The Fourth Day

Better With A Dozen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day 4 began like usual.

 

Xiumin woke up Jongdae at a rather unacceptable hour, just to make him wake everyone else up.

 

He was sad that day 3 was gone. He missed the boats, and the lake. But of course, Xiumin would have something planned for day 4 too.

 

Apparently, the others were anticipating it too. Most of them were already awake when he invaded their rooms.

Suho was already dressed as stylish as always, and Chanyeol dragged a sleepy Sehun across the floor.

 

 

Like days before, the twelve of them met in the living room on the couches.

Jongdae thought it was cute how they weren’t as tired as they were previously. They were getting used to this.

 

Xiumin took the floor first, grabbing everyone’s attention.

“Okay. Contrary to popular belief,” He started. “I don’t really have anything interesting planned for today. I mean, I was gonna suggest going for a drive to this little town, but I’m too tired, so it's up to you guys!”

He made a point of leaning back into the cushions and throwing his hands behind his head.

 

Jongdae chuckled. As much as Xiumin was organized and enthusiastic, he could be extremely lazy. It wasn’t unlike him.

No one seemed very disappointed though.  

 

“What do you guys want to do?” Xiumin asked.

Jongdae didn't have a clue.

 

Chanyeol, apparently, did. He was bouncing in his seat, raising his hand high in the air like a little student.

Xiumin, like a teacher, pointed to him.

“I have something I’d like to do,” He smirked. “But first I have to ask the model.”

 

He watched half the room turn to Suho.

 

Suho looked at each face, startled.

“What?” He asked. Then it dawned on him. His eyes widened and he turned to Chanyeol. “Why did you have to bring that up?” He demanded.

 

Chanyeol laughed. “You’re part of my idea.”

 

Suho rolled his eyes. “What is it?”

 

Chanyeol smiled.

“So, Suho?” He asked, mockingly.

 

Suho glared at him.

 

“How much clothing did you bring here this week?” He asked.

 

Suho shrugged. “Maybe… half my closet?”

 

Jongdae heard Kris’s loud gasp.

 

“Suho, your closet is massive!”

 

“So?”

 

“So, that’s a lot of clothes!” Sehun added.

Suho shrugged again.

 

“So I’m guessing a lot. Good.” Chanyeol continued. “And how much makeup did you bring?”

 

“Makeup?!” Suho said in disbelief. “What makes you think I have makeup?”

 

“Nobody's face is that flawless, Suho.” Chanyeol retorted.

Suho opened his mouth to reply, but hung his head instead.

 

“So I'm guessing a lot.” Chanyeol repeated.

 

Suho nodded shamefully.

 

“Perfect.” Chanyeol beamed.

“What exactly are you planning on using my makeup and clothes for?” He asked.

 

“I want you to teach us to model.” Chanyeol replied.

 

“What?!”

 

Jongdae nearly fell off the couch.

“Come on, show us how to do fabulous makeup and dress all stylish like you.” He urged.

 

Suho seemed to consider it.

“... I can do better than that.” He said quietly.

 

“What?” Chanyeol asked, almost as surprised as the rest of them. Most mouths in the living room hung open, some smiling.

 

“I can organize a ‘Make-a-model’.” Suho said, surprisingly confident.

 

“What the hell is ‘Make-a-model’?” Kris asked.

 

“It’s self-explanatory. I make you into models and show you how to walk the runway and stuff.”

 

“But didn’t you only do photo-shoots?” Sehun asked.

 

“That’s not what’s important.”

 

Jongdae couldn't believe what was going on.

 

“Fine.” Chanyeol agreed.

 

“Who's gonna model, though?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

“I have one person in mind already.” Suho said, mimicking Chanyeol’s grin from earlier.

 

“Who?” Jongdae asked.

 

“Lay.”

He looked to Lay, who’s head shot up and went even paler than his usual skin tone.

“Me?”

 

“Uhuh.”

 

Jongdae felt bad for poor Lay. With the way everyone stared at him, it didn’t look like he had much of a choice.

 

“...Okay.” He surrendered.

Suho winked at him.

 

“Who else?”

 

“I nominate baekhyun!” Chanyeol shouted, pointing his long arm at Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun looked more amused than shocked.

Suho didn’t give him time to debate. He simply went on.

 

“Then there’s two.” He confirmed, and began scanning the room for other victims.

 

Then, Luhan spoke up. “Tao!” He suggested.
 

“Heck no.” Tao laughed.

 

“Yes.” Luhan said.

 

“No.” Tao repeated.

 

“You have to.” Luhan whined.

 

“Fine” Tao shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Okay, is that it?” Suho asked.

 

“Looks like it.” Jongdae said.

 

“Okay. Are you all sure?”
Everyone who hadn’t been thrown into the Make-a-model shouted yes.

 

“Okay. I’m gonna go set up, come with me, models.” Suho hopped off the couch and bounced up the stairs, with Baekhyun, Lay and Tao struggling to keep up.

While he left, Jongdae registered all his friends’ expressions. Xiumin was smiling, amused, Luhan and Kyungsoo were watching the models go, and Kris, Kai, and Sehun were all looking at each other, trying to register the situation .

 

Chanyeol burst out laughing.

 

“I can’t believe he actually agreed to that.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Of all the things they could've done, The last thing Suho expected them to do was this.

 

Actually, he wasn't even aware that anyone other than his friends knew about his modeling, but a lot less people seemed surprised than he expected.

His modeling days weren’t ones to hide, they were fun, he just forgot.

 

Of course Chanyeol had to bring it up again.

 

When he was a model he didn't really do a lot of his own makeup. He had hired stylists do it for him. The only things he had to go on were the tips and instructions he’d gathered, and that would have to be enough. It would be fun to try it out, anyway. He really did bring a lot of makeup, and his closet was truly huge.

 

The part he was looking forward to the most, was doing Lay’s makeover. He was already cute as it was, but with Suho’s experience he’d be surprised if the others could recognize him by the time he was finished.

 

Of course, the other two were gorgeous as well, but something about Lay made it seem more exciting. It might've been because he was the most doubtful of all of them, so Suho was excited to show him what he could do.

 

 

When they got up to Suho’s room and successfully made sure no one could get in, Baekhyun took his place at Suho’s makeshift makeup table.

Suho gave him black jeans, and a gray T-shirt, with a white and black cardigan with accessories like a couple rings and a necklace.

For makeup, he put what he usually would all over his face, especially on his eyes because Baekhyun requested extra eyeliner, and then he fixed his hair all nice, and finished.

 

 

Tao was a little bit harder.

He put Tao in a fancy leather jacket, ripped blue jeans, and bracelets. Tons of bracelets.

For his makeup, he slathered on eyeliner, nearly as much as baekhyun, and made his hair all spiky. He even gave him some earrings.

 

Then came Lay’s turn.

 

Suho felt bad for making him do it, because he obviously didn't want to.

 

He decided not to make him dress in anything to wild. He threw him a red and white checker patterned shirt, a watch, and leather pants, and directed him to put them on.

It looked good on him. Really good. If he didn't know any better, Suho would suspect that he was also a model, and he didn't even have the makeup on yet. The pants made him look like he had twice the leg, and the shirt trimmed down his torso and made it seem like he might have had abs underneath the top. Who knew.

 

 

Tao and Baekhyun literally had to drag him into the chair.

 

Once he sat, he kept his head hung low.

Suho hesitantly placed his index finger under his chin, tilting his head up to meet his eyes. Lay was the color of a tomato. He didn't hold his gaze for long, as he quickly flicked his eyes back down.

 

Suho took a deep breath. He kept his finger on lays chin, and he wasn't sure if he was ever going to move it.

 

“Lay, what's wrong? Are you nervous?” He asked quietly.

 

Lay flicked his eyes back up and pulled his head away from Suho’s touch, squirming in the chair until his spine was as straight as a pole.

“I'm fine, go ahead.”

He looked back down again. Suho was beginning to find this annoying, but kind of funny nonetheless.

 

“Geez, you sound like I'm about to torture you or something,” he joked, hoping to make an obviously spooked Lay feel better.

Lay awkwardly chuckled. Not much, but that was the best he'd get.

 

The entire time he did his makeup, Suho’s heart inexplicably went faster than usual, and the room got gradually warmer.

Both symptoms got increasingly more prominent with every flutter of Lay’s eyelashes as he closed his eyes, and every soft breath he felt on his arm when he brought the brushes up to his alarmingly clear skinned face.

 

The worst was every time Suho said “Okay, look at me.” And his fingers would go back to Lay's jaw, out of habit, and he'd look into his eyes, coated with more noticable colours or shades each time, and for a fraction of a moment, he'd forget what he was even checking.

He felt like he was painting a portrait.

 

Suho himself, probably looked ridiculous.

When he did makeup, his mouth would hang open and he'd bizarrely squint his eyes.

 

Maybe that's why Lay didn't want to look at him.

 

He asked for his eyes one last time, getting lost again, before announcing that he was finished.

Immediately, Lay jumped up from the chair, walking over to the mirror, followed by Baekhyun and Tao.

 

“Whoa! You look awesome!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“I think you look the best,” Tao said.

 

Lay stared at himself in the mirror, turning his head side to side, sliding his fingers up his cheeks and down again.

Suho walked over.

 

“Careful, don't wipe it off.”

 

Lay moved his fascinated gaze to him, in the mirror. He held it, grinning.

 

“So are we done? Should we go?” Baekhyun asked, stealing Lay’s attention away.

 

“Go ahead and practice walking or whatever, I'm gonna do myself last. Just don't let anyone see you.”

 

Baekhyun nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter