Chapter 6: Don't Drink and Drive

7 Life-Saving Tips
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You see, just minutes before, Yoonseo was in a middle of a dream so beautiful that she wished she would never wake up. 

She dreamt of getting straight A’s, being stress-free, having the time of her life with friends and family, and…Yongguk?

That’s weird – 

Then, the pictures started to blur and get fuzzy. 

No, don’t go away…

Her brows slightly furrowed as the images completely disappear and a loud noise pierced through the wall of her unconsciousness. Slowly opening her eyes, she found her cellphone’s screen lighting up her dark bedroom as her ringtone continued to fill in the silence.

With a small groan, she reached out for it and checked the name on the bright screen. 

“God, Daehyun.” Yoonseo silently cursed before picking up the call. “I thought I told you to have fun wherever you are.” Her drowsy voice greeted her friend on the line.

“Yoonseo…”

She paused, thinking something was quite off. “What is it?”

“Come pick me up.”

She wasn’t certain but it sounded like he was slurring his words. “Are you drunk?”

“Not drunk.” He denied. “But, I shouldn’t drive.”

“Stay there, I’ll come.” With a sigh, Yoonseo shut off her phone and gets up from bed. 

She should be thankful he called her instead of finding his way home in that state. Grabbing her jacket and her keys, she left her apartment and found her parked car.

Knowing exactly where Daehyun would be – since he was begging her to come with him just earlier in the day, Yoonseo easily arrived at the bar and found a place to park. Jumping out, she moved quickly and entered the small establishment. 

Scanning the various people still there, Yoonseo finally spots her target and moves over to him. “Daehyun, let’s go.” 

“Oh, Yoonseo, you’re here.” He beamed at the sight of her.

She hummed dismissively. “I’m here because you called me here.”

His hands waved aimlessly in the air. “Do you want a drink before going?”

“Nope.” She shook her head and grabbed his arm. “Come on.”

Finally behaving, he follows her out and she leads him to the car. Opening the passenger door, Yoonseo placed her hand on top of Daehyun’s head to make sure he wouldn’t bump his noggin while in the process of taking his seat. Once limbs were all inside, she closed the door and went to the driver’s side. 

“Were you planning to get this drunk, Daehyun?” Yoonseo questioned while buckling their seatbelts.

“Nope – just happened.”

“Let’s make sure you know your limit next time. You could get hurt.” She scolded him. Alcohol is still a drug no matter how the use is normalized in the culture. In moderation, there is no problem but when it’s used excessively, lots of complications could occur. 

Carefully looking both ways, Yoonseo pulls away from the curb and drives down the road. Stopping at the stoplight, she waited for it to turn green and took a glance at Daehyun. He was busy humming a song at this point. So carefree and so not aware of how he was going to feel in the morning after this. 

She chuckled at the thought. Not that she wished him to feel pain but all actions have consequences and Daehyun definitely did not think this through. 

Facing front, the red light switches to green and Yoonseo gently presses on her gas pedal.

Moving forward, the car comes to an abrupt stop while Yoonseo’s body jerked to the side violently. Feeling the car sliding, she gripped the steering wheel and gasped in shock. 

Once everything registered, she looked to wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter