who shook his head as well.

 

“Okay, you two can go together on this one then.” She told them, pointing them to the cart they would go on before talking to the next people.

 

“There you go. All buckled up.” The other lady said to them before putting the bar over them before the Ferris Wheel moved them above to get to the next empty cart.

 

Since Joshua didn't know what to talk about with new people, he just kept quiet. And the guy next to him must have felt the same because he didn't talk to him either. That was, until they were stuck at the very top.

 

“Hey! What happened?” The guy next to Joshua asked the people below them.

 

“Huh? Oh, the control panel isn't working correctly so they had to call someone to fix it. It'll be about thirty minutes until they can get it fixed and working.” The person yelled to him.

 

“Wow, now I'm glad Vernon choked out. If he was here he would be making the cart rock back and forth.” Joshua said to himself, making the guy next to him chuckle.

 

“Yeah, I was supposed to be here with some guy that my friend set me up with. But he ended up getting sick and couldn't go. Since my friend already paid for our tickets I came here with my little brother Seungkwan, but he ditched me at the Merry-go-round saying it was for little kids and girls.” He told Joshua, making him smile.

 

“That's funny. My friend Vernon dragged me onto the Merry-go-round because he saw his ex. They didn't really end on good terms.” Joshua said, making the guy next to him raise an eyebrow.

 

“What happened?” He asked him. Joshua sighed, debating if he should tell a stranger about his friends love life. But seeing as they would stick for about thirty minutes he decided to tell him.

 

“Vernon was planning on dumping him face-to-face, but one day when he stayed up the previous night he texted him saying ‘How can we be together when you don't even like watching Soul Eater?’ and that was it.” Joshua said, remembering the morning when Vernon told him that and he ended up laughing so hard that milk came out his nose.

 

“Interesting friend you got their...Joshua? Is that what your friend called you?” He asked Joshua. He nodded his head.

 

“Well then, my name is Seungcheol. It's nice to meet you.” Seungcheol told him.

 

“It's nice to meet you too Seungcheol.” Joshua said, giving him a bright smile.

 

And so they spent the next thirty minutes talking about friends, family, school, music and tv shows.

 

They both learnt that they go to the same high school, they both like eating ice cream during the winter, they fancied reading fantasy novels the most, and they were both friends with Yoon Jeonghan apparently. They also liked to watch Charlie the Unicorn when no one was around.

 

“Hey Joshua? When we get down from here, do you want to go get a snow cone with me? Maybe go on some more rides?” Seungcheol asked him once the Ferris Wheel started to move again.

 

“Yeah, I'd like that.” Joshua said, putting his hand on top of Seungcheol's.

 

They held hands the whole ride and even off of the ride. And honestly, Joshua was glad Vernon didn't want to go on the ride. If he did go on the ride he wouldn't have been able to meet Seungcheol.


He was happy that he met Seungcheol.