Midnight

For You

Vernon and Seungkwan- Au: It’s 2 am and I’m knocking on your window, wake up and let’s go on a late night walk or something, I don’t know, let’s just hold hands already




 

Seungkwan was bored out of his mind. Maybe it was because it was the summer, or because he hasn't had the pleasure of hanging out with some friends. Our perhaps it was the reason because it was currently 12 am and no one in their right mind would be awake.

 

At least, that's what Seungkwan thought until he heard some tapping on his window. He brushed it off, thinking that it must be a branch from the tree near his house, but when it kept happening he went over to his window to snap the branch off.

 

“I hate this dumb tree.” Seungkwan mumbled to himself, pulling up the blinds and seeing his best friend Vernon.

 

One look at Vernon and he instantly pulled down the blinds and went to his bed.

 

“Seungkwan! I know you're in there!” Vernon shouted. Not wanting his parents to wake up and tell at him for being so noisy, he went over to his window and opened it so Vernon could come in.

 

“Are you coming in or not?” Seungkwan asked him. Vernon just looked at him before shaking his head.

 

“Then what do you want?” Seungkwan hissed at him.

 

“Let's go for a walk.”

 

“No, who knows what could happen if we go out there!”

 

“Don't worry, I won't let anybody hurt you. I promise. And it'll be really fun too!” Vernon pleaded.

 

Seungkwan thought got a moment. But in the end he went to his closet, got a pair of shoes and went over to the window and climbed out.

 

“Shut my window please.” Seungkwan said, already at the bottom of the tree and slipping in his shoes.

 

“Got it.”




 

“Can you tell me why you wanted me to leave my house?” Seungkwan asked Vernon after ten minutes of total silence

 

“Because you were the only person I could think of that would be awake and willing to go and hang out with me.” Vernon stated, brushing the tips of his fingers with Seungkwan's.

 

“Really? That's all your going to say?” Seungkwan asked him, knowing that he would rather be playing video games or watching pointless videos on YouTube then being outside with him at midnight.

 

“Well...maybe I felt like taking a midnight stroll with you.” Vernon told him. Seungkwan raised an eyebrow at him, not convinced with his answer.

 

“Well, I always see you in the sunlight and you look amazing, so I thought you would look good in moonlight.” He truthfully told Seungkwan, causing him to blush lightly at the compliment.

 

“And honestly? You look even better in the moonlight.” He told him, finally grabbing onto Seungkwan's hand and holding onto it tightly, as if his life depended on it.

 

“I-I don't know what to say.”

 

“You don't have to say anything. Let's just stay together and walk around.” Vernon told him. Seungkwan couldn't help but agree with him.



 

And that's what they did, just wandering around the town until they decided to lay down near a lake at a park they were passing by, still holding hands.

 

They laid in silence, just looking up at the sky and looking at the moon and stars. And at times they would look at each other eyes, entranced by each others company. Before too long Vernon was holding onto Seungkwan, who had fallen asleep. Vernon tried his best not to fall asleep as well, but he couldn't help it, so he set a timer to wake him up at 3am. He swore that he only closed his eyes for a second when the timer went off.

 

“Seungkwan, wake up.” Vernon whispered into his ear, only getting a groan before Seungkwan bairried his head in Vernon’s shoulder.

 

“I know you're tired, but wouldn't you rather be sleeping in your bed then on the ground?” Vernon asked him.

 

“But you smell nice…” Seungkwan mumbled, eyes still shut.

 

“I would carry you there, but I don't think I could. I'm way too tired.” Vernon told him. And when Seungkwan wouldn't move, he had to go to plan B and hope for the best.

 

He had to tickle him.

 

After a lot of grunts, whisper yells and a few kicks in multiple spots, Seungkwan was finally up and walking to his house, Vernon trailing behind him.

 

“Sorry for doing that, but I was starting to get sleepy and I didn't want both of us to be asleep. Maybe something could have happened.” Vernon told him, finally going near him and risking to hold his hand. Thankfully Seungkwan didn't yank his hand away, but he didn't say anything back to him either, so they just walked in silence all the way too his house.

 

“I'll see you later today when the sun is up, okay?” Vernon asked him beneath the tree near Seungkwan's house. Seungkwan didn't say anything, just deciding to give him a hug and starting to climb the tree.

 

Vernon was about to leave when Seungkwan called out to him.

 

“You want to come in?” Seungkwan asked him. Vernon thought for s moment before he started to expertly climb the tree in quick yet quiet movements, reaching the window in about 30 seconds.

 

“I'll take that as a yes.” Seungkwan said with a slight smile, making Vernon smile as well.


And so they spent the next hours of the day in each others arms asleep, glad that both of them were awake at midnight