Chapter 7

Hands

First thing Jong Kook woke up is to message Seong-Im, “Morning dear, I can’t wait to see you in the morning”

When Seong-Im woke up, she saw his message and smile, “Morning! Me too, you came into my dreams last night”

Jong Kook was having his breakfast, he returned the message “Really, me too! I dreamt we were on our first date”

“Me too, we went to the aquarium” Ji Hyo continued.

“And we saw sharks and dolphins!’ Jong Kook wrote.

“Oh my gosh!! Did we have the same dream?” Ji Hyo typed excitedly. She could not believe the two of them had the same dream.

“I think so, that’s it! We have to go to the aquarium for our date on Saturday! If that is ok with you?” Jong Kook blushed as he typed in his invitation. He was excited and yet felt simply incredible that both of them had such similar dream.

“Of course, see you later. I am going to be late, ttyl” Ji Hyo needed to hurry, she had spent too much time texting with Jong Kook.

Jong Kook was later than usual too, he rushed out of the apartment to catch his usual bus. Fortunately, he managed to catch his bus and arrived office at his usual time and started his preparation of the later discussion.

Ji Hyo entered the office and saw the usual busy Jong Kook, she purposely walked past him and cleared . He looked up, and they both smiled into each other's eyes. None of the others caught this exchange, they were too busy eating their breakfast.

Like usual, Jong Kook sat on his corner of the discussion table when the discussion commerced, Ji Hyo would sit beside him. The difference is the space between them, in the past, one more person could comfortable sat in between them, although none in the right mind would. But today, that person would need to go for a diet.

Jong Kook started the discussion with a brief of the product and what the customers wanted. Jae Suk would sometimes add additional information like always. Today product was an engagement ring, they need to make an advertisement to promote it. However, instead of bickering, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were like one, Jong Kook would start with one sentence, then Ji Hyo would add on top, both looking in each other eyes, and talking so demurely. If the bickering duo made the team had headache, the agreeing pair made the team' hairs stood up.

The entire team, with exception of Suk Jin, was in a shook. None of them took notes or try to brainstorm with the pair. After one round of them “brainstorming”, Jong Kook turned and asked, “You are very quiet today, So can we have a recap?” he looked at the rest of teams curiously, what was wrong with them. He asked Seong-Im with his eyes, and she shrugged her shoulders.

Suk Jin, as usual, rattled a recap of the discussions. Jong Kook and Seong-Im loved the idea they produced and looked at the others expertedly. The rest heard Suk Jin’s recap and agreed the idea were wonderful and they had nothing to add. That was half of the truth, the other half was they wanted to left the over sweet room as soon as possible. All of them, except Suk Jin, wondered what was wrong or right with the pair. Suk Jin exited his note taking mode and noticed the pair seating unusally closed, did something happen during his stance, he wondered.

Jae Suk waited at the door for Jong Kook, and pushed him back into the discussion room and closed the door. A dumbfound Seong-Im wondered what was so urgent that Jae Suk had to push Jong Kook into the room, her boyfriend was still hurt. She went back to her place but she keep looking at the door.

Meanwhile in the discussion room, Jae Suk asked worriedly, “Are you sick?” He tried to check whether Jong Kook was having a fever. Jong Kook waved Jae Suk’s hand away.

“I am fine. Look! What could be wrong with me?” exclaimed Jong Kook.

“There were a lot of things wrong with you in the meeting! Something up, tell me” demanded Jae Suk.

“There is nothing, if something really did happen, I will inform you first. Happy?” Jong Kook promised Jae Suk, well, technically after their first date, something really happened then. How they confessed to each other didn’t count.

Jae Suk sighed in relief, “You better tell me, you hear.” He treated Jong Kook as a brother he never have. Jong Koo could already filled his position or led his own team, but yet he remain where he was. “I liked to create more than manage,” he had said.

After Jae Suk came out of the room, Haha, Kwang Soo, Gary and Suk Jin rushed in, blocking Jong Kook’s way out. Gary even locked the door. Seong-Im’s brow knotted together. “What was wrong with everyone today! Why are they bully her Jong Kook”

The rest of the teams cornered Jong Kook, “Something not right between you and Seong-Im! Tell us now” they demanded.

“There is nothing not right between us” declared Jong Kook. Only something right. He smirked.

“No.. something happened! Tell us” they insisted.

“Lunch, that what going to happen, I am hungry.” Jong Kook claimed. He pushed them aside and announced. “Lunch time, let’s go”

All of them walked out of the office together and went to their favourite haunt. The ex-disagreeing pair sat beside each other, like what they would do normally. But they started to share food each other and not a word of squabble had been heard. The rest were speechless.

In the afternoon, they took up their routine duties to finish the advertisement so that they could run through tomorrow again.  it had been a quiet day but suddenly “STRESSSSS” shouted Gary. Everyone looked up, “I can’t work like this, it is too quiet and peaceful. I can’t generate any idea. Jong Kook, Seong-Im please help me.”

“With what?” Jong Kook asked bewildered. What did Gary wanted.

“You too, just argue, quarrel, squabble, bicker, whatever, just say something in loud voices!!” Gary pled. His brain needed their stimuli, Gary never dreamt, he would beg for their quarrelling. “Please!”

 “Mm, Seong_Im” Jong Kook shouted across his cubicle, “Gary said we need to help him”

“Ok,” she said. “Mm .. I love the advertisement.” And then she blushed, looking at her own piece of work.

“Me too” Jong Kook cant help but agreed with her.

“Ok ok both of you stopped it! You are not helping.” Gary surrendered. The rest of the teams were already laughing from the exchange and now their stomach hurt.

It was the end of the day, both of them packed up, and left the office. The rest of the teams sighed with relief that the funny atmosphere both of them created left with them, they can finally started to work.