Chapter 2: Say 'No' to Pressure

7 Life-Saving Tips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After the whole debacle last week with the party, Yoonseo knew better now than to just allow Daehyun to talk her into another mess. It feels terrible to actually agree to something you know wouldn’t turn out well.

Avoid when possible. Otherwise, you’re a fool.

“No.”

“Yoonseo –“

“Pressure me all you want but it’s a ‘no’, Daehyun.” She went back to her food for lunch and this time, she remembered to pack some for him as well to make sure her stomach would be full.

“You didn’t even hear me out –“

She brought her hands up to block her ears. “I’m not listening.” She pushes the container of fruits forward in hopes that it would be enough to distract him.

Daehyun sighs as he reaches into the container for a piece of apple.

“Even if you were to threaten me with our friendship, it’s still a ‘no’.” Yoonseo continues while placing her attention on her sandwich. He should also understand from her point of view. 

“But, it’s only the bar.” Daehyun whined.

“Only the bar? A place where drunk people gather and where aggression is prominent?” Did he not hear what he said? Did she even have to explain?

Maybe some other time but last week was too fresh in her memory.

“Fine, fine.” He quickly agreed seeing that nothing he could say will change her mind. “Then, what are you going to do today?”

“I’m going to go to the library and then head back to my dorm.” Yoonseo had her calm Friday all planned out. “You can join me if you want.”

“Can I watch movies in your room?” He had no plans to study on a Friday – that defeats the whole purpose of there being a Sunday. If he had to be completely honest. It may not be the best reasoning but just let him think what he wants.

“If you use headphones.”

“But –“

Yoonseo raised her eyebrows before he could complete his objection.

“Fine.” Daehyun gives in. 

***

“Okay, so you stay there.” Yoonseo motioned towards Daehyun while he lay sprawled out on the bed. As comfortable as can be. “And I’ll be here.” She further explained from her desk. 

“Gotcha.” He sends her a bright smile and puts the headphones on as to not bother Yoonseo. “I won’t interrupt your studying.”

She breathed out upon hearing complete silence in the room – 

Well, that was until she flinched the moment she heard Daehyun’s rowdy laughter coming from behind her. Snapping her head around and sending the boy a quick look to remind him of his previous words, he apologetically nodded his head. 

As the night carried on, if it wasn’t Daehyun’s obnoxious howling he called laughter breaking her concentration that was barely there, it would be his loud snoring that continued in a constant rhythmic pattern. Glancing at the boy who had fallen asleep and comfortably snuggled into her sheets, Yoonseo sighed.

It would be mean to wake him up.

Deciding maybe she should take a break, Yoonseo figured there was no better time to shower than now. Grabbing a post-it note, she scribbled a little note for Daehyun if he were to wake up when she was still in the bathroom. Grabbing her towel and shower caddy, she headed towards the bathroom that was shared among the female students on the fl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter