Chapter 4

Hands

Seong-Im washed her hand, “I will be preparing some dishes to go with rice for lunch, is that ok?” Jong Kook nodded his head. He sat down at the dining table and watched Seong-Im busied herself with the preparation. Jong Kook felt she was perfect for his kitchen, she belonged in it.

 

Soon, smell of cooking filled up the kitchen and Jong Kook stomach rumbled as well. Seong-Im was done with her first dish, she placed it on the dining table. Jong Kook first instinct was to taste the food, he picked up a piece and was about to place it in his mouth.

 

“Did you wash your hand?” Seong-Im was glaring at him.

 

He smiled sheepishly, “I will do it now.” He got up and make his way slowly to the sink and quickly clean up, before returning to the table with a pair of chopsticks. He used it to pick up his second piece.

 

“That is for lunch!” she said exasperatedly, “Give me another 5 minutes, I will be done. Why not you help up by setting the table, so we all get to eat something” She was trying to find something to distract him, she wanted to sit down and eat with him.

 

“Ok”, he quickly he set the table for both him and her, feeling funny, this was the first time he ever set a table for someone that is not family at his dining table. She also done with the last dish and they sat down to have a homemade lunch. “It had been a long time someone cooked for me.” He said.

 

She raised her brows, really? Who was the person who had cooked for him before, she couldn’t help to wonder, were they very much in love. The food seemed to taste bitter now compare to a moment ago.

 

“My mum used to drop by often, but now her attention is on her grandson, I had already been forgotten.” He complained about his mother lack of attention for him. She giggled, the food tasted fabulous now.

 

“You are jealous of a young kid, Kim Jong Kook, I didn’t expect it from you!!’ she laughed out loud, after she quickly swallowed her food.

 

“Come on, I am not jealous of the baby, its just that the food supply stopped and I needed to do it myself. You wouldn’t understand, you are still living with you parents.” He said in a huff. He felt injustice he was definitely not jealous of his nephew, he was just grumbling now he needed to cook on his own. She rolled her eyes, although she did find him cute like this.

 

“So, how my cooking?” she asked, honestly wanted an opinion. She looked at him expectedly.

 

He was caught off guarded, he gave it a thought and answered truthfully. “It was ok, very homely cooking. Next time you should try mine.”

 

“Sound good. I heard the guys said your cooking was the best among them.” Jong Kook blushed. Of course, he was, he hated to eat out and would cook whenever possible. They finished their lunch talking about anything under the sun. They couldn’t believe that two days had passed and they haven’t started any argument yet.

 

He wanted to help to wash up but she chased him out of the kitchen. “Go and take a shower. I will give you your medicine after I done and change the dressing.” He went back to his rroom, he had to admit he had felt feverish again. He had thought he should be ok already and hoped the shower would remove some of his fever.

 

Seong-Im armed herself with the first kit and his medicine. He ate the pills one by one. Seong_Im busied herself with getting rid of the old plasters and putting medicine on his wounds. It stringed him but he didn’t make a sound. After she took care of his knees, she motioned to him to remove his clothes. He blushed again and turned his back towards her, he removed his t-shirt and she got more glimpse of the muscles on him. She could felt herself drooling over his body. This isn’t right she thought, first, it not right to drool at the patient you are looking after, second, you were drooling after Kim Jong Kook.

 

Her hand applied the medicine gently, he felt his skin burnt wherever she touched, yet he wanted her to keep touching him. He wondered why he had all this conflicting feeling, maybe it was because his body was weak and it had affected his brain. All the fevers must have brunt something.

 

“Why are you feeling warm again?” Seong-Im asked. She put her hand on his forehead, to confirm her diagnosis, she lowered herself and touched his forehead with hers. “Oh My!! You are running a fever again! We shouldn’t have gone for the walk! You must rest now.” She helped him up and went into his room.

 

He was thankful when he laid down on his bed, that feels good. “I am ok, I just felt sleepy after the medicine.” He yawned.

 

He looked weak to her. “You better had some rest then. I will just hang around and cook you dinner later.” She wanted to make sure he got better. It was her fault for not letting him carry on with the fever medicine.

 

“OK, you just watched TV or play games. Just be comfortable, I should wake up soon” he wanted her to stay too, he wanted her to be around.

 

“I will, don’t worry. You had given me introduction to your house, I know where everything is.” She said as she tucked him to bed. He slowly dropped his eyelids and fell asleep. She took a good look at him, she hadn’t have a chance while they were colleagues or even last night.

 

He had a strong jaw line, framing his face in perfect symmetry. His nose was sharp, while his lips were thin.The lips had a shade of pink, ladies would envy.His two high cheek bones made him looked fierce if he didn’t smile, yet also give him strong characteristics. He looked handsome. She knew how many ladies would kill themselves over a date with him, but so far, none of them ever succeeded. She wondered what would it took to find a place in his heart. She gave her head a shook and got up, it not important to think about this now. She went to the kitchen to take some ice from the freezer and took a piece of towel from his bathroom, She gave the towel a rinse in the ice water and then place the dry towel over his forehead.

 

It must give him some comfort, his brows relaxed and he fell into deeper sleep. She did it again, until she felt his fever had gone down. She removed the towel and went into the living room. There wasn’t much to clean up, his house was tidy enough, she had seen dirty clothes in the shower area and she wanted to help him with laundry, but decided against it, every person washing style was different. It would be better to consult him first. She on the television but there was nothing that interest her, he was more interesting. So she went back to his side, staring at him till sleep claimed her as well.

 

He woke up, feeling much better, a towel slid down his face, he caught the wet towel before it hit his bed. He turned sideway to place the towel on his bed side table when he saw her sleeping on the side of his bed, her arms folding under her. She must be tired as well. He decided not to wake her up and laid there studying her.

 

Her large brown orb was hidden under her eye lids. The pair of eye brow curved softly over the eyes. Her nose was a small, while her soft pink lips were full, so much so that he wanted to give them a bite. Her two pink cheeks looked so rosy that they ensembled a pair of pink peaches. She always turned heads in the company, he knew many male colleagues envied their team to have such a pretty lady, but she was not attached, despite numerous counting effort by some of their colleagues.

She must be uncomfortable sleeping like this, he thought. He quickly got up and carried her onto his bed, she was light. She turned and fell into deeper sleep. He smiled, he liked her on his bed.

In her dreams, he suddenly surrounded her, she was admiring him from afar, then she could felt him embracing her. She couldn’t help but blushed, yet feeling contented in his arms.

 

He sat there watching her, then he felt like a ert and left the room to give her more privacy. He switched on the television, surfing through the channels and waiting for her to wake up. A rustle could be heard from his room and he saw her walking out, feeling embarrassed.

 

“Sorry, I fell asleep. How are you feeling?” she reached out for his forehead.

 

“Better after the nap. See no fever.” He tried to reassurance her he was well enough.

 

“Yeah, the fever back down again.We need to make sure it didn’t come back. Hungry? I go and prepare dinner”

 

Actually, he was not hungry but he wanted her to rest early tonight, so he nodded yes. She quickly prepared a soup that contains meat and vegetable and then had a quick dinner. She washed up and he insisted he all well, and she should leave early. She agreed but only after he had his medicine. He sent her to the busstop, that much he could do. They waved goodbye after making plans for her to visit again the next day

 

He went to bed looking forward to her visit, falling asleep on the bed that had her sweet smell.