The Other Woman

The Other Woman

“!”

The burning slap when hand connected to cheek stung Namjoo’s entire face. Gasps echoed around her. A flush of heat soared through her when she turned to find Park Chorong glaring at her with laser-like eyes ready to murder. She lunged up from her seat the second loose curls from her bun landed on her shoulder and jumped onto the woman, shoving her tiny frame to the floor. Once taken advantage of by sitting on her belly with her full weight, Namjoo returned the slap and shook her violently before struggling to break through the shield of Chorong’s flailing hands.

The noisy shuffle of chairs being pushed back resounded around them as others scurried over to find out what was happening, others to watch their fight. Namjoo grunted and screamed as Chorong cursed her while struggling to push her off. In one quick moment Namjoo recognized the sound of urgent footsteps before a trail of wind whipped past. The next second she was hurled up to her feet and struggling to throw herself back at Chorong, only if it weren’t for the hands holding her back.

Fury gathered in the pit of her stomach as she watched Chorong rise to her feet, her straight hair now in tangles all over her head. In an instant she charged at her. Prepared to lash her arms out to fight back Namjoo found herself swung to the side in a flash by the one imprisoning her.

“Stop!” a voice demanded, his hand out to halt Chorong. “Go out.” Raising his voice with order, “Now!

Chorong huffed angrily with a stern gaze. Namjoo held her eyes with challenge before she turned to stomp out. The snicker and murmuring of others as they returned to their seats floated into the background. Finally released Namjoo spun around to confront the uninvited third party. A handsome young man stared back at her with a deep frown burrowing down his face.

“Are you crazy?” he hissed.

Her stare turned into a menacing glare with warning. Snatching her purse from the table she wheeled around to walk out the open door. When she finally reached her car Namjoo threw her brand name bag into the passenger seat and without buckling her seat belt, sped down the road honking and screaming at the other drivers.

It took her no less than 10 minutes later to reach home through the afternoon rush hour. She abruptly turned into the circular driveway of her home with tires screaming against concrete. Slamming the car door behind her she stomped up the staircase to her home in her stilettos with purse slung over her elbow. Throwing keys onto the floor she demanded to the home driver, “Put my car in the garage.”

“Yes, Little Madam,” the elder driver bowed and quickly shuffled off.

Turning Namjoo stepped toward the staircase but halted and turned to look at the housekeeper watching her. With distaste Namjoo muttered, “What are you looking at?” Bowing immediately she scurried off. The moment she disappeared around the corner Namjoo mumbled, “Lazy . I’d take your dinner away from you if you stared any more.”

Namjoo tossed her purse onto the ground when she reached her room and lazily slid onto her queen sized mattress covered in the highest quality covers. As arranged by the head housekeeper her pillows were switched every two weeks to ensure its fluffiness. It felt just right when her head landed upon the pillow and sniffed in the scent of its freshly laundered pillow case. She drifted off into dreamland a few minutes later, awaking when she heard her door creak open. Namjoo only opened her eyes when she felt someone slip under the covers to join her.

“Hey,” she greeted with a smile as she to her side to face him.

Jongin observed her face carefully. “What happened?”

“It’s nothing,” she told. “When did you get here?”

“Just a few minutes ago.”

“Anyone downstairs?”

“Some of the housekeepers were cleaning.”

His hand softly landed on her red cheek. Jongin’s eyes were mesmerizing and so expressive. She wanted him to look at her always with this devotion locked there. It belonged to her and only her.

“She hit you,” he quietly stated.

“I don’t care,” Namjoo reached up to place her hand on his. “I only care about you. As long as I have you, nothing and no one else matters.”

His lips turned up and she felt his eyes her soul in. She was willing to be his prisoner forever if he loved her this way. Namjoo’s heart rammed against her chest excited when he scooted closer and their lips touched. Euphoria seeped into her veins when he pressed his body to hers. Their kisses deepened into passion, sending pleasurable sensations through her body numbing out the sting on her face. Rotating onto her back she tucked her legs around him feeling her breath go ragged when his hand began ing her pants.

In the next hour time would be theirs. The heat from the earlier battle wore off as Jongin took over, soothing every sore spot on her body.

≈≈≈≈≈≈

“You hit her?!” Sehun screamed. They were at his mother’s greenhouse and Chorong was still sobbing. Seemingly still pissed off he thought.

“So what? She ing deserved it!” Chorong cried from where she sat.

“You hit her!” Sehun emphasized the point. “Do you know how big her mother is? You being this petty only makes them more petty! What if her mother sues you?!”

“Are you defending her?” Chorong accused heatedly.

“I am not,” he Sehun stated. “I’m trying to reel you back to reality.”

Chorong scoffed, “Reality? The reality is that my fiancé was taken from me and you and everyone else expect me to sit here and accept it.” Rising to her feet with blood boiling, “I am not a princess yearning to be pampered nor will I be princess in distress. I am going to take care of that and show her who she’s messing with! She ing stole my fiancé, Sehun!”

She listened to him sigh and rolled her eyes. “Do you not think the problem isn’t her, but him?”

Narrowing her eyes in disbelief she asked, “So he’s the villain? Are you telling me he had a change of heart?! How can you say that?! I know Jongin better than you do!”

“Please, Chorong,” he pleaded. “Who cares about them. Or him. It’s not like I’m asking you to move on immediately. You’re just going to blow the situation up into a bigger problem.”

That is the equivalent of telling me to be the little good girl everyone wants me to be! Don’t oppress my feelings with that concept,” Chorong voiced.

“Don’t be rash,” he cautioned. “Look, I’ll try to talk to Jongin.”

≈≈≈≈≈≈

After gathering their clothes from the floor and folding his neatly onto the side of the bed for him Namjoo stepped into the shower to wash up. Heading downstairs she started toward the kitchen where the scent of freshly cooked food was being prepared. Voices drifted through the house when she neared. Her mother, Kim Soobin’s laughter floated into her ears when she entered the extravagant dining room finely decorated in with gold walls and fine antique. She was seated at the large round table with men ages ranging from 30 to 50, all of them dressed in monotone suits, what Namjoo liked to call clones of each other. Always men she called friends because women were too sensitive for her.

“You’re up?” her pretty faced mother greeted with a bright smile. Makeup made her look comparable to a pale ghost. Trips to the salon were frequent for her. By the age of eight Namjoo had started going along with her to get herself dolled up like some princess. In young age Namjoo looked up to her mother like she was a queen. Kim Soobin was her sun, the moon, the sky, and the world. Namjoo merely worshipped the woman. She had grown up seeing her mother like that.

Now people called her the next vixen. The word was that because there was no man of the house Namjoo would take over Kim Soobin’s position as man stealer and would live just as proudly. They were bold woman who knew no shame. Both of them a disgrace to all women. Wherever they went gossiped lurked, people snickered, pointed fingers, and stared. Every move, every word spoken, and every glance from them had others criticizing the pair as if they were heinous criminals.

“Your mother has spoken well about you,” the closest elder man laughed gladly.

“Nice to meet you.” Namjoo smiled politely with a nod.

“Is your friend upstairs with you?” her mother asked. Those gold loops on her ears sparkled when she said, “Tell him to come down and have dinner with us.”

“We’ll see. Enjoy yourselves now,” Namjoo told before walking into the kitchen. Seeking a plate she began greedily filling it up with the food decked out on a long table like decorations. Ignoring the clatter and movements of the housekeepers busily preparing the meal around her Namjoo walked out after stealing two hour’s worth of food.

Jongin was just pulling his pants on when she walked back into the room. Closing the door she asked, “You’re awake?”

“Since you’re up, I should be up too.” he replied tucking his button down in. Zipping his pants he buttoned it as she walked toward the bed to sit down. Jongin joined her a second later.

“Hungry?” she held out the plate of goods to him and happily watched him grab the fork, inviting himself to the food. Jongin’s phone rang a moment later and he shifted to pull it out of his pocket.

“Yes?” he answered. Namjoo listened to him converse in a hushed voice before hanging up.

“Who was that?”

“A friend.” He replied. “I should go. He wants to meet.”

“So soon?” she asked disappointed with his quick visit.

“I’ll call you later,” he promised then abruptly grabbed her face with his hands to give her a deep kiss. Withdrawing he commented in a whisper that sent her heart shooting up to the sky, “Tastes good.” Smiling he gave her another quick peck then stood to his feet, “Don’t walk me out. Rest.”

Her entire body burned with devotion for him as she watched him leave. Flopping back onto the bed she rolled over, burying her face into the pillow he’d slept on and took in a full whiff of his scent.

≈≈≈≈≈≈

Sehun had rehearsed his words carefully the past half hour he spent sitting alone in the café he opened two years ago. He took much pride in it. The design was his own creation, the artsy building borne into beautiful form by hired construction workers and a professional interior designer. Business was well, his employees were friendly, and regular customers visited daily.

The café was closed for the day so he was alone. He wanted to talk with Jongin privately. He, too, was upset that childhood friend Park Chorong’s wedding was ruined so rashly, called off without even a warning. Few minutes later he recognized Jongin crossing the sidewalk through the French paned windows. The white door opened and he walked in looking smug with a silly smile and somewhat exhausted. There was an air about him that was different.

Sehun’s eyes narrowed when Jongin plopped down into the seat opposite him. His hair was mussed and the freshly pressed button down Sehun had seen him in earlier during the day now had creases. A pink smudge was as visible as day on the collar of his shirt. Lipstick. Sehun felt like he recognized that shade of pink.

“Where’d you come from?” Sehun asked right away.

“Why? You want to be my mother?” Jongin joked but Sehun wasn’t feeling the mood.

“What’s wrong with you?” he interrogated.

“Does my good mood insult you or something?” Jongin wondered. After a brief second passed he asked, “If I’m happy, what does it have to do with you?”

“Have you considered the feelings of those around you?” Sehun asked. “Chorong and the elders. She wasn’t just someone to you, Jongin. She’s your fiancée.”

The light in Jongin’s eyes turned flat. “I make my decisions for myself. Does my life revolve around her only? If you’re telling me to live for her only, forget it. I didn’t come here for this.”

Sehun rose to his feet when Jongin stood up to leave. “So only your feelings are valid? Is that it?”

Jongin’s brow twitched. “If what I do matters so much, why are you the one here? Clearly it’s not you who’s involved. Why didn’t Chorong call me out herself? If she so-called loves me why isn’t she calling me out? You have no reason to stand in her place. If you care so much, why don’t you tie the knot with her instead?”

Sehun’s fist shook with boiling anger. “Because she’s blinded by the love she has for you, dammit! Why can’t you understand that? Have you ever looked at her closely, Jongin? What do you know about her?”

“You’re right,” Jongin tilted his head to look at him. “I don’t know her. That’s why we’re over.”

A glare shone in his eyes before he turned to leave but fast with quick feet Sehun yanked him back, squeezing the collar of his shirt. “What’s happened to you?! Who are you?! You weren’t like this before! Do you think it’s right to swoon an innocent girl off her feet only to abandon her after going so far to propose to her?! This is not as simple as you think it is, Jongin. You’ve gone so far off the path that someone needs to put you back in your place! Chorong can’t do that, so I’ll do it for her! If it weren’t for that goddamn awful vixen, you’d be happily married right now.”

“Who are you to judge?” Jongin hissed, eyes burning with fury. “Do you know the woman I love? Do you know who she is? I’ve never once cursed Chorong, so don’t you dare curse my woman. The next time you do it, don’t think I’ll go easy on you.” Shoving him away fiercely Jongin murmured before walking away, “Don’t call me again.”

The door slammed a second later and Sehun exhaled infuriated. Brushing hand through his hair he bit his lower lip. Jongin was blind! How could he love such an awful woman who came from such a disgraceful family?! How could someone so faithful be seduced so easily?! The friend Sehun had known for a short time had turned into dirt! Damn him for being blind!

≈≈≈≈≈≈

Chorong jumped in her seat when she heard an angry grunt behind her. Turning to see Sehun walking into her piano room she frowned. Recalling that he’d gone to see Jongin she quickly rose to her feet, anxious to learn about his news.

“How’d it go?” she eagerly wanted to know.

“Tell me again why you even like that bastard.”

“Sehun!” He all but glared at her before walking over to sink into the room chair. “What did you say to him?”

“Forget him, Chorong. He’s just an now. The person we knew is no longer there.”

Throwing her head back with a groan she declared, “No. I’m not giving up. Not until I get him back.”

Sehun jumped, “Did you not hear me?!”

Gaze determined, Chorong stared off into the distance, “I’m going to make that so miserable she regrets even living. If she takes one thing from me, I’m going to take twice as much from her.”

“Are you crazy? All of this for a guy?” Sehun’s expression contorted. “You women are so twisted.”

“You don’t understand,” Chorong shot back angrily. “You’ll never understand until you find someone you love.”

“Me? By seeing how crazy you guys are, would I ever be interested?” Sehun mocked.

Chorong looked him over irked before walking over to the tiny bookshelf of musical books. Pulling a hard covered book out she flipped through it until she discovered what she was looking for. Tossing it onto the empty spot beside Sehun she waited for him to look at it after giving her a curious glance.

Once his eyes finally landed on a familiar page they’d gone over years ago she said, “You’re worse than a loser if you tell me you never had anyone you liked before.” Her gaze darkened. “You liked that too.” When she witnessed how his eyes narrowed she finished, “I just thought of an idea. I think I know how to get Jongin back. And you’re going to help me.”


***I'm so hyped! Let's get this going!

***p.s. photobucket is down for maintenance so i'll put up the intended cover when it's back up