Lunch!

Our Love Story

 

The next day at school – before class start

Chae-rim hums a song as she settles down on her seat at the back, near the window.

A pair of hand closed both of her eyes.

“Nera-yah! Yun-ah!”

Two of them giggles and grab a chair for each of them to gather at Chae-rim’s table.

“So, how was your date?”

Chae-rim widens her eyes, “D-Date?”

“Oh please! We saw you two eating cake on that café’s rooftop!” chuckle Yun-ah.

“It’s not cake, it’s just pudding. And we’re not dating. I’m just clear things up for Nera. And Nera, you better thanks to me that he’s willing to forgive you!”

Nera nods, “Thank you~…Wait. That hot tempered boy is willing to forgive me? How’d you do that? He was practically yelling his voice out at me like there’s no tomorrow!”

Chae-rim shrug, “I asked Kwangmin-ah if you’re forgiven and he said that he’ll handle Youngmin-sshi about this.”

Nera and Yun-ah exchange a glance before plastering a really big grin of them to Chae-rim.

“W-wae?”

“You called him Kwangmin-ah instead of Kwangmin-sshi!”

The youngest pout, “He told me to do so though I refuse. I even tell him that I’m not use with calling a guy without –sshi! He just pouted, cross his arms and insists that he’ll call me Chae-rim-sshi if I didn’t call him by his name.”

“Childish!”
“Stubborn!”

Nera and Yun-ah said at the same time.

“Or both.” The three of them laugh among themselves.

“Teacher’s coming!” announce one of the students.

 

Recess

Minwoo, Kwangmin and Youngmin walk out from the classroom after Youngmin throwing tantrums toward their class during Kwangmin telling him what happen yesterday at the rooftop of the café.

“You shouldn’t say out loud, Youngmin. Look what have you done to our classmates!”

Youngmin glare at his twin before look away from him, “Well I didn’t remember being all generous and forgive her friend!”

Minwoo stand in between the twin; he keep twisting his head left and right, hearing these two arguing.

Seriously, Youngmin need to learn to control his temper. Also, stop being childish as he’s the elder twin where he should act like one.

“I told you that it wasn’t their fault! There just some random students who got nothing to do but gossiping about us! And Nera-sshi is the kind that wanted to confirm the gossip herself.”

“Oh so you’re saying it’s my fault now?!” The elder snap, AGAIN.

Back there, he was practically yelling to Kwangmin, at the same time their classmate knew that Youngmin just being mad over gossip. How did they found out?

Youngmin was screaming denying every gossip that he squeezes out from his poor little twins.

Kwangmin sigh; he gotten use of being yelled at especially when Youngmin couldn’t control his temper but being constantly to blame at? NO.

“You know what, you can continue to blame me and stay mad at her friend. I’m out for a walk. Good bye!”

The younger stomp away from them while coughing twice and NOT walking to the cafeteria they usually head off to during break.

Youngmin turn around only to see Kwangmin was about to disappear.

He then looks at Minwoo and sigh. “I did it again, didn’t I? I went overboard, right?”

Minwoo smile slightly, “I told you to control your temper but you’re just ignoring me and…there’s the result!”

Youngmin smack him, “That is not something to proud about, Minwoo. We’re talking about this, unpredictable twin of mine.

“You don’t have to whack me, you know. He’ll comeback when he done cooling off. Now, let’s grab something to eat!”

Youngmin widen his eyes, “OH GOD.”

The youngest turn to him, half annoyed half curious, “What now?”

To his surprise, Youngmin slap his forehead in regret, “Donghyun-hyung is going to kill me for making him skipping meal.”

~~

“Aish! Jjinja! Did mother somehow drop him when we’re young or something?”

Kwangmin walk aimlessly as he feels like déjà vu when he once again bumps onto a person.

He get up quickly and was about to apologize when he recognize the girl.

“N-Nera-sshi?”

Nera gather all the food she’d bought *she and Yun-ah played rock-paper-scissor game and ended up losing the game, so she was sent by Yun-ah to buys some food* and drop it all once again when she KNOW who’s voice is that.

“S-sangdungi?” she asked without looking at his face, trying to grab all the food at the same time afraid if the one the she bump now is the one that yelling at her before.

“Nde…Hyung aniyo…I’m Kwangmin…the younger and less hot tempered twins…”

After she gather it all in the plastic back, Nera collect all of her guts to lift her head up and face to this Kwangmin guy.

“…was he still mad at me?”

Kwangmin shrug, “Let’s not talk about that since I’ve sort things out with Chae-rim-ah yesterday, okay?”

She nods and they start walking, with Kwangmin having no idea where Nera’s heading to and why is he still following her.

“Nera-yah~!!!”

They both look up front, noticing a figure jog slightly approaching them.

“Yah! You’re late! We’re starving! Rimmie already there! She cooks more than enough for us today!”

Yun-ah turn to another what she said ‘a figure or walking stick’ beside Nera.

“Oh! And you are?”

“Jo Kwangmin.”

Yun-ah shrinks a bit; she knew he’s one of the twins when she heard this family name, Jo.

 “The scary one?”

Kwangmin let out a chuckle, “Anniyo.”

“Great! Nice to meet you! I’m Kim Yun-ah, and I guess you already know Nera Liu, she’s a mix and I’m not in the position to explain those anyway.” She averted her eyes to Nera’s hand.

“Let me carry those!” she grabs the bag happily and run back to where she came from.

Nera let out a sigh, “Sorry. She’s always like that when it comes to food.”

“It’s okay, I understand.” Kwangmin suddenly remember about Minwoo and his FOOD.

 

“Chae-rimmie! We’re here!”

Chae-rim looks to the source of the voice, “Yun-ah! Nera-yah! And…”, widening her eyes, she immediately stand up. “Kwangmin-s-I mean Kwangmin-ah!”

The only guy smile, “Hi. Sorry for interrupting your lunch time.”

“It’s okay. Want to join us? I cook a lot!” She earns nods from Kwangmin.

Chae-rim sits first than make a room for Kwangmin to sit.

“Wow. You cook?”

Yun-ah snort, “Girls cooks, guys eats. Don’t you know?”

Nera roll her eyes, “Oh really? You must be a guy then. Or guy in girl’s disguise.”

They continue their cat fight as Chae-rim distributes the food for the four of them to eat. Kwangmin feel glad that they’re eating at the school garden, where student least go to eat since it’s quite far from classrooms; giving the student to NO attention on him.

“Uhm, Kwangmin? I hope you’re okay with me using the top of the lunch box to fill the rice for you. And lucky for you, I somehow pack another pair of chopstick with me.” She takes the chopstick out.

“Here you go.”

Kwangmin take the chopstick as Chae-rim reveal her extra-large lunch box.

Seriously, this girl cooks too much.

There’s tempura, ddubbeokkki, kimchi…you name it.

“Are you sure you’re cooking for the right amount of people? Seeing this make me think that you cook for ten or maybe for a feast!”

Nera waves her hand lightly, “Brush your worries aside, Kwangmin-sshi. The girl in front of you…” pointing to Yun-ah, “…can eat A LOT. Just wait and see. Oh, you better start eating coz she’s starting to clear the ddubbeokki off.”

Kwangmin turn back to the lunch boxes and saw Yun-ah chew her…who knows what bite she’s currently chew, chewing a piece of ddubbeokki.

“I’ll eat well!” he pray before tasting the ddubbeokki; he’s favorite dish, while Chae-rim place him a large box of rice in front of him.

“Chae-rim-ah, this is good!” praised Kwangmin.

Chae-rim looks to her side, “J-Jjinja?”

Take another piece of ddubbeokki into his mouth, he nods and somehow manage to show thumbs up to her.

Her eyes soften at the sight of him eating, “Glad that you like it! Eat up, there’s plenty more there!”

About 15 minutes later, the lunch boxes, food that they bought are clean, thanks to Yun-ah and her apatite.

Now, they are cleaning the place; gathering wrappers, washing the boxes and more.

Chae-rim put all the wrappers into a plastic bag on her right hand and attempts to take the stacking boxes on her left to be wash.

“Let me help you,” without looking at the voice, she feels a warm hand brushing her right hand.

“A-Ani…gwenchana…”

“No, really. Let me help. You’ll just get the box dirtier if you slip these out from your grip.”

Nodding at the possibility of Kwangmin’s thought to happen, Chae-rim allow Kwangmin to take the box from her.

“I’ll come and help you after I throw these away, okay?”

He nods and walks away towards the nearest sink to wash the lunch boxes.

“I see you’re smiling!” tease Nera, suddenly appear probably after washing her hands.

Chae-rim blush, “W-well! I just smile, so what?”

“You’re smiling when he’s around!” Yun-ah exclaim happily, copying Nera; appearing out of nowhere.

“Were you expecting me to cry or mad at him when he’s around?”

Nera smirk, “Like you would do.”

“Nera-yah! Yun-ah!”

The two of them laugh, “Oh dear, you finally meet your prince charming.”

“Soon you’ll get your first kiss!” squeal Yun-ah.

“W-what?! We’re not dating yet!”

A gleeful plus stupid looks-like grin plastered across Nera and Yun-ah’s lips.

“Did I hear the word YET? So, you’re saying that you like him already?”

This time, they both succeed on making Chae-rim’s face blush like tomatoes.

“Chae-rim-ah, here’s your…Why’s your face red? Are you sick? Are you cold?” Kwangmin hand her those lunch when he saw her redden face, worry controls him when he place his palm on her forehead; trying to feel her temperature.

Nera and Yun-ah giggle silently.

“A-Aniyo…I’m fine.”

Kwangmin look at her as he retreat his hand, “Really?”

“N-Nde…Nera and Yun-ah were just teasing me…and make me…feel embarrass. That’s all.”

The guy turns to Nera and Yun-ah, wants to confirm her story and they both nods towards him.

“Okay then. Here’s your lunch box. Girls, thanks for the food. I need to go know before that twin of mine got panic and start using our school’s microphone to call me.”

The four of them laugh, “Good to be friend with you, Kwangmin-sshi.” Said Yun-ah.

“Same here.” Add Nera. Chae-rim just keeps quiet, making Kwangmin smiles fade a bit.

“Yeah, definitely great being friend with you. Nera-sshi, once again, I’m sorry for my hyung’s behavior.”

“It’s okay. You better get going now~”

Kwangmin nods. “See you later! Thanks for the meal!”

“Just come here if you want to have Chae-rim’s cooking!” yelled Yun-ah to the boy that jogged inside the building.

Kwangmin respon with a smile and nods, before going completely out of their sight.

 

Evening at the twins and Donghyun’s house

Youngmin run towards their share rooms and bang the door open, feeling annoy to death already.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you went to hyung’s café after school?! I was searching for you at the entire school!”

Kwangmin sit up on his bed, “Check your phone.”

“What?”

The younger got up, walk to his twins and dive his hand on the other’s pocket to take out Youngmin’s phone.

He unlocks the keypad and shoves the phone to Youngmin.

3 NEW MESSAGE(S)

The elder snatch his phone back, “I got three new messages, so what?”

“Duh! Read it, OUT LOUD.”

He turn back to his phone as he start to open his messages one by one and of course…read it out loud, just like his twin request him to do so.

“From Kwangie, ‘Youngie, since I know that you’re probably DIDN’T listen that I mention to you earlier in the class about me going to hyung’s café…I want to let you know that I’m CURRENTLY at his café, so stop searching for me and go home...or come here…whatever your option is, up to you…’”

He shrugs, “You could just give me a call!”

“I did! All I heard when you picked up the call was rustling sound!”

Youngmin pout, maybe I accidently answer it and then put it back on my pocket.

The elder twin walk to his bed and plop down before continue checking the other two new messages.

From: Donghyun-hyung

Sub: Hey…

Youngmin, what did you do this time? Why’s Kwangmin come here by himself?

 

“Oh great! Now I’m doom! Thanks to you, you little devil!” accuse Youngmin to Kwangmin.

“What did I do?”

Youngmin look across his bed, “You plus walking alone to the café a.k.a NOT without ME equals to paranoid Donghyun-hyung.”

The younger smile slightly, “Whoops! Sorry.”

“Yah! You better cover me up during dinner!” reply him as he throws one of his pillows to Kwangmin.

The pillow hit Kwangmin face, “You’re saying that as if it was my fau-”

“Yes, it was!”

“Oh really? I thought-”

“Jo Kwangmin!”

Kwangmin let out a series of chuckle, “Arasseo.”

Youngmin go back to another message as the other begins to take out his iPod, probably trying to block his ears from Youngmin’s upcoming nag.

From: Yang Mi-ra

Sub: ^^

Oppa!!! <3 I miss you! TT__TT Were you cheating on me behind my back?

>.<

 

Youngmin’s POV

Mi-ra! OMG, I miss her a lot!!! Nae yeoja-chingu!

She’s my girlfriend and she’s currently at Canada, staying there with her parents.

Mi-ra’s family was our neighbor, we lost contact when my old house was burned and we move.

I was 5 years old when the tragedy that took away my father’s life and Kwangie’s health happen.

Few years later, we met again at hospital; my mom and I went there to take Kwangmin to his monthly appointment as she was there visiting her relative.

I thought we’re going to get close like before…but I was wrong. Her mother told us that they’re going to Canada, her dad got transfer there.

 

FLASHBACK

At the airport *the twins age is 10 and Donghyun is 15*

“I’m sorry oppa, I’ll be back soon!” she chirped happily.

Their mother smiles towards their child; amuse by their little farewell chat.

“N-noona…t-take care…” Kwangmin said, whispering as he let out those words; he was still recovering from his recent asthma attack. Their mother told him to stay but he knew if he stay, Youngmin will cry when the plane take off, he will be searching for the younger’s comfort.

He stands beside Donghyun, whom worriedly watch the younger; his breathe was still come out with the wheezing sound.

*Kwangmin calls her noona because within the three of them, he’s the maknae.*

Youngmin walk slowly to her, handing her a phone.

“Take my phone with you.”

The younger walk slowly towards Youngmin, left hand on chest, when Mi-ra took the phone from Youngmin’s hand.

“B-but, isn’t this yours?”

Their mother gave them phone since they both love going out for an adventure *as to what Youngmin said every time he went out* to locate them.

Youngmin, Kwangmin and Donghyun each own a phone.

“Yours cannot be use, and I couldn’t wait for you to have a new one so I’m giving this to you…at least before you get the better one…If you’re bored, happy, sad or anything, just call me…through Kwangmin’s number.”

The innocent girl bounces up and down, “I can call you if I bored? Even if you’re sleeping?”

Youngmin pout, “Not when I’m sleeping. You know I sleep like dead.”

All of them laugh, with Kwangmin having coughing fit seconds later.

Donghyun kneel down in front of him and hug him, rubbing his back as he try to sooth the other’s breathing.

“Well then, we better get going…” said Mi-ra’s mother. The lady then went to hug her dearest friend, the twins’ mother while whispering words.

The little family stayed there since Youngmin told them that he wanted to watch the plane take off.

Right after the plane took off, Youngmin stare at it until the plane grew smaller and smaller before crying onto Kwangmin’s shoulder; soaking the other’s shirt.

“G-Gwenchana…Y-Youngie…s-she promise…t-that she’ll be..b-back, …r-right?”

Youngmin nods, still crying and hugging the younger.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

I smiled towards the memory; feeling stupid that I cried on Kwangie’s shoulder. I'm always look out for him for comfort...

I'm suppose to take care of him since I'm the hyung, right? 

I ended up killing our free time by texting with her until Donghyun-hyung got back.

End of Youngmin’s POV

 

*Sangdungi - Twins

*Hyung - brother

*Anniyo - no / it's not

*Jjinja - really

*Gwenchana - I'm fine / It's okay -->depends on the situation

 

===========================

 

First of all, sorry for not being able to update...*bow*

I lost my hard drive where I write this fic and I found it last two days....

Please leave a comment...A simple or short comment will do help me a lot...

Thanks for reading! :D