Chapter 5

Obstacles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera's POV 

I was in the car with Baekhyun as he drove me to hell. No,my house but it suits more to call it hell,for me. We didn't talk but I love that kind of silence because it's comforting to be with someone who gave me strength to live my life even though it was miserable. A hand crept on mine and I looked at Baekhyun's face. "You will be alright hm. At least they didn't instruct you to be home right after school" he reassured me while driving with his serious face. I just nodded and got lost in my thoughts. I knew he didn't like it when he was the one driving me home because he knew how hell it could be for me. He even had a fight with my parents last two years. I just couldn't forget about it. He brought his parents to my house and his parents talked to my parents about how my parents treated me. They wanted to take care of me like their own daughter and even asked for an adoption. Of course my parents won't let me go. They didn't want me to live happily and in wealth of Baekhyun's family. Since then, I was treated way too harsher than before because my parents were so mad at me for telling Baekhyun how was my life at home. Baekhyun was not allowed to enter my house after that and he could only drive me secretly. I even told him to just stop at two houses before mine so that I could tell my parents I walked home. 

"We're here baby" he poked my face. "Thanks oppa" I squeezed his hands and hopped out. I walked to my house as slow as I could. I really hate being home and sometimes I would spend my night at school even though it was creepy but my house was creepier. I took a deep breath before turning the knob. It was not locked and I knew what I will face. "Yah! Where did you go?" my father aka Mr Kim asked. "To school,sir" I answered. Don't be shocked because I was never allowed to call them Omma or Appa. "You think I'm stupid? I saw that bastard's car!" he yelled and dragged me to the couch where my mother was sitting. "Aigoo she lied huh? Let me give her a piece of advice" she pulled my hair up making my body stood up and she pushed me back to the couch. "Who taught you to lie to us? That bastard right?!" my father yelled while pulling my hair to face him. "Speak!" they yelled. "No" I replied while holding my tears. "Why aren't you 19 yet. Such a burden" my mother said. "But I won't let her marry that bastard for sure" my father spoke while gazing at me. They always misunderstood Baekhyun and me. They thought we were dating. "Wash our clothes and dishes tonight. Mop the whole house as well. I want it to be done when we wake up tomorrow. Understand?" my mom said. I just nodded and walked to my room with my head hung low. 

As I entered my room, my tears fell when I saw my drawer being opened. I ran to peek inside and as what I thought,they took my savings and jewels Baekhyun bought for me. I stood there while crying silently,speechless. My life was really miserable and I didn't have any savings if I wanted to survive myself. Suddenly,my phone rang and I saw the ID. I was Baekhyun calling but I didn't want to answer it because he would be so w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter