The promise he made...

Our Love Story

 

FLASHBACK

“Umma! Why is my dongsaeng like this?” yelled Youngmin to his mother to get her attention as he watch his younger twins kneel down, left hand holding tightly to his chest.

“Youngmin, I told you not to-OMO! Kwangmin!” she was about to scold the elder twins but stop to do so when she walk in and saw the younger one kneel down.

The mother rub the younger’s twins back smoothly as she hope it will ease the pain which soon works when Kwangmin slowly catch his breath and fall asleep almost instantly due to his tiredness.

She carry the little boy in her arm while Youngmin follow closely to his mother.

“Umma, what’s wrong with Kwanggie? Is he sick?”

She put Kwangmin gently on his bed as she continue to pat the boy’s chest softly.

“Nde, Youngmin. Kwanggie is sick.”

Youngmin nods, “Why don’t you give him medicine? Like you gave to me last time when I had a cold.”

She shook her head, “It’s not the same as your cold, Younggie dear.

Youngmin saw his mother smile softly to her as he scrunch his face in confuse, Kwangmin is sick and he could not eat medicine?

“What is his illness, umma?”

She stop patting Kwangmin’s chest as she turn to the elder twins.

Feeling grateful mix with a little of happiness to the fact that her twins care about each other, she let out a big content sigh, while trying to explain to the 8-years-old boy about his twins.

It’s true, they’re twins but not both having healthy body.

They both use to own them, not until their house were burned down due to the gas tank explode in the kitchen, causing death to his father with Kwangmin trapped inside the house for hours.

He was not feeling well during that unfortunate day, while his brother and mother went out to buy stuff.

Kwangmin were then being brought out by the rescuer several hours later, when the firemen finally put out the fire at almost the entire house.

After that incident, he was diagnose with weak bronchi and lungs, taking away all the active soul in him.

As he grew older, it’s either he turn healthier or sicker.

He was growing healthier with asthma to live on with.

“So, umma, what is Kwanggie illness?”

“It’s asthma, Youngie. The one that will cause someone feel hard to breath.”

The mother continue to tell the symptoms, the cause or things that might trigger tha attack and much more.”

“That’s bad.”

“It is.”

Youngmin look up only to see his mother’s sad face.

“Don’t worry umma! Youngie will take care of him!” he said happily.

She turn and kneel down to Youngmin, giving a good moment of stare which later hugs him.

“I know you will.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Youngmin still remember the promise he made when he was young; to take care of his twin. Aware of his illness and his personality that is opposite of him, he know everything about the other. Plus, they are twins.

“Kwangmin! Come down this instant!” called the elder to the younger one.

“I’ll be there in a sec!!”

Youngmin shook his head, knowing his twin is always like this; focusing on something and then forget to eat that he skip his meals.

Since the death of their mother, Kwangmin has caught severe attack; his asthma would work up every time he cried, missing their late mother.

Before his mother die, she adopted a boy that older than twins by 5 years; namely Donghyun to fill up their life.

And now, there are only three of them, with Donghyun being the eldest, taking care of the two and love them like his own brothers.

Youngmin heard rushing footstep approaching as he set up the table.

“What’s up, Youngie?”

“Nothing, just calling you to have a dinner.”

Kwangmin look at the clock hanging at the wall and then back to his twins; wanted to ask if it’s night already.

He haven’t gotten away from his study desk finishing his homework due to being absent from school, sick.

And Youngmin, as if he can read the others, nods while crossing his arms towards his chest.

“Donghyun-hyung will eat with us and currently taking his bath. I bet you’ll have some ‘brothers’ time with him today AND you won’t get away.”

Youngmin take his seat next to Kwangmin as the other pout, “You shouldn’t call me for dinner than.”

“Come on, he scold you because he love you! Well…maybe a little bit about you skip your meal…but WELL! WE love you, that’s why we scold you. That’s the main point of scolding you.”

“Youngie-hyung, you talk too much.”

“Yah! Go wash your hand!”

Kwangmin smile childishly, “I already did!”

“When? I didn’t see you near a sink or something!”

“Upstairs!”

Youngmin was about to talk back but was being stopped by their hyung.

“What are you guys fighting about this time?”

Donghyun walk to the table while he drying his hair using the towel.

“Hyung, we’re not fighting. We’re arguing.” Exclaim Kwangmin.

He then gives Kwangmin don’t-you-have-something-to-tell-me stare.

“…”

Youngmin nudge his twins, asking him to say something.

“…Okay! I admit it! I-I…skipped meals! Mianhae, Donghyun-hyung!”

Donghyun sigh, what if he went overboard and exhaust himself that he’ll ended up in hospital, receiving treatment for his asthma?

“Wait! What do you mean by MEALS? How many meals did you skipped?”

Kwangmin open his mouth to say something but nothing came out when he started to count back how many meals did he skipped.

“Youngmin?” asked Donghyun.

“Well…uhm…since you stay out for work…and I was out with friends…he skipped at least 3 meals…I guess…”

“Youngie!” Kwangmin whine to his doppelganger.

The eldest of them let out a content sigh, “I’m not going to scold you today. You’re all grown up and you can think which good and bad. Let’s just eat, okay?”

Kwangmin stare down at his bowl of rice, suddenly feel like he’s causing burden to their sibling with his asthma. He didn’t have apatite to eat but he forces himself to swallow a full portion of his to keep them off from worrying about him.

He then went to sink to wash the dishes; leaving the other two feeling quite surprise that he could finish it in a short time.

“I’ll eat my meds and go to bed.” Announce him before swallowing his meds.

While the youngest one in the kitchen, the two that still eating in the kitchen stop and start whispering each other.

“I didn’t even scold him, why did he act different?”

Youngmin steal a glance towards the kitchen entrance before answering a simple ‘don’t know, hyung’ and then stuff his mouth with rice.

“Donghyun-hyung…”

Donghyun look up and saw Kwangmin standing before his eyes, “Nde?”

“…I can go to school tomorrow, right?”

“We’ll talk about this later. I’ll go to room after I finish eating.”

He just nods and walks away; making Youngmin felt pity at his twins.

But he needs to be punishing a little bit so he wouldn’t do the same mistake again.

Moments later

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Come in.”

Donghyun walk in with a tray fill in a glass of warm milk on his right hand.

Kwangmin, who was lying down, staring at ceiling for the whole time, sit up when he saw Donghyun enter the room that he shared with his twins.

“Hyung…”

The brunet boy pats his bed softly, signaling the elder to sit next to him.

He smiles when the elder did what he asked him to do.

“What’s that?”

Donghyun lift up the glass and give to Kwangmin.

“It’s warm milk. I knew that you can’t sleep every time you had a problem.”

“Problem? What problem?”

Donghyun shrug, “I don’t know, you tell me.”

“…I just…once again I feel like I’m a burden. That’s all.”

Donghyun remove the glass from him and then pull him close to his chest.

“You’re never being a burden to us. We love you, how come you could think of that once again?”

Kwangmin shook his head, knowing Donghyun could feel the movement.

“We’re just being protective towards you, we couldn’t help it. I bet you’ll do the same thing if you’re in our shoe!”

He nods understanding, glad that they didn’t think him being their burden.

“Now…” Donghyun pull away from the hug, grab that warm milk and hand it back to him.

“Drink this and go to sleep, okay?”

Kwangmin nods and drink it in one go.

“You’re gonna chocked yourself, you know.”

Kwangmin smile and hand the empty glass to him, while Youngmin walk in, escaping a big yawn of his.

“Haven’t sleep yet?”

Donghyun shook his head and Kwangmin answer that he will soon.

“Uhm, hyung…can I go to school tomorrow?”

“Are you feeling well now?”

Kwangmin smile’s widen, “Very very well!”

“Hmmm….” The one with red hair hold out his right hand and palm it towards Kwangmin’s forehead.

“You don’t have a fever and you didn’t wheeze…”

Kwangmin pull out his best puppy eyes ever, hoping he’ll get to go to school tomorrow.

“Not that!...Okay fine! Tell Youngmin if you’re not feeling well, or call me. Got it?”

“YES! Thanks hyung!”

Donghyun mess his hair and kiss him on his forehead, “Go to sleep now.”

Youngmin who was watching them the whole time, pout to Donghyun.

“When will I get my good night kiss?”

Kwangmin lay down when Donghyun chuckle as he walk to Youngmin’s bed to kiss his forehead.

“There you go. I’ll switch off the light. Good night you two.”

“Good night hyung! Saranghae~”

=e=e=e=e=e=e=

This is the first chapter...I'm really scared of posting this but a friend of my said just give it a try... Please be nice to me.. *bow*