The Park

Too Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

V's POV

It had been a few weeks since Kookie had been released from the hospital, but I felt...distant. Although I wanted to, I didn't message him much. He returned back to school, but his personality changed a lot. Since he went back to school, he has been very lively and made so many friends which is different from the original introvert that I knew. Because he had so many new friends, I seemed to of faded out of his existence. I had never felt so down in my whole life. I thought since he lost his memories that I could help him remember, but it seems as if he doesn't want to remember. When we walk pass each other in the hallway, we always meet eyes and stare at each other, before he looks away and carries on talking to his friends. I started off messaging him all the time but he never replied, so I eventually stopped. I guess he will never remember me.

It was a Friday and I had just finished school when I got a call from Jungkook's parents. When I answered, they asked me how the progression was going. What was I supposed to say? That we are still close? That I am still talking to him? I felt the tears appear in my eyes but held them back as much as I could. I told them that I was trying my best and then I hung up. Even though I was so depressed, I knew that I had to move on as Jungkook would probably never end up talking to me again. That night I just laid on my bed and looked through all the photos that I took with him. We looked so happy together...

I sat upright on my bed. Jungkook was so special to me that I couldn't give up on him that easily. I went onto my contacts and scrolled down to Kookies name. This would be the final time I would try and get his memories back. 

Jungkook's POV

School didn't feel strange to me, which I was glad about. When I first showed up, I remembered most people and I knew the way around the school. Lots of people came up to me hoping to become friends, which I kindly agreed to. I hadn't felt this popular since I entered high school. I still missed Taehyung since he still hadn't visited me since I got admitted out of the hospital but he messages me from time to time. As I get used to my school life once more, I notice that Taehyung actually goes to this school. Once I saw him, I wanted to go up to him and say hi, but my friends wanted to go to the arcades and he had his head down, so I don't think he noticed me. After that one accounter with him, I couldn't stop seeing him and whenever I saw him, our eyes would meet, but since he wouldn't stop looking, I would have to break the gaze, even if I felt uneasy and bad doing it. However hard I may try, I just couldn't think of who Taehyung was and how I felt about him. Whenever I walked pass him, I felt a bit weird, but nothing special. I think it was just akwardness between us. 

I was getting ready to go to bed. It was dark outside and once I was in my pyjamas, I hopped into my bed, pulled up the covers and got my phone out. It had been a long time since I looked on my phone, so I searched through everything. When I reached the contacts, I saw that Taehyung's name was down as 'TaeTae' which made me giggle. How cute~.

Just as I was thinking that, my phone rang. It was Taehyung. I was so happy that I couldn't help but smile. I answered almost immediately, but waited for Taehyung to speak first. 

"Hey, it's been a while, huh?" His voice that I hadn't heard since the hospital was so soothing and relaxing that it could calm me down at any point. 

"Yeah, I know. How are you?"

"I should be the one asking that. Is the recovery going okay? You're not in pain?"

"No, I am fine. The doctor said t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter