Chapter 4: No Texting While Driving

7 Life-Saving Tips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Wow, nice apartment.” 

Hearing Daehyun’s comment, Yoonseo looked up and smiled. “It’s an upgrade from the dorms.” Now, she had a bit more privacy and it was still conveniently close to the campus.

While glancing around, Daehyun decided to ask the question on his mind. “There is space for me, right?”

“Of course.” She couldn’t leave out her best friend.

He beamed at her words. “I can stay here whenever I want?”

“But, what about your dorm? It’s a waste of money if you don’t use it.” Yoonseo comments.

“I mean, I’ll use it…as storage.” He chuckled after his words. “Well, come on – you said you were going to cook me dinner.” He grabbed his car keys and shook them. “Let’s hurry to the store.”

Grabbing her purse, they went on their way.

***

Every so often, Yoonseo would notice Daehyun’s attention going towards his phone screen that continued flashing in his lap.

“Daehyun, focus on the road.” She chided him. 

“I am.” He mumbled with his eyes on his phone. “I just have to check something.”

Her hand reaches out and lands on the phone, covering the screen. “It can wait.” Whatever it is, it can wait – she couldn’t emphasize that enough.

“Fine.” He sighs.

“It’s illegal what you’re doing.” She adds. “Did you forget how many accidents happen because of that?” Lives are traded for mere messages – it’s quite ridiculous if you thought about it.

“But, I’m careful.”

“I’m sure they all said the same thing.” On the contrary, he was being careless. 

“It won’t happen to me, Yoonseo.” 

She immediately clicks her tongue. “It’s that thinking that’s going to get you into trouble.” We’re all human – we’re not invincible. The sooner we stop thinking that way, the better off we will be. 

“Alright, alright.” He nods along. “We’re here – from now on, can we discuss dinner?”

Slipping out of the car, they both made their way inside the grocery store. Yoonseo waited while Daehyun grabbed them a cart. 

“So, what do you want?” She asked while looking down the aisles. 

“What can you cook well?” He questioned back and it earned a curt look from her. 

“Don’t look down on my skills.” She warned and he chuckled in response. 

She returned her attention back on the shelves.

Pasta seems like a good choice. She reaches out and grabs the box of pasta noodles. 

“Good choice, that’s easy to make.” Daehyun teasingly comments from the side.

“Did you want to eat or not?’ She questioned him. “Because you’re making it hard for me to want to cook for you.”

Her words only encouraged more laughter from him. His teasing always manages to get a rise out of the girl in front of him. Moving along the aisle, the two jumped suddenly when their cart crashes into another person’s. 

Looking up to meet the person responsible, Yoonseo’s eyes widened upon recognition. 

The gentleman chuckles in embarrassment. “I’m sorry, Yoonseo. That was careless of me.” 

Daehyun looked closer at him before catching the device in his hands. “D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter