Chapter four, part I

Burning

Woozi is awaken by loud bangs on his door. He lets out a few curses and turns on the other side, hoping that whoever is will leave. Unfortunately, the person seems very insistent, the knocking growing louder and louder until the boy gives up sleeping. He gets up grumpily and hurries to the door, ready to annihilate any person he will find behind it. Well… maybe not any person.


“Seungcheol.” He greets, voice groggy and eyes barely open. He must look like a mess right now, but all he cares about is going back to sleep.
“Hello there!” Seungcheol replies and his smile is way too bright for this hour. Woozi wishes he could be angry, but that smile makes it kind of impossible.
“What do you want, Seungcheol?” he sighs heavily, resting on the door’s frame, allowing his eyes to close for a second.
“Let’s get breakfast together.” Seungcheol says, voice so optimistic it almost makes Woozi feel bad for having to reject. But his sleep always comes first.

“It’s Saturday.” He slowly says, eyes still closed because he is sure he’ll change his mind if he sees Seungcheol's smile again.
“I know.” 
“I sleep on Saturdays. It’s my day off.” 
“You can sleep later.” 

Woozi sighs. “I want to sleep now.” He whines. He hears a move and then a hand is cupping his right cheek. He opens his eyes in surprise and he’s welcomed with a soft smiling Seungcheol only a few inches away from his face. He’s pretty sure this time he blushed hard.     
“You are so cute when you whine like this.” Seungcheol’s voice is a low whisper, thumb gently caressing Woozi’s cheek and there is something so warm in the taller’s eyes that it takes Woozi’s breath away.

“Get dressed and let’s go, okay?” Seungcheol asks in the same tone and Woozi can feel his knees go weak. Somewhere in the back of his mind, where his brain still barely functions, he thanks the door for supporting his weight. He nods quickly, anything to get away from the older. He doesn’t want to do anything embarrassing, which is kind of inevitable if Seungcheol keeps looking at him like that. The older gives him a large smile and takes a step back, leaving the smaller enough space to go back in his room. He decides to wait for him by the door, showing the pink haired boy that he should hurry up.

Woozi is ready in less than ten minutes, he even had time to style his hair a bit. As he gets out of the room, Seungcheol smiles at him, the same soft, lazy smile from before.
“Let’s go.” The smaller commands, trying to hide his red face by walking in front of the other. He hears Seungcheol chuckle and he knows it’s no use. The taller catches up with two big steps.

They enter a small coffee shop Seungcheol knows. The walk to it took less than five minutes, but the coldness of the early morning had already slipped through Woozi’s too thin clothes, freezing his fingers even though he tried to cover them with his sleeves.

“What do you want?” Seungcheol asks him as they head to the counter.  
“A caramel macchiato, large.” Woozi replies without sparing a glance at the menu. 
“Anything to eat?” 
 “I don’t eat in the morning.” 
Seungcheol nods shortly. “You can wait for me by the window. I’ll be there in a minute.” 

Woozi ignores the way Seungcheol’s soft, warm voice makes him shiver more than the wind outside and proceeds to occupy two seats by the window, as Seungcheol requested. There’s a heater under the tall chairs and it sends waves of hot air to his legs. He approaches it a bit more as he waits. Outside, the world begins to wake up. The people are few, given the fact that it’s Saturday, but the shops on the other side of the road begin to open, their windows lighting the still dark morning. It’s so peaceful and silent that it calms the boy to the point that he doesn’t remember when was the last time he felt so relaxed. 

Seungcheol sits beside him just as quietly and places Woozi’s coffee before the smaller, along with a small cupcake. 
“I told you I don’t want food.” Woozi whispers, scared to break the stillness that surrounds them. 
“I’m sure you'll like it, I think it suits you.” Seungcheol smiles sweetly. Woozi looks at the cupcake. It’s probably chocolate, with cocoa icing and a rose of chocolate on top. It’s beautiful in its simplicity. Woozi finds himself smiling a bit. The coffee is a bit bitter for his taste, but the cupcake’s sweetness compensates. Seungcheol eats his own, bigger cupcake with a small, black coffee. The smaller boy cringes when he thinks at the bitter coffee. He really can’t understand how people manage to drink it like that. 

He wraps his still cold hands around his cup, letting the warmth spread through his fingers. It’s one of his favorite feelings, he may love it more than the coffee itself. He takes another sip, the hot liquid heating up his throat, stomach and then his whole body. He looks outside once again. The sun has begun to rise, and the boy smiles at the contentment he feels. He takes another bite from the cupcake and he’s surprised as cherry syrup invades his mouth. Before he knows it, he lets out a little moan at the taste. He hears Seungcheol chuckle beside him and turns to find the older with his head on the high table, facing him, the same adoring smile on his lips.

“I told you they remind me of you. Looking so beautiful and cool on the outside, but hiding something sweet and surprising inside.” And yes, Woozi is once again blushing, but for some reason he can’t move his eyes away from the other boy. Staring into Seungcheol beautiful orbs is, strangely, anything but awkward and from everything Seungcheol made him go through in the last weeks this is strangely the most intimate feeling of them all and also the most tranquil one. Choi Seungcheol’s dark eyes make him feel warm and cozy and he thinks he can stare at them all day long, as much of a cliché as that sounds. 
Of course they don’t. Seungcheol blinks first and the spell is broken. The older returns to his cupcake with a large smile, bottom lip caught between his teeth. It only makes Woozi feel like something hit him in the chest, his heart beating frantically. They finish their coffee in silence, both smiling softly when they catch the other staring. 

Seungcheol leaves the smaller at his door when they go back to the dorm, telling him to go back to sleep. His words are rewarded with a glare from Woozi because who can sleep after he drank 400ml of coffee. Seungcheol just laughs it off and gets closer to the other. For a second Woozi’s mind goes wild, wondering if Seungcheol will kiss him, and he holds his breath. But the taller just cradles Woozi face with his hand just as he did when he came in the morning. 

“Let’s go on a date again soon, okay?” Woozi’s gasp could be heard on the entire floor, considering the silence around. Seungcheol lets out a low chuckle and bends a little to bring their eyes on the same level. The smaller waits for something, anything, but Seungcheol just looks at him straight in the eyes and a few moments later he takes a step back, smiling.
“See you later.” He announces as he walks a few more steps back. With one last smile he turns away and quickly makes his way to the end of the floor.


 

A/N:

I know, this is really short. It's just a special chapter for you guys, given that it's Valentine's day and all. I actually just wrote it :D 

But it is also the first part of chapter four, so look forward to the rest. I'll try to upload it as soon as possible. 

This was a loooong, eventful day!! [And no... not because it as Valentine. Unfortunally, I'm a lonely potato :( ] 

Have you seen the pictures from the concert? I swear the Meanie couple nearly gave me an heart attack. Also, we have an official name now <3 

 Shout out to all the carats out there!!!

Also, I was.. more like unplesantly surprised, by some really young fans. If it's not too much, could you guys tell me your age? Comment down bellow ^^

Soooo,,, another long A/N. (I think I'm starting to get better at these haha) See you guys in a few days. 

Please don't forget to subscribe and comment. I really appreciate feedback.