Allons-y

Better With A Dozen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
         By the next Friday, Chanyeol was packed, and ready to leave.

On Saturday, right after he read the invitation from Jongdae and Xiumin, he'd gotten excited for a break from campus living. 

      By Tuesday, he had his 3 large suitcases filled up (only one of them with actual clothes) his laptop, and his guitar. Chanyeol never left for anywhere without anything music related, wether it was his guitar, his computer composing program or even sometimes his keyboard.

    Since his apartment was so small, he had probably already fit at least half of it's contents in his bags. He'd made himself promise though, that he wouldn't bring any textbooks or anything from any other courses besides his music and fine arts stuff. This was supposed to be a fun trip spent with his friends. Not his school work.

Chanyeol had never actually met Jongdae's boyfriend in person, but the fact that this guy was Jongdae's boyfriends  meant he was probably decent.

Chanyeol couldn't remember the last time his friend had actually found someone nice and stayed with them for more than a month.

     Shortly after he'd packed, he'd called Sehun to ask him if he could keep track of his mail for him, only to find out that Sehun was going too. Yes, he was even more excited now, but that meant he would have to ask his neighbour, Kim Taehyung, to do it. And that guy was weird.

Most of the people in Chanyeol's building were either weird, creepy, or never there. In fact, he'd never seen the apartment down the hall so much as show any signs of life since he moved in. 

Kim Taehyung was okay, but he'd always invite his six other friends over and who knows what crazy they did.

    Taehyung never came in to tell him to shut up when he was practicing his singing, so Chanyeol never had the guts to tell him and his friends to shut up. Especially since they sometimes belted out songs next door, too. They were actually pretty good sometimes.

 

    One thing Chanyeol was worried about though, was that he counted, and he could only think of six people Jongdae would ever invite on a trip, including his own boyfriend. The invitation had said that nine other people were invited. That meant him, Jongdae, and Xiumin, weren't included. And that meant nine other people besides them were going.

Trying to think of all the people in his and Jongdae's group, he named; Sehun, Suho, Kris, and Kai. But then that made 7, and 5 more were coming? 

Not that Chanyeol wasn't used to meeting strangers. That sounded like every Friday night he'd had this year. Except he usually broke contact with those strangers the next morning.

Maybe if the other five were girls, he wouldn't be so nervous, but inviting girls didn't seem like a very 'Jongdae' thing to do.

He'd ask Jongdae about the guest list after his Friday morning classes. To which he was already late for.

 

    First today, Chanyeol had Language Arts. 

Unfortunately, none of his friends shared any of his classes. This course, he could see why. Getting up early on Friday definitely wasn't something he enjoyed either. For his other courses, he was just unlucky. 

  He didn't really need to improve his language skills for any specific reason, like writing books or poems. He had his song writing for that. Language Arts had just always been his favorite class, and he was reluctant to let it go when he graduated high school.

 

Waiting for him right when he walked into the Classroom, was Jenny, his classmate. 

It was obvious she'd been looking for him, because right away, she stormed up to him, arms crossed, and scowling.

"Why haven't you called me?" She blocked his path and demanded.

"What do you mean?" He tried to play innocent but the look on Jenny's face showed she knew it was bull.

 "I've been trying to find you since last Sunday Chanyeol, don't act like an idiot." 

He could pretend like he forgot what happened between them that Saturday night, but he knew she would just remind him over and over again if he did.

"Look, Jenny, I don't know about you but I was drunk Saturday night. Sorry but I wasn't exactly looking for anything long term." He shrugged. Jenny's scowl turned into an angry glare.

"Oh I get it," she raised her voice. A few of the people in the class turned their attention towards the pair of them. "You're just one of those guys that think they can get any girl, and use her until they feel they're done." She rolled her eyes and let out an incredulous laugh. "You're a , Chanyeol. And a heartbreaker."

Then, she looked him in the eyes for what Chanyeol felt was eternity, before she slapped him hard across the face and stormed off, out of the class.

 

   For the rest of class, Chanyeol's cheek hurt. At least four people came up and asked him what happened to his face. His answer was always the same. "I hit my face on the door on the way out this morning."  

He may have been able to believe it himself, except Jenny's hand had hurt a lot more than his door would.

One day, he would maybe apologize to her, but she didn't seem like she wanted to talk to him ever again.

This definitely wasn't worth last Saturday. 

 It wasn't the first time Chanyeol had a fight with a girl for something along the same lines, but most of the time the girl just cried and ran away. He's never had anyone slap him that hard, much less be that mad. 

He wasn't a heartbreaker. Was he? Maybe.

It was like he had two different versions of himself. The nice him, who hung out with his awesome friends and had all kinds of fun, but then there was the 'player' him, who met girls and had another kind of fun, but never felt any emotional connection.

Its not his fault that he hasn't found 'the one' yet is it? What's wrong with constantly looking?

He added that to the list of things he would ask Jongdae after class.

 

 

   He found Jongdae talking with his classmate Minho, coming out of the North east buildings around noon.

Upon seeing his giant friend boundi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter