The Sixth Day

Better With A Dozen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He’d gotten a crush. No doubt about it.

 

Baekhyun had developed the inevitable feelings for none other than playboy Park Chanyeol.

 

He lay, arms crossed pouting on the upstairs couch, frowning at the ceiling. It was roughly 7:00am and everyone was still in their rooms probably sleeping, but Baekhyun couldn’t sleep, thinking about Chanyeol.

He couldn’t figure out how it happened. “The model thing?, the tube? The town?...”

He went through the list in his head. Surely it hadn’t gotten to the point where he couldn’t shake it, it was just a little crush. He sighed. Unfortunately, It seemed like it wasn’t.

 

He cursed himself over and over. How could he let himself fall for someone like this again? Maybe he was just constantly unlucky. Not meant to ever find love. Or if he did, he’d never be happy with it.

One thing became apparent in his early morning thought process. He had to stop. He had to get Chanyeol out of his head before it got even worse.

He hadn’t talked to him the whole day before, so that was progress, but still, much to his anger he missed him. And avoiding the guy wasn’t an option.

 

The only other thing he saw besides the ceiling in his frustrated state was the wall clock beside him. He tried to think of random things like books or memories, or even sing songs in his head as the hours passed by on the clock. Before he knew it, it was 9:30.  Xiumin and Jongdae left their room hand in hand and sleepy looking at about 9:40. That was a late start for them. They said hi to Baekhyun on their way downstairs but obviously didn’t register what he was doing there. More time passed and Kai, Luhan, Kyungsoo and Suho went downstairs. Only Suho noticed him, who just muttered “Hey,” and proceeded to leave. Eventually, Lay, Tao, Sehun, and Kris passed by, all bidding him good morning this time.

 

Baekhyun was confused as to why he hadn’t seen Chanyeol pass until the man himself emerged from his room. Baekhyun immediately pretended he was sleeping, but nonetheless, Chanyeol saw him and propped himself on the other couch.

 

“Hey, Baek!” He said, way too loud.

 

Sighing, Baekhyun opened his eyes, and smiled at him. Chanyeol just looked at him, grinning and biting his lower lip slightly.

Baekhyun’s heart jolted in his chest. Seeing Chanyeol in person sure made it harder to forget about him. It was like he knew and wanted to torture him.

 

Neither of them said anything for a while.

Baekhyun considered pretending to fall asleep again.

 

Then, Chanyeol decided to speak.

 

“Hey, Baek, can I ask you something?” He smirked.

 

Baekhyun felt scared that he might be weird if he answered so he just acting as cool as possible. “Yeah sure, what’s up dude?”

 

Maybe too ‘cool’.

 

“Well, I consider you as my friend so I wanted to ask your opinion.”

Baekhyun fought the urge to smile.

 

“Would you say I’m ‘hot’?”

 

It was then that Baekhyun’s mind went, “Holy ! What?!”

 

It was impossible coincidental that Chanyeol should ask that question. Panic took over every part of his body. Chanyeol just sat there, waiting for an answer, unaware that Baekhyun was on fire internally.

 

Realizing he had to reply, Baekhyun chose something to say from the swirling words flying around in his head.

“Um, sure, I guess…” He replied.

 

Chanyeol frowned. “I guess that was kind of a weird question… but would you say I’m attractive or… desirable?”

Baekhyun just nodded his head, incapable of anything else. Agreeing was better than hurting his feelings, he guessed.

 

Chanyeol turned away, seemingly thinking.

 

“So, another question,” Chanyeol said, smirking.

 

“Tell me about that girl you said you dated back in highschool. You know, so I can, like, avoid people like her, you know?”

Baekhyun felt like he was going to pass out.

 

“She was nice, I guess, it just didn’t work out…” He replied fairly composed.

 

“Why?” Chanyeol pushed.

 

“Well, we, um, we weren’t really into the same stuff I guess.”

Chanyeol nodded slowly.

 

“So what was her name?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun was starting to grow suspicious of the grin on his face. Nonetheless, he tried to figure out a name. The boy he did like back in school was named Minho,  but he couldn’t say that, so instead he said,

 

“Minha.”

 

“Isn’t that the name of a celebrity?” Chanyeol asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Maybe, uh, but that was her name.”

 

“Hmm” Chanyeol said, nodding his head again.

 

Baekhyun suddenly became aware of the sweat dripping down his forehead.

 

“Oh Baekhyun…” Chanyeol sighed.

 

Baekhyun braced himself for what he was about to hear.

 

“You’re such a liar!” He said laughing.

 

“Wh-what?”Baekhyun asked him, startled.

“Go on, tell me his name. Your boyfriend or whoever.”

 

Baekhyun fought the urge to scream. He felt dizzy.

“Huh?!”

 

Chanyeol continued laughing.

 

“You know I’m gay?” Baekhyun practically whispered.

Chanyeol nodded.

 

This time Baekhyun grew angry. Embarrassed of course, because Chanyeol totally suspected his crush, but also angry.

“How did you find out?!” He demanded.

 

Chanyeol stopped laughing. He started looking a little nervous.

“I um, I just suspected.”

 

“Yeah sure.” Baekhyun scoffed. “So what is this, are trying to seduce me or something? Jesus, Chanyeol I thought we were friends.”

 

“Look, Baek I’m sorry-” Chanyeol tried to speak but Baekhyun was too pissed off to let him.

 

“Is this what you do?! Huh?! You make people like you and then- and then you just use them and dump them don’t you! I know your ways!”

 

“Baekhyun, no! I-”

 

“You said it yourself, you don’t do ‘girlfriends’! What, you expect me to believe you do ‘boyfriends’? Are you that desperate?”

 

“Baekhyun hold on a second, would just let me talk?”

 

Baekhyun realized he was being unreasonable. Chanyeol hadn’t even said a word about liking him, but Baekhyun just wanted to let all his anger and frustration with him out at once and there was no stopping it.   

 

“I won’t let you do that to me, Chanyeol, I won’t!” And without so much as a final glance at Chanyeol, he stormed off into his room and slammed the door shut behind him.

 

“Goddamnit, Baekhyun!” He said to himself, bringing his hands to hold his face, feelings tears on his cheeks. “What did you just do? He might not even like you! Why can’t you just keep it together!” He sobbed into his palms. Even though Chanyeol didn’t directly say he liked him, he was still being an and teasing him about being attracted to him. And that reassured Baekhyun. Still he cried, because he realized what he kept forgetting, which was that Chanyeol was a jerk, and yet he still liked him, and he wanted to kick himself in the face for it.

 

“Why don’t you just let him have you, Baek?” He continued talking to himself. “It might be your only chance at love. So what if he uses you, at least you’d have someone…”

He considered it for a moment but immediately denied it. “No, you have more self respect than that.’ He said shaking his head.

 

So many emotions were going through his head at that time. Anger, sadness, hopelessness, and utter fear. All because of his little crush on a person. All because of his little crush on Chanyeol.

 

 

-----------------------------------

 

Lunch time came in the blink of an eye for Tao.

 

Already, everyone was gathered in the yard, talking and eating something of Kyungsoo and Kai’s creation. Today things were different though.

 

Baekhyun looked like he would pass out at any given moment and Luhan sat on the complete other side of the yard from basically everyone except Tao himself who was the closest.

 

Apart from that, it also seemed like the atmosphere was sadder. Conversations weren’t as exciting, it was like everyone had something on their minds, even the always happy Chanyeol.

 

Weirdest of all though, was Kris.

 

Tao still didn’t like him. He hadn’t been nice to him at all, nor had he yet made an effort to talk to him whatsoever. He just sat there

staring at him, while chewing his food. And he wouldn’t stop.

 

Eventually, Tao resorted to just staring back. It became an all out staring contest. After an eternity and a half, he got too uncomfortable and looked away, still aware of Kris’s eyes on him.

 

He looked back and sure enough he was still doing it so he mouthed “what?”.

 

Kris just shrugged and looked away. Finally.

 

Tao went on to observe Kyungsoo. He was sitting beside Kai, talking and smiling. Kai seemed to say something that made him laugh, and they both looked really happy. Tao couldn’t help but smile. It was contagious. Curious, he snuck a glance back at Kris who was staring at him again, but only for a second before he abruptly looked away.

 

He still couldn’t figure out why he was being so weird. He hadn’t talked to him in forever, but that was kind of normal, so what else?

 

Then it hit him.

 

Besides the staring, Kris also hadn’t insulted him in a while.  

 

Could it be possible that he liked him?

 

Probably not.

Of course with the thought of Kris liking him in general, came the silly thought of Kris ‘like-liking’ him.

 

Tao just shook is head. But then he actually started to consider it. Then he started thinking about the tubing incident. It wasn’t much of an incident, but it was traumatizing.

 

He remembered how close his face was to Kris’s and how close their lips were.

He also recalled blushing furiously. Why? He had no idea.

 

He realized he was blushing just thinking about it. It was definitely too close for comfort.

 

For some reason, he suspected that his moment with Kris had something to do with him avoiding him. Had Kris wanted to kiss him? Was he too embarrassed to talk to him because of his feelings?

 

Tao scoffed at that thought. But, when he looked to Kris one last time, he was still watching him. He waited until he looked away before chuckling to himself. “He’s totally in love with me.”

   

--------------------------------

   

“Hey, so what are you doing now?”

Suho asked Lay for the billionth time in an hour.

They were both sprawled out on the main floor couches, Lay on his phone, and Suho bored.

 

Lay had just about enough of Suho.

Of course he would never think Suho was annoying, he was obsessed with him. It was just so exhausting constantly having him around because it killed his heart. He never had any opportunities to compose himself or to calm down because he didn’t want to embarrass himself, and Suho was always there. Always.

 

In response to his typical question, Lay gave him his usual “nothing, Suho.”

Suho huffed in annoyance.

 

It was impossible. Lay had to get away. He was going to have a heart attack. So far his efforts of just sneaking off hadn’t worked. Suho would either follow him or mysteriously pop-up wherever he decided to go.

Once he even sprinted upstairs from where they were in the kitchen and Suho was already waiting for him on the upstairs couch. It was terrifying. So far though, Suho had drawn the line at sleeping in his bed, but he suspected that wouldn’t last.

 

Instead of sneaking off, Lay planned to just get up and leave and just kick Suho in the leg if he tried to come with him, but that might have been a little too rude.

Whatever he did, he had to do it quick, because Suho would only get more bored and more insistent the more he ignored him.

 

He looked over to him, and noticed that at the moment, he wasn’t payi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter