Weekend Part 2 - After awhile

Our Love Story

 

Twins’ room

Youngmin come out from the bathroom while rinsing his hair when suddenly he heard a series of coughing fit from his twins. He rushes to Kwangmin’s side and rub his back.

“Yah! Gwenchana?”

Kwangmin nods towards his 6 minutes-elder brother.

When he finally stop coughing, Youngmin’s hand reach to his forehead to check his temperature.
“You’re a bit warm. Go shower and I’ll ask Donghyun-hyung to make porridge for you.”

He expected Kwangmin to frown and whine to him for being too worry about him, but the latter just nod, grabbing his towel on the way to bathroom.

~~~

Downstairs

“Hyung…Kwangmin is not feeling well.”

Donghyun look up to have a better look at Youngmin.

“Why, what’s wrong? Is he having an attack?”

Youngmin shook his head at the same time entering the kitchen as he gesture to Donghyun; asking if he need help with preparing the food.

“Anni…he was having a coughing fit just now but it stop…for awhile, I guess…He’s taking bath right now…By the way, hyung, could you make him porridge for dinner? I kinda said that I’ll ask you to make it for him.”

Donghyun nods, “Sure thing. You continue to fry these eggs. I’ll prepare the ingredient for his porridge first.”

Half an hour later…

They are all gather at the table when suddenly the door bell rings.

“I’ll get it.” Volunteer Kwangmin. He stood up as Youngmin watch him cautiously.

“Kwangmin-ah~!”

“Jeongmin-hyung!”

“Yo!” greet Hyunseong as they step into the house though they haven’t been invited to come in yet.

Youngmin appear behind Kwangmin, “Who’s that? Oh! Jeongmin-hyung! Hyunseong-hyung! Come in!”

“We’re already inside, Youngmin-ah.”

The elder twins pout to Hyunseong, “I was trying to be polite!”

Hyunseong glance around, probably looking for Donghyun.

“Hyung is in the kitchen.”

Nodding, he makes his way to the kitchen.

Jeongmin, Kwangmin and Youngmin walk in; leading Jeongmin to the dining table.

“What brings you guys here?”

“Oh, nothing! We’re just strolling around the neighborhood and decide to drop by to share these~” replies Hyunseong as he help Donghyun to set the table.

“Come on, sit down now. Let’s eat together.” Call the eldest.

Kwangmin sit next to Youngmin with Donghyun on his left and Jeongmin in front of him. Hyunseong sit in front of Youngmin.

While the rest get a bowl of rice, Kwangmin get a bowl of porridge for him to eat.

“Porridge? Are you not feeling well?” said Jeongmin; he notices the different filling in Kwangmin’s bowl.

“It’s just a mild cough…” replied the sick boy.

They start to eat and chat with mostly about the café and teasing Youngmin, as to Kwangmin, he’s trying so hard to finish the porridge.

After about quarter of the bowl, he finally give up when he feels like he’s going to vomit soon.

“H-Hyung, I can’t finish it.” He voice out, breaking the happy-chat the rest were having.

Donghyun look at Kwangmin’s food; not even half were eaten.

“Can’t you eat more? It’s barely half of the bowl, Kwangmin-ah.”

Kwangmin look at the bowl before leaving the table in rush to somewhere.

Youngmin, Jeongmin and Hyunseong was about to go and check on him, but they all have been beaten by Donghyun.

“It’s okay. I’ll go check on him.”

~~~

Donghyun step inside the bathroom without bothering to knock.

When he get in there, Kwangmin was washing his mouth, his breathing wasn’t stable either with sweat forming on his forehead.

“Were you just vomiting?”

Kwangmin nods weakly and stumble to Donghyun.

“S-Sorry, hyung.”

Donghyun patted his back. “It’s not your fault. Come, I’ll tuck you to bed.”

Kwangmin didn’t protest while the eldest lead him to sit on his bed.

Donghyun open the draw beside Kwangmin’s bed and take out his medicine that have been keep closely to him. He reach out for the water bottle *he keep one in there in case the younger need it* and uncap it for him.

“Here, take this. If you’re still not feeling well, we’re going to hospital tomorrow, okay?”

Dinghyun hand it to him while his right hand caressing the other’s cheek.

The younger nods; taking the medicine to drink before being tuck by Donghyun-hyung.

“I-I’m okay now…You can continue…your dinner, hyung…”

To be honest, Donghyun didn’t want to leave him at least not till he make sure the younger is sleeping already.

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

Kwangmin nods softly.

Donghyun lean and kiss on his forehead, making the younger giggles, “Okay, I’ll be downstairs,” he take Kwangmin’s phone and place it on his hand, “…just call if you need me.”

Again, the younger nods, “Gomawo, hyung…”

~~~

“How is he doing?” asked Youngmin as soon as he saw Donghyun step in to the dining room.

“He’s fine. Probably too tired working at the café before.”

And so they continue eating and chatting with Hyunseong and Jeongmin leaving right after dinner.

After helping Donghyun clean up the table and washing the dishes, he bid the elder good night and get up stairs to sleep.

~~~

Pika pika Pikachu

Youngmin groan.

“Aish! Kwangmin! Shut off that damn yellow alarm of yours!”

He shifted to his side to face Kwangmin’s bed when the alarm still ringing with it very unique-annoying as to what Youngmin said-and hadn’t been shut by his twins.

To his surprise, the latter wasn’t even there. Youngmin quickly sit up, “Kwangmin?”

He calls as he stands up and reaches the alarm to shut it. When he didn’t hear any response, he tries to check the bathroom.

‘Where is he?’

Youngmin open the door too their room and rush downstairs to look for him, and to ask Donghyun if he’s not around.

~~~

“Kwangmin-ah!”

“Shhhh!”

Youngmin turned to the shushing sound, “Hyung?”

Youngmin walk closer to the sofa where Donghyun currently sitting on as his eyes roaming around to look for Kwangmin.

“Hyung, did you-”

“Shhh! Be quiet!”

Youngmin pout, he faces Donghyun and was about to asked why he has to keep quiet when he’s looking for-OH…

‘Here he is…’

*-mememe- whispering*

-I was looking for him-he whispered to Donghyun and takes a seat next to the sleeping Kwangmin.

Donghyun had his left arm wrapping around Kwangmin’s shoulder; patting the younger side softly.

-When did he get here? What happen?-

-2 hours ago, he was crying when I found him. He said that he miss umma and appa…so I stayed with him and try to stop him from crying before he get an attack, but…too bad he had one about half an hour ago…-

Youngmin stare at Kwangmin’s face; there got tear stained and his face was quite pale too.

Then he turn back to Donghyun, -Aren’t you going to work?-

Donghyun shrug, -Please keep in mind that my café always CLOSED on SUNDAY…geez, didn’t you realize that you’re just helping me JUST on Saturday?-

“Mmmmhh…”

Both of them freeze; Kwangmin is waking up…or maybe just tossing around.

-Youngmin, go make some breakfast.-

Youngmin frown, -Why don’t you cook?-

The elder smirk, -I can’t. He’s leaning ON ME. We wouldn’t want him to wake up now since he’s just sleep about half an hour, you know.-

Youngmin pout in annoyance, he didn’t realize he was yelling the word “FINE!” out loud.

-Yah!-

“…uhmm…”

They both stare at Kwangmin who’s blinking his eyes open cutely, “…h-hyung?”

Donghyun’s turn to frown, mouthing to Youngmin; It haven’t reach 1 hour and he woke up already!

“D-de…I’m still here…”

When Kwangmin finally open his eyes, he look up and saw Donghyun smile softly to him.

“H-cough-How long…I was out?”

“It’s not even an hour, Kwangmin-ah.”

“…e-eh?”

“I thought on leaving you to sleep for few hours more but, there’s this ugly version of you apparently thinks that it is a good idea to yell early in the morning.”

He turned to the other said and saw Youngmin smile apologetically to him.

“Mian, but it was Donghyun-hyung’s fault! He asked me to cook when he’s the eldest! We’re just a kid! Kid suppose to EAT, not COOK!”

“Oh, just stop blaming people and be honest; you’re just being lazy! And! With that height of yours, there’s no way people would say you’re a KID!”

“Well now that you-”

Youngmin stop abruptly when his twin once again let out another series of cough.

In his reflect, he sit back and pat the younger back soothingly, “There, there.”

Donghyun shrug, “That’s it. We’ll bring you to the hospital after breakfast. You; Youngmin, take care of him. I’ll do the cooking now.”

“Nde.”

Donghyun move Kwangmin’s head to Youngmin’s shoulder before getting up and stretch.

“Try to sleep while I’m cooking, okay?”

Kwangmin nods but his eyes are still wide open.

Donghyun sigh, he brush the latter’s bang aside as he gives Youngmin the-it’s-your-stupid-fault-for-waking-him-up look and then retreat to the kitchen.

As soon as Donghyun completely disappear from their sight, Youngmin turn to Kwangmin; checking every inch of his body with his eyes, “Are you okay? Do you feel hurt? Hot? Cold?”

Kwangmin let out a soft giggle; eyes blink slowly.

“Gwenchana…just that …my chest still hurt and…I’m tired…”

“Kwangie, why did you go downstairs when you have me like, what, three to four steps away?”

Kwangmin pout, it’s not anything like he dislike his twins…he just feel a need of…a presence of father-figure…which he believe Donghyun suit the most.

“I just…feel like I need…I don’t know…someone who has this…sort of father...presence…?”

He himself didn’t know how to explain it to Youngmin.

“It’s okay; I understand that…Just, next time, only does that when you’re extremely healthy. If you’re not feeling well, just bounce to my bed and don’t tired yourself, got it?”

“…”

Youngmin push Kwangmin’s head to face him; not in a hard way.

“Promise me.”

He raises his pinky-finger.

Kwangmin continue to stare at him, face full of question like, Do I have to do this?

The elder give him a look which cause him to immediately raise his.

“Promise.”

They both smile.

“I know I’m not the one who should say this since I’m the one who woke you up but, you need to sleep more…let that eyes of yours to rest.”

He feels a cold palm smacking his forehead twice.

“Kwangmin! Yah! What was that for?!”

“…Stop talking rubbish…I’ll sleep when I want to…”

“How dare you speak back to me, Jo Kwangmin?” Youngmin pretend to get mad but fail when he found himself smiling at Kwangmin’s antic who snuggle to him closer while hushing him.

“Keep your voice down…you’re so warm, hyung…”

Youngmin let Kwangmin snuggle to him.

“Let’s go visit mom and dad after your check up, ne?”

He felt Kwangmin’s head move; concludes that he agree with Youngmin’s suggestion.

Just then, Donghyun’s head pop out from the kitchen’s window; “Kwangmin, what would you like for your breakfast?”

Kwangmin shrug; he didn’t feel like eating at all so he just shook his head towards Donghyun.

The eldest let out a sigh, “You can’t be like this, Kwanggie-yah. Yesterday you barely eat your dinner. Come on, think of something…anything…if I can’t make it, I’ll buy. But please, eat.”

Kwangmin stare at his blanket that lay neatly on his lap, he really didn’t feel like eating, neither he want anything to eat.

Donghyun exchange look with Youngmin; knowing what the in the younger’s mind.

“How about scramble egg?” Youngmin try to coax him.

He shook his head.

“Pancake? Sandwhich?” try Donghyun.

“…soup…” it came out whisper.

“What is it?” asked Donghyun.

Kwangmin look up, “C-can I have soup?”

Donghyun’s and Youngmin’s lips form out a smile; glad that Kwangmin request soup for his breakfast, though it’s just a soup.

“What soup would you like? Chicken or mushroom?” add Youngmin.

Kwangmin title his head to the side, “…c-chicken…can I?”

“Of course you can! I’ll start cooking now. Why don’t you go up and wash up? We’ll go to hospital right after breakfast, okay?”

They both nods.

“Come, I’ll help you to wash up,” offer Youngmin while holding out his right hand to Kwangmin.

Kwangmin, who took it happily, stand up and wobble before Youngmin reach his waist to hold it up.

Donghyun manage to smile before once again entering the kitchen to cook.