Late Night Shopping

For You

Minghao and Junhui- Au: We’re both at the grocery store at 3am and you just took the last box of my favorite cereal, how dare you? And I just offered to arm wrestle you for it.






 

“I don’t understand why we’re here.” Chan told his friends as they walked around the convenience store.

 

“We don’t have any food in our apartment.” Mingyu told him.

 

“I know, but why are we here at 3:30am?” Chan asked.

 

“Because Mingyu would keep whining that he’s hungry. So that’s why we’re here.” Minghao commented.

 

“We could have done this at, I don't know, maybe ten o’clock instead of 3:30 am!” Chan shouted at them, very irritated that he was awake when he should have been asleep. But no, Mingyu just had to wake him up. And why was that? Because he didn't knew the type of bread they got and neither did Minghao.

 

“You guys are so annoying.” Chan mumbled, grabbing a bag of whole wheat twelve-grain bread.

 

Minghao gave Chan a slight smile, knowing the younger would mess with Mingyu once he was fully rested. Chan wouldn't do anything to him though just because he was a really nice person. And he did help him with his Algebra homework.

 

“Let's get this one instead.” Mingyu said, grabbing a bag of white bread.

 

“No. This type is healthier.” Chan told him, taking the bag of white bread and putting it back in the shelf.

 

The two kept arguing about bread, so Minghao excused himself because he didn't want to be seen near two dudes who were acting like a married couple and arguing about bread. And seriously, who would do that?

 

Minghao didn't really know which aisle to go to, so he just wandered around all of them expect for the bread aisle, of course. But then he suddenly remembered that they didn't have anymore of his favorite cereal, Lucky Charms.

 

The small cereal section had no one else in it except for Minghao. He looked at the selection of cereal the convenience store had and saw that there was one box left of Lucky Charms. He quickly moved towards the box to get it, only to see someone else grab it.

 

“What the heck?” Minghao said in Chinese, upset that someone dared to put their hands on his box of Lucky Charms. He looked at the culprit who took his cereal, only to see a fairly attractive guy with an amused smirk gracing his lips.

 

“Sorry, but this is my box now.” The guy answered back in Chinese. But before he left he looked back at Minghao one more time and put his hand out for Minghao to shake.

 

“My name is Junhui. I'll see you around.” Junhui said, hand still out. Minghao finally took his hand, only to put it on the empty space of where the last Lucky Charms box was and giving Junhui a fierce look.

 

“Whoever wins this arm wrestle fight can have the box of Lucky Charms, okay?” Minghao said, earning an amused look from Junhui.

 

“Okay. But whoever loses has to give the winner their number as well.” Junhui said. Minghao was going to protest, but didn't because that did seem fair. Winner gets the last box of Lucky Charms and loser gives them their number. Odd, but fair.

 

“Fine by me.” Minghao said, but gave him a look as if to say he wasn't going to lose this. All Junhui did was smile.

 

“3...2...1!” Minghao counted down before they started to arm wrestle. They were both equally strong, but every now and then one of them would gain the lead, only to have the other tighten their grip and get control. They didn't know how long they were at it, probably for two minutes until Minghao won.

 

“Yes! Have the box over.” Minghao said, hands stretched out for the box of cereal.

 

“You must really like this cereal.” Junhui said, giving him the box of cereal before scribbling his number down on a sticky note he had on him and handing it to him.

 

“Let's meet up sometime, okay?” Junhui told him before leaving.

 

“Minghao! Come on! We need to put these things in the check-out place and buy them.” Chan said, grabbing his wrist and taking him to the check-out station.

 

“Whose number is that?” Mingyu asked Minghao, looking at the sticky note with Junhui’s number on it.

 

“Did you arm wrestle someone for cereal again?” Chan asked, knowing Minghao way too well to know that this was his fifteenth time arm wrestling someone for cereal.


“Yeah, but he seemed pretty nice. I think I might text him sometime.” Minghao said with a smile and pocketing the number.