Chapter 1

Hands

They were quarrelsome pair. They could squabble just about anything under the sun. The rest of the team always felt amazed. Kim Jong Kook and Cheon Seong-Im quite clashed till the cows come home but they produce amazing results. Their advertisements were often creative and the rest often had much laughter from their petty squabble. They could argue almost anything under the sun, and their argument was often innovation. No wonder they could come up with interesting result.

 

Their team leader, Jae Suk, on one hand wanted the team to be harmonised but on the other hand appreciate the creative energy that was produced by the bickers. It had not only inspired both of them but the entire team as well. He had resigned to their clashes as long as both of them didn’t turn violent. He had tried to talk to Jong Kook to keep his cool while he with Seong-Im but Jong Kook had snorted at him, “She started it first and she had tread the thin lines too often.” Jong Kook had often said about Seong-Im.

 

Seong-Im also had her comment, “He was petty and never able to see a woman on par with him. I simply could not stand him.” when Jae Suk tried to talk to her about Jong Kook. Jae Suk could not get them to see point ot point.

 

Despite been each other worse enemy, they knew each other very well. Sometime, before a presentation, Seong-Im would fidget and bite her fingers. Jae Suk had seen multiple times Jong Kook would extend his hand and Seong-Im would then automatically hold his hands in hers for a short while before breaking off. But this tiny moved seem to clear her nervously and she could present in top form.

 

Jae Suk wondered is there more to where the bickering came from. He tried to get more information from Haha and Kwang Soo, Jong Kook best friends for the longest amount of time. They had both claimed ignorant of any possibility that both of them knew each other before they met as colleague. Jae Suk, in the end, had to check with both of them, they had denied knowing each other before this as well.

 

Haha and Kwang Soo had also noticed the pair closeness. They would opt to sit next to each other and bicker. The rest of the team had learnt to leave the seat beside either one of them alone. Kwang Soo had been a fool when he chose to sit beside Jong Kook and left no place for Seong-Im. In the end, he was in the midst of the quarrel, one he couldn’t escape. The experience left him scarred. But he only learnt his lessons after 3 to 4 times, he had not able to bear sitting near either of them. Haha had been the smarter one, after observing what happened to Kwang Soo, had left the pair on their own. But he knew his hyung, he was never one so petty, he also observed that the pair got closer every day even when they denied it. He wondered why his usual smart hyung had been so dumb around her, is there something he was missing.

 

Gary wanted to have a simple and peaceful life, the pair didn’t go well with him, sometimes he wished they would just admit that they couldn’t work together and change teams. But the point is, they work together perfectly well, so well, no one wished them to be apart. The contradicting thoughts often left him confuse, he couldn’t make up his mind whether they should to be together or not. “STRESS!!” he had shouted in one of their usual meeting and both of them crossed swords as the usual. That didn’t stop them but make worse. His head pounded after the meeting and he realised he needed to just keep his mouth shut and kept his feelings to his own.

 

Suk Jin was the oldest member in the team, he supported them whole-heartedly. Their ideas had made his life easily. He could easily tuned off their cross fire, he was always at peace with himself. He just busy himself with picking up good ideas from the battles so that could end the sessions fruitfully. He just amazed at the fact that both of them could even think of from the ideas and generate even better ones. He was just happy he could earn his keep through others hard work.