Cliffhanger

For You

Seokmin and Soonyoung- Au: We stayed up all last night texting each other and while I was confessing my feelings for you I fell asleep leaving you with “I kind of” and that’s it.






 

From:Seokmin

To:♡Yoshi♡

Sent 11:43pm

Hey, you still up?

Seen 11:43pm

 

From: Soonyoung

To: Sunshine

Sent 11:44pm

Yeah and I'm sooooooo bored

Seen 11:45pm

 

From:Seokmin

To:♡Yoshi♡

Sent 11:46pm

What do you want me to do?

Seen 11:46pm

 

From: Soonyoung

To: Sunshine

Sent 11:48pm

Idk, entertain me or something

Seen 11:48pm

 

From:Seokmin

To:♡Yoshi♡

Sent 11:49pm

How's your family been?

Seen 11:50pm

 

From: Soonyoung

To: Sunshine

Sent 11:50pm

Entertain me, not bore me -_-

Seen 11:51pm

 

From:Seokmin

To:♡Yoshi♡

Sent 11:51pm

Sorry, I don't know what to text. We usually talk.

Seen 11:53pm

 

Incoming call from: ♡Yoshi♡

Accept?

 

‘Hey dude’ Seokmin answered.

 

‘Really? You wanted to talk about my family?’ Soonyoung asked his friend. Seokmin sighed.

 

‘What? I didn't know what you wanted to talk about and that was the first thing that came to my mind.’ Seokmin said, not really sing what was wrong about that.

 

‘Whatever…’ Soonyoung mumbled.

 

‘What's wrong?’ Seokmin asked his friend, knowing that something must be bothering him.

 

‘Nothing’s wrong, I'm just tired.’ Soonyoung answered him in an angry tone. Seokmin sighed again.

 

‘Soonyoung, don't be like that.’ He told him

 

‘Why? It's not like we're dating, so why do you care?’ Soonyoung asked his friend, ready to hang the phone up if he gave him a stupid answer.

 

‘You're my friend and I care about you. We've known each other for five years. I can tell when something is bothering you just by the way you hold yourself or how you talk.’ Seokmin told him, trying to avoid telling him a certain thing.

 

‘Really?’ Soonyoung asked, voice softening.

 

Seokmin nodded his head even though Soonyoung wouldn't be able to see ‘Really.’

 

They stayed quiet for a moment which made Seokmin nervous. He had no idea what was going through Soonyoung’s head and that put him on edge a little bit because he really wanted to tell him something. Something that has been bothering him for a while that could change their friendship forever.

 

He had fallen for his best friend.

 

‘Seokmin?’ Soonyoung said, interrupting the silence and Seokmin couldn't have been happier.

 

‘Yeah?’

 

‘If my parents ever kicked me out, would you be there for me?’ Soonyoung asked him, making Seokmin's heart clench.

 

Why would Soonyoung’s parents want to kick him out?  He asked himself. Soonyoung is a good kid.

 

‘Yeah, I'll be there for you no matter what.’ Seokmin told him, closing his eyes and trying not to think about Soonyoung trying not to cry while sitting on the curb near his house with his clothes scattered on the lawn.

 

His parents would never do that to him.

 

‘Soonyoung, listen… there's something I've been wanting to tell.’ Seokmin started to say, closing his eyes in fear.

 

‘What is it?’

 

‘Just promise me that we'll still be friends.’

 

‘I promise. No matter what it is I'll still be your friend. Heck, you could join a strip club and I would still be at your side.’ Soonyoung commented, making both of them laugh.

 

‘You know exactly how to make me laugh Hoshi.’ Seokmin said, calling him by his nickname.

 

‘I know. So what was it that you wanted to say?’

 

‘Well, the thing is… I really li-’

 

‘Seokmin? Hello?’ Soonyoung looked at his phone and saw that the call was ended.

 

I guess and can ask him in the morning then.



 

Five days later and Soonyoung didn't know what Seokmin wanted to tell him that night. That was until he confronted him during lunch.

 

“What were you going to tell me Seokmin?” Soonyoung asked when his friend was leaving the lunchroom.

 

“Oh, uh. It doesn't matter anymore.” Seokmin tried to brush it off as if it was nothing.

 

“Then why did you ask me if I would still be your friend? It didn't seem like nothing at the time.” Soonyoung said, getting irritated at Seokmin's stubbornness.

 

“Well, it doesn't matter anymore okay? I need to go to the library so can you please move.” Seokmin asked him. When Soonyoung didn't move Seokmin moved him instead.

 

“Fine, be that way then.” Seokmin mumbled, moving past him and heading towards the door that would lead to the main hallway.

 

Soonyoung was beyond irritated at him and was suddenly moved by a wave of emotions that made him run up to Seokmin, push him on a wall and kissed him like there was no tomorrow.

 

He thought that Seokmin would push him away, but instead he held him by the waist with one arm and laced his fingers through his hair with the other.

 

They could have stayed like that forever if someone didn't interrupt them.

 

“Soonyoung, you left your binder at the tab- woah.” Seungkwan said, dropping Soonyoung’s binder as his eyes saw the scene in front of him.

 

“Ever heard of something called privacy?” Seokmin asked. Seungkwan just rolled his eyes.

 

“This is a public space. You want privacy then do that in the bathroom or something.” Seungkwan sassed at him.

 

“Are you going to leave?” Soonyoung asked him.

 

“Quick question, who made the first move?”

 

“I did, why?” Soonyoung answered. Seungkwan then started to walk back to their table, but Soonyoung and Seokmin could hear what he was saying.

 

“Pay up Wonwoo! Soonyoung made the first move and you owe me twenty dollars!”

 

“Soonyoung, about that night. I wanted to tell you that I liked you. And not in a friend way.” Seokmin said once Seungkwan was out of earshot. Soonyoung smiled at him.

 

“I feel the same way.” Soonyoung told him, nuzzling his nose into Seokmin's neck.


He was happy to have someone like Seokmin around.